cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting of rewards

goombaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm thinking of upgrading my current PM plan to a higher plan. Will my current reward discounts be carried forward to the new plan or will I have to start from the beginning. 

14 REPLIES 14

LOL… maybe slicing and dicing of topics went on then as well! 

I have to admit I missed that the topic was three years old until @darlicious mentioned it. I glanced at the date and only picked up the almost current Dec 19 part of it. Initially I was going to point out that people don’t always use the correct terminology and if the OP happened to have a 2 GB recurring data bonus that isn’t technically a “reward” and certainly could be lost. But I won’t mention it now (too late) as I don’t believe that existed back then.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious , @t_p : Our old friend slash seems to have got scrubbed. I suspect they were the ones who started the thread. Maybe goombaman became the thread creator and thus chose a solution after re-appearing for the gifts. Dunno.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, also the way different threads have been clumped together sometimes it makes no sense when you read them...🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @t_p : Our old friend slash seems to have got scrubbed. I suspect they were the ones who started the thread. Maybe goombaman became the thread creator and thus chose a solution after re-appearing for the gifts. Dunno.

@t_p 

Lol...I must confess I didn't read the solution....I was just surprised to see a solution chosen by the OP 3 years after posting their question to the community. Makes it all that more comical now.

@darlicious wrote:

@goombaman 

I have to say thanks for updating your thread with a solution....after 3 years have passed since you last posted in the community! Hopefully you were happy with your plan change and have enjoyed recieving the holiday gifts from pm. If you have not recieved the text from 4911 and replied YES you can contact customer support to have a CSA apply them to your account. Happy Holidays!

@darlicious 

How could that be considered a solution?

OP was asking about keeping their rewards when changing plans and @Anonymous reply was about prorating and to another poster who didn't even appeared in this thread ?? Am I missing something? 🤔

@goombaman 

I have to say thanks for updating your thread with a solution....after 3 years have passed since you last posted in the community! Hopefully you were happy with your plan change and have enjoyed recieving the holiday gifts from pm. If you have not recieved the text from 4911 and replied YES you can contact customer support to have a CSA apply them to your account. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

is it best to wait for ur billing cycle to approach near end before switching to another plan to avoid any prorated issues

There are no prorated issues. There's no prorating.

The preferred method is to future date the plan change for your next renewal.

The other method is an immediate plan change. But you lose what is left of value of what you've already paid for. See no prorating.

@goombaman wrote:

That is correct. I am not porting out. I'm simply looking to get a better plan than the one I'm currently on but I don't want to lose the current discounts I'm getting for time of service and for bringing in friends and such.So thearetically if I'm paying $0 per month on a $20 plan would I get a $20 discount on a higher plan if I decided to upgrade

Yes you keep your referral credits, autopay credit, loyalty reward( if any) and any community rewards.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

goombaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is correct. I am not porting out. I'm simply looking to get a better plan than the one I'm currently on but I don't want to lose the current discounts I'm getting for time of service and for bringing in friends and such.So thearetically if I'm paying $0 per month on a $20 plan would I get a $20 discount on a higher plan if I decided to upgrade

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Rewards cannot be transferred. If you port out and back in, for the $10 off for 6 months, your rewards would be lost. 

The OP isn't talking about porting out and back in just about changing to a higher priced plan.  So they will be able to keep their current rewards.  But you are also correct that if you port out you lose what is currently in your account.

I know. 🙂

I’m anticipating someone asking this. 

@TMS wrote:

Rewards cannot be transferred. If you port out and back in, for the $10 off for 6 months, your rewards would be lost. 

The OP isn't talking about porting out and back in just about changing to a higher priced plan.  So they will be able to keep their current rewards.  But you are also correct that if you port out you lose what is currently in your account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@goombaman wrote:

I'm thinking of upgrading my current PM plan to a higher plan. Will my current reward discounts be carried forward to the new plan or will I have to start from the beginning. 

There are associated with your account and not just your plan.  They will move forward with you.  They will only be applied on a renewal date so if you are doing an immediate plan change you will need to pay the full price.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Changing plans does not affect your rewards. 

Need Help? Let's chat.