cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM forum is a good social forum.

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This forum with it's rewards is a good thing but is mostly a social forum. The rewards for posting questions and comment in addition to bravos are incentives to log on and peruse and interact with other members. 

13 REPLIES 13

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

This forum with it's rewards is a good thing but is mostly a social forum. The rewards for posting questions and comment in addition to bravos are incentives to log on and peruse and interact with other members. 

Infact, a user the other night (was clearly drunk lollll) and made a social only post regarding the toronto maple leafs, and while I do support his post ... the post was removed by a higher up.. because it was NOT REGARDING PUBLIC MOBILE

why?

because this is not a social forum...

Robert you sort of resembled the remark some time ago. 

@will13amHaha yes. I pictured my post in my head during that comment. I fully resembled its uselessness (minus the self solution)... Sometimes that rum. Our past experiences shape our future it is always a reminder for me to learn and do better / not repeat mistakes. #neverforgets 

It was one of the few "off topic", "social", "not public mobile", "not support related" etc topics.  While they do happen from time to time they are rare and do not in anyway represent this as a "mostly a social forum" and will either be buried quickly, deleted by a higher up (or edited once sober)

@RobertQc wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

Infact, a user the other night (was clearly drunk lollll) and made a social only post regarding the toronto maple leafs, and while I do support his post ... the post was removed by a higher up.. because it was NOT REGARDING PUBLIC MOBILE

why?

Robert you sort of resembled the remark some time ago.  The post you refer to was put aside because it was not within the spirit of this forum and the poster accepted his own post as a solution.  

yiatioxi-ok

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

Not sure why you are still on this. It is a customer service forum not a social forum for general chit chat.  

Yes of course  ---  customer service by the moderators but sorry if you disagree the rest is just back and forth good will chit chat. 

yiatioxi-ok

Really now -What are we doing right now?

"only some getting to know one another and private messages? "

@RobertQc wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

but is mostly a social forum.

No, absolutely not. While yes there will be some very small social aspest such as getting to know different users and maybe some private messages back and forth 

yiatioxi-ok

But you do agree that in addition to being helpfull it in part at least is also a social forum.  In my opinion proof of this is the mostly back and forth chit chat such as we are doing right now. Take the time to peruse posting and you can not disagree that quite a few are just chit chat.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

I have to disagree that its "mostly social"

I have not been here long but almost every post and topic is someone needing immediate assistance for their device or service not working.

The rewards are VERY LOW in comparison to how much we help the community, I agree its a good forum and the rewards are nice but its not why most people are here. I love helping people.

yiatioxi-ok

@drmartin wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

This is probably the first non-Public Mobile post I've personally ever seen.  

Sorry - don't understand why you think this is not a PM post?  This post refers to the PM forum - does it not? 

@Anonymous wrote:

I think some social interaction is nice. It helps foster and build a friendly place. 

I suspect that leafs thread was removed due to giving himself a solution for a social post. 

It was removed because it had nothing to do with public mobile.  If we allow posts like that this forum would be flooded with non PM posts making it even harder to get service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think some social interaction is nice. It helps foster and build a friendly place. 

I suspect that leafs thread was removed due to giving himself a solution for a social post. 

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

This is probably the first non-Public Mobile post I've personally ever seen.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

why?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

but is mostly a social forum.

No, absolutely not. I assume you are just bored? I really don't know where you get this idea from. Might want to check out the BMW forums or reddit and see what a "social" forum is. This is a community help / support forum. While yes there will be some very small social aspest such as getting to know different users and maybe some private messages back and forth (I just did a rough calculation) and besides this post.... the last 39 topics in a row have been 100% regarding cell phones and public mobile service (what I would call on topic and not social)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

Not sure why you are still on this. It is a customer service forum not a social forum for general chit chat.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

I have to disagree that its "mostly social"

I have not been here long but almost every post and topic is someone needing immediate assistance for their device or service not working.

The rewards are VERY LOW in comparison to how much we help the community, I agree its a good forum and the rewards are nice but its not why most people are here. I love helping people.

Need Help? Let's chat.