cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Refer-a-Friend Reward -Is it a big scam?

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do have several phone accounts with me and they are all for my family members. I was having a lot of Refer-a-Friend Rewards and now  all my credits are  reduced to $17. What is going on?

I

22 REPLIES 22

cjlogie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oops! Yep typo. RAF reward is $1 a month.

It is of course that it's possible that there could be mistakes made that aren't to the customer's benefit. The majority of losts refer-a-friend credits in the last little while were of referrals that never really happened. There were people who had 50 phone numbers in the referral list but had 90 to 100 dollars credited to the account each renewal. These corrections recognized that a member should only receive a $1 credit per friend referred.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Roger3 

it’s not a scam, look on the positive side for a while you we’re getting credit for referrals when should not have, look at it as a bonus, focus now on getting new ones.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have only been with public for a little while. But when I was referred I received the 10.00 credit right away. If it was a scam I dont think they would be giving out those credits. 

@atan2003 not 100% sure this would be covered under the directive of CCTS. Public Mobile reserves the right to distribute or stop distributing rewards. If they have a glitch that has been going on for sometime then they will need to clean it up so they are not giving more away then is due. 

Take a screen shot of all rewards, make a spread sheet if you are concerned about who you have and if they have been taken away. 

@atan2003 

Rewards are not covered under the CCTS mandate.

@cjlogie 

Although it could have been a typo the refer a friend reward is $1 per month.

cjlogie

Absolutely not a scam!  I've just referred my second friend and am waiting to receive my bonus (usually takes 3 days for the $10 credit to appear and the $2 refer-a-friend monthly credit shows up on your next statement).  Awesome!

zblackma

I don't think its a scam.  They are just fixing a loophole in the system. 

atan2003

@brettster99 wrote:

@Roger3 

No, it is not a scam that Public Mobile is removing refer a friend credits out of nowhere. They are removing ones that either people closed their / inactive accounts or switched to another provider. 

But even only having 17 refers is huge. I just got my first one yesterday after a couple of years😂

Customers who had left Public Mobile weren't the issue. I can't say the same about inactive/suspended accounts. This caused duplicate rewards, sometimes multiple times per referral.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 wrote:

I do have several phone accounts with me and they are all for my family members. I was having a lot of Refer-a-Friend Rewards and now  all my credits are  reduced to $17. What is going on?

I

@Roger3   Consider yourself lucky to have benefited from some "bonus" referral rewards because of a glitch in PM's system.  As they say "all good things come to an end" 😊

brettster99

@Roger3 

No, it is not a scam that Public Mobile is removing refer a friend credits out of nowhere. They are removing ones that either people closed their / inactive accounts or switched to another provider. 

But even only having 17 refers is huge. I just got my first one yesterday after a couple of years😂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 They did a cleanup. This could be many of your friends are no longer with Public mobile. Although it does seem a little bit weird that so many people are losing credits. Going forward take screenshots of your credits. But as was already posted if they have not been cleaning these things up for a long time this might be why they are. 

It is very difficult to figure out which ones were lost though. As far as it being a scam, not too sure about that. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Does anyone know what happens when your referral changes their PM number? Does it get updated on the "My Rewards" section? If not, why not?

It updates.

@Anonymous  Thanks, good to know.

I'll grant that this is now. I had changed a referral number before the bug fix. It shows properly in my list now. I don't recall looking at the time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Does anyone know what happens when your referral changes their PM number? Does it get updated on the "My Rewards" section? If not, why not?

It updates.

@Anonymous  Thanks, good to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

It updates.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

From now on, referral rewards equals to the amount of phone numbers you see in the Referral Rewards list. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 It is not a scam, but there was a possibility that when a person doesn't use PM anymore, you still received a reward for that account. Now, PM fixed the issue. You get a reward only for active users.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 hi unfortunately they are not forever,when someone leaves your referral gets deducted 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Roger3 wrote:

I

It is not a scam, PM is correcting referral errors in all accounts. If you know some should not have disappeared have those members submit a ticket with your referral code.

I lost a bunch overnight too.  It was noticed by PM that rewards were being paid out in error when there wasn't an actual referral.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

They did a cleanup

I had a reward removed (my cousin leftIleft) but I still kept getting money for it for 2 months, also I received a referral out of the blue and it didn't show up in my list, just the sms. Now the amount reflects correctly the list of referrals.

Check the amount you are getting against the list, if it doesn't match contact moderators they can adjust it. If active number doesn't show up either, ask your friend to contact moderates with your referral

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

I referred lots of people but people do leave and you lose those referrals

Need Help? Let's chat.