cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Refer a Friend" --promotion.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know I have posted before regarding "Refer a Friend" promotion. The solution for my previous post was that in order to receive the bonus the new account has to be set up on a $25 or more expensive plan.  

Cut and pasting below from my account page. It seems to me that this promo would apply to  any priced plan. Just to make sure -- is my assumption correct?

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!

16 REPLIES 16

@randalp wrote:

I have recieved this promo when my friends are only using the 15 dollar plan, so i would assume it works for all plans

Yes, the current offering is applicable to any plan.  This is the regular refer-a-friend program and has long included a one-time credit for a new customer if refered. Normally, the existing customer does not get a one-tine credit.

randalp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recieved this promo when my friends are only using the 15 dollar plan, so i would assume it works for all plans

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER  Hey everybody is allowed to have feelings so I don't want to say you're being sensitive....but maybe after a long day @will13am  probably really wanted to have a cold beer rather than post to @BEER . Sometimes what seems obvious to an old hat is to a new user a legit question so you dont screw up...as we all do as newbies trying to navigate the DIY online world of public mobile. Don't let that hinder you from asking any question you need answered. I'm sure there was a lot of eye rolling and "Really!s" with my "where's my clipboard?" and "how do I copy and paste?" And despite it being explained to me at least 5 times I still don't get the permalink thing. Uh oh i think I just heard a "Really?" Its all good. Welcome to public mobile.

Trolling the troll at 5am eastern time???  Smiley Tongue

@will13am  Lol! 2am pt after getting home from seeing Liam Gallagher and The Who at Rogers Arena. I was still too excited to sleep!

I cannot think of a better way to reduce excessive excitation.  Smiley Very Happy

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER  Hey everybody is allowed to have feelings so I don't want to say you're being sensitive....but maybe after a long day @will13am  probably really wanted to have a cold beer rather than post to @BEER . Sometimes what seems obvious to an old hat is to a new user a legit question so you dont screw up...as we all do as newbies trying to navigate the DIY online world of public mobile. Don't let that hinder you from asking any question you need answered. I'm sure there was a lot of eye rolling and "Really!s" with my "where's my clipboard?" and "how do I copy and paste?" And despite it being explained to me at least 5 times I still don't get the permalink thing. Uh oh i think I just heard a "Really?" Its all good. Welcome to public mobile.

@will13am  Lol! 2am pt after getting home from seeing Liam Gallagher and The Who at Rogers Arena. I was still too excited to sleep!

@darlicious wrote:

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks for kind note.  I have yet to find a better deal offering as much as PM $15/month  plan.  That in addition can be further discounted by prepay, friend referrals and community rewards.  However the saying “give a mouse a cookie and it will also ask for milk” applies to many including myself because it seems we always want more. 

Crsue1973
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a reply to any new account over $35 and up not $25 

BEER

@will13am wrote:

I don't understand the issue here.  This looks like banter to augment post count to which I am also guilty by association/participation.   

Sory but I just want to make sure this time because I and some others were a bit hasty with the last $10/$10 promotion and didn't read the conditions thus leading to some complaints about not receiving the bonus.

ps. Not totaly sure and hope I'm just being too sensitive, but it somewhat feels that you may have something against me.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The 10.00 bonus should apply to any plan. PM wants and appreciates any new client's business, I'm sure.

@LovesToPM wrote:

I believe the original wording used to be "Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit!"

Since PM added the extra BONUS wording, I was wondering about that too. It seems to imply that your friend will get regular $10 + bonus $10.

This is the current/regular refer-a-friend offer. It was even still in place for $10 and $15 plan activatuons when $25 and higher plan activations were receivng a $20 one-time credit and the existing referring customer was getting $10 one-time+ $1 reward per 30 days.

Currently, the offer is for the new referred customer to reveive a one-time $10 credit and for the pre-existing referring customer to receive the refer-a-friend $1 reward (no one-time credit).

I think the promo wording has been changed following the end of the extra $10 bonus for both parties.

I believe the original wording used to be "Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit!"

Since PM added the extra BONUS wording, I was wondering about that too. It seems to imply that your friend will get regular $10 + bonus $10.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't understand the issue here.  This looks like banter to augment post count to which I am also guilty by association/participation.   

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER wrote:

I know I have posted before regarding "Refer a Friend" promotion. The solution for my previous post was that in order to receive the bonus the new account has to be set up on a $25 or more expensive plan.  

Cut and pasting below from my account page. It seems to me that this promo would apply to  any priced plan. Just to make sure -- is my assumption correct?

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!

The last promo was that you as the referrer would also receive $10 and the new customer would receive the $10 + $10 bonus on plans $25 or over.  Outside of that promo or even during that promo any new activation with a referral would get the referrer $1 per 30 days and the new customer would get the $10 referral credit

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zebios
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
This is an ALL PLAN promotion..We don't find anywhere where it's mentionned that the promo applies only to 25$ plan and up!!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

As far as I can tell, this is the regular on-going promotion (which applies to all plans).

You get $1 every 30 days and your friend gets one-time $10 credit.

I did not see any mention in forum announcements regarding an additional $10 bonus (which only your friend would receive).

Need Help? Let's chat.