cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change and rewards

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am currently on $15 monthly plan and planning to change the plan at my next renewal date to $25 plan to support my higher data usage. My question is that couple days ago, I have received the 1GB promo to my account and will get dropped when I change my plan. Also, I have refer a friend reward and will it also disappear with my plan change?

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@selva1 the bonus data is associated with the account, not your base plan.  This is no different with any other add-on such as long distance minutes or US roaming.  These are add-ons and will only go away once you've used them up (or in the US roaming case when the 10 days are up).  So definitely feel comfortable doing the plan change without worrying about losing anything.  

Same goes for the refer a friend reward.  This reward is associated with your account, not your base plan.  So you can make as many changes as you want on your account, this reward will always remain (unless the person you referred changes to another cell company).

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The bonus data doesn't expire and stays with you until it's used up

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@selva1 

As others have mentioned both rewards are tied to your account, not your plan.

The free 1GB promo works exactly like the $30 1 GB Add-on. It will remain on your account and remaining data will carryover until all of it is consumed.

The refer-a-friend will remain as long as you and your friend have an active plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You won't lose either. Go for it.

@selva1 wrote:

I am currently on $15 monthly plan and planning to change the plan at my next renewal date to $25 plan to support my higher data usage. My question is that couple days ago, I have received the 1GB promo to my account and will get dropped when I change my plan. Also, I have refer a friend reward and will it also disappear with my plan change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selva1 wrote:

No and no.

Edit: ninja'd

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No you will not lose the 1 free GB nor refer a friend on your plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.