cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Community

Domgodess
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been a Public Mobile member for about a year now and I love the rewards system.   I would like to start earning some Community Rewards but am not clear on a couple of things.  If we are rewarded by questions asked and answered, do they have to be unique questions?  Does a person get rewarded even if the same question has already been asked? If so, what's to stop a person from just copying others in order to get rewards?  If someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it.  I would like to become a part of this community and participate in the best way I can. Thankyou.

12 REPLIES 12

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kaiello 

Welcome to the family, hopefully you can refer as many people as possible so everyone can benefit from the savings.

Kaiello

I’m so happy Public Mobile is available in manitoba

Mookie32
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Genuinely helping others with knowledge gained learning how Public Mobile works and sharing will get you the best results.  If you have time to help, it only helps you in return.  Small investments in time will get you smaller savings.  Helps out with the price of your cell.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would say you should contribute to the community because you genially want to help people with their technology related problems, the rewards will come after and you should treat them as little surprises.

@Domgodess wrote:

What are the purpose of Bravos? Is giving/getting them another way of getting rewards? 

@Domgodess  Yes, unfortunately they are the most important factor used to calculate rewards. Unfortunate because they are used to game the system IMO. I give you a bravo you give me back a bravo etc.

It's all about quantity and not quality. That is why in many threads  you will notice the correct answer or other quality posts will receive a low number of bravoes compared to some other members who receive a large number of bravoes simply for posting hours later.

The details of reward earning are not really clear unless I'm missing something.  If there is a place where these things are laid out please direct me there. Thankyou.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Domgodess 

• not necessarily. do what you're doing now. create posts, ask questions and learn. offer ideas/suggestions that can help  improve PM
  • you don't receive a reward for asking a question, but it will be added to your contribution level

the rewards aren't given out by one single factor, instead it requires multiple variables. pm calculates your participation amount and determines what reward you will receive relative to the other community members

it's not...

@Domgodess 

• it helps to determine the correct answers that are helping the Original Posters question
  • yes, giving/receiving Bravo's is added to your contribution level 

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $15 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

Triguy_0-1600858825913.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Domgodess 

Spend some time on the forums reading questions and learning about how Public Mobile works. Then proceed to the self serve account and play around with it to learn the different things you can do in there. Like change plan, number, sim, view history buy add-ons. Where to click to buy an add-on, where to check your data, etc.

When you feel comfortable enough and see people asking questions try to answer the question for them. It's ok if more then one writes the same thing at the beginning as there are alot of people on here so you will see a question being asked and 5 responses in a few minutes from people saying the same thing. Some people are just faster at typing than others. But an hour later if you see all the answers and you can't add anything different to it then there is not a point to respond to that thread. There is a point if something was not mentioned that you could add to the thread if that makes sense. You'll get the idea after you go through a few threads.

Read the help articles and know where the links are so you can post them when answering a question. Example where can I buy a voucher? There's a help article that lists all kinds of places.  See if you can find it 😉

From your other thread regarding Bravo's. If you like someone's post shoot them a bravo to say you like it. If someone answers your question or if multiple people answer your question select an "accept answer" that helped you the most.

Bravo's / solutions go towards PM secret formula to credit rewards at the end of each month. It's not all for a reward. You have to be online and be posting as well.

You can earn up to $15 as the $20 is reserved for Oracle's that is invite only. 

Also when answering questions try to be detailed. Many just post one lines to get the solution but you should try looking at it as not only helping the person asking the question but for all future readers as well that may have a similar issue. So as much as you can add to help the OP and future readers is great.

You can read below article on the amounts you could earn from postings. Making a $1 or $2 is easily accomplished. The higher amounts you have to spend alot of time one here.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

And if you want to read about the Oracle's you can find them at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Questions don't have to be unique.  Even if a previous questions has been asked it can still be rewarded.

Domgodess

What are the purpose of Bravos? Is giving/getting them another way of getting rewards?  The details of reward earning are not really clear unless I'm missing something.  If there is a place where these things are laid out please direct me there. Thankyou.

Need Help? Let's chat.