cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing referal code instead of phone number

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys.  

I really liked the way public mobile was handling this before, where you could just give out your phone number if a friend wanted to get referred.  this new code thing is hard.  is there a place we can actually make a comment because its really annoying. no one remembers the code.  a lot of times i tell someone go to public mobile and he will change companies when his contract is over. by that time he has forgotten the code.   thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Kim1971kim

You can log onto your account and see the referral code and there is also a link you can send to your friends that will take you right to it but yeah the phone number would be quite a bit easier but if you wanted to post it on social media that way you don’t have to put your number out there. 🙂

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Nikita  Find a good place to put your referral code.

Ask your friends to create a calendar entry (preferably around the date their phone contract expires)

Or have them add your referral code as part of your contact info on their phone.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

100% agree. 

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541 

Sure

We all know why certain members campaigned so hard for referal codes

These 2 issues run hand in hand

I'm not going to deny that referral codes are advantageous for people trying to get them. I'm sure that he most people who have at least a few referrals on the account, including myself, have used this to their advantage. I can't see Public Mobile being too concerned about people putting their code out there, as long as it might bring them more business. They just don't want people using this forum as their own personal advertising site.

@computergeek541 

Sure

We all know why certain members campaigned so hard for referal codes

These 2 issues run hand in hand

@computergeek541 wrote:

@yzhou2009  Members are not permitted to openly post referral codes.

@yzhou2009  Members are not permitted to openly post referral codes.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am sure that some people like using phone number, some people like the referral code and some people like both.  PM changed the referral system to referral code.  For now, we need to use the referral code until PM changes the referral system again.

This is an example of the golden rule: Those who have the gold and make the rule.

krzcnck

i added the code for me and my husband into my note app on my phone,so i can have it handy for a referal

@Nikita wrote:

Hey guys.  

I really liked the way public mobile was handling this before, where you could just give out your phone number if a friend wanted to get referred.  this new code thing is hard.  is there a place we can actually make a comment because its really annoying. no one remembers the code.  a lot of times i tell someone go to public mobile and he will change companies when his contract is over. by that time he has forgotten the code.   thanks

These concerns have been mentioned to Public Mobile. The code system is what was decided on so that people don't need to give out a phone number to refer someone.

My wish would have been for Public Mobile to continue to allow phone numbers to be used but also use the referral codes. This way, someone who already knows your phone number can use it and the system would still accept it.  As it is now, only referral codes are allowed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikita, text the referral code to yourself and you always have it with you. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, the codes brought with it plusses and minuses. The plus of course is your not handing a new user your phone number which they can call if they have an issue.

Most of my referrals are free to contact me, but this might not be the case for everyone.

Need Help? Let's chat.