cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member - Refer a Friend Reward Confusion

alienmario
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched over from Freedom Mobile (FM) to Public Mobile (PM) on Monday and the process went well. On Tuesday, I switched over my wife's FM account to PM and used my number as a referral. Seems like it worked because I got the following text message from PM:

Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend. If on a Rewards-eligible plan, see the Rewards tab in your Self Serve account.

Later today, I received the following text from PM:

Public Mobile here. Just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friend's account inactivity.

I was able to find this forum post from November 2016 that appears similar to my issue. I was wondering if this glitch is still present and I should just wait it out for a few days.

7 REPLIES 7

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yup, as long as the person you referred stays with PM< you'll get your discount.

alienmario

Does this mean the referal is active? Taken from my Self Serve Account:

My Rewards

AutoPay Reward ($6)

Community Reward $0

Refer-a-Friend Reward ($3)

neatooo
Great, you are on the right track!

alienmario

Data shows up as the following for her account:

My Add-Ons

Booster NameAmount Used
12GB Data
0  /  12288 MB

Like I said, I'll be looking at the APN configuration later tonight and I'll follow up if needed.

neatooo
does the data show up on her self serve? you probably have to contact the mods. Actually send them pm now, and let them prioritize.

alienmario

@neatooo wrote:
I suggest waiting a few days. Is your wife's line working? If it is not automatically resolved by next week, contact the mods.

Yes, her line is working (text and calls), but not data however I think the data issue is related to missing APN configuration. I will be looking at the data issue later tonight.

neatooo
I suggest waiting a few days. Is your wife's line working? If it is not automatically resolved by next week, contact the mods.
Need Help? Let's chat.