cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Loyalty (1 Year) Reward didn’t Appear on My Anniversary Date

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I was somewhat surprised that my first $1 Loyalty Reward didn't appear in my Rewards Account on December 2, the (confirmed) 1 year anniversary day of my switch to PM. I figured this reward would be handled automatically with little chance of anything going wrong. Today, three days later it still hasn't appeared. I checked the "Rewards Bar" as well and it is still indicating $0.

Since the Loyalty Reward happens at "1 Year" while billing happens every 30 days I do know that the 13th "month" will be paid for at day 361 and then the 1 year Loyalty Reward should show up a few days later after day 365 and the $ will then be available to help with my payment for the 14th "month".

Does anyone have detailed experience with this? I am not one to jump on the moderators instantly as these things usually sort themselves out. I have over three weeks for it to show up before my next payment so I will give it some more time. Just curious about other experiences with this. So.... please, no "Contact the Moderators" suggestions at this point in time.

AE_Collector

26 REPLIES 26

@AE_Collector  I did contact the moderators once, when the $1 loyalty reward didn't appear in the account after the one year anniversary and they were very good about applying it manually at that time. 

After that the loyalty reward was always credited to the account without further interaction with the moderators, but as I mentioned earlier the Loyalty Rewards line (and RAF) has been missing in this account from the start.  But I never asked moderators about the missing rewards line and it now appears on the overview page too, but RAF line is still missing which I'm not concerned about anyways :cathappy:

I agree now we will have to wait and see if there is any further issues with this reward on the next anniversary, but I suspect it might be fixed for good though.

So the “Dec 2018” Loyalty Reward Glitch May have finally been retroactively fixed by PM for all customers? Or had you @dabr finally contacted the moderators to have yours fixed which just recently happened?

It will be interesting to see if everyone receives their next level in December 2020 to be used at their next renewal or if it will be messed up again. I feel as though mine is properly fixed, if we are still here in a December I will report back around my December 2 anniversary date. 

AE_Collector

Yes recapping, my Dec 2018 new account did not receive the 1 year loyalty reward until I contacted the moderators a week after I passed the 1 year mark and it still wasn’t showing in my reward lines (remained at $0). Once “fixed” everything including the Rewards Total Bar showed correctly. But, I never passed any renewal dates before the correction was made. I too wonder what will happen on Dec 2 of this year when I roll over to 2 years.

Meanwhile my wife’s account started Mar 2, 2019 had her first $1 loyalty reward show on her reward lines immediately after her renewal a few days PRIOR to Mar 2, 2020. Like clock work...

AE_Collector

@CalgaryBen  Yes it looks like PM fixed the glitch on the Dec/2018 accounts as the Loyalty Reward line also appears on the overview page for my affected account after renewing in early March.  The loyalty rewards are also showing the in the total rewards summary albeit incorrectly (total $1 to date and not $3), but at least it's there now.

However, the RAF line is still missing but it's not really important as this account probably won't be used for referrals anyway.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As a recap - I have one account which did not get the $1 loyalty reward after it passed the anniversary date, sometime in December 2019.  Based on a few users, it's believed many December 2018 sign-ups might've been affected by some backend glitch.

Update - in Feb 2020 I contacted mods, and got 2 manual adjustments to get the missing $1 loyalty rewards.  In my account, it was still showing $0 for the Loyalty Reward up to the most recent date of renewal (Mar 21). I thought I'd likely have to poke the Mods again to fix it for the new cycle. However, after the midnight renewal process went through, I not only automatically got the $1 loyalty applied to my account, the $1 Loyalty Reward is now showing up on the Overview page! Unfortunately I don't believe we can see the anniversary date anywhere, so I'm wondering if it'll get bumped to $2 in Dec 2020 as it should, or in Mar 2021.  Oh well, I'm not going to worry over $2... as a purist I just like things to work properly and be an accurate reflection of truth.

As an aside/observation, I see both the rewards SMS and renewal SMS are both from 611 now (not only on this account, but all my accounts).  The rewards used to come from 100.  Unifying everything makes sense... 

@CalgaryBen  wrote:

Weird that it doesn't show up under the Loyalty Reward for you.  On my accounts, it shows up as below, and @AE_Collector noted in his post that it showed up once Moderators fixed it on his account.  I would definitely want to see a non-zero value going forward so you can calculate/anticipate amounts on each cycle.

My Rewards
Loyalty Reward ($2)
AutoPay Reward ($2)
Community Reward $0
Refer-a-Friend Reward ($6)

@CalgaryBen  All those line are what I see on the two other accounts I'm managing (including one that is currently suspended), but for whatever reason on the account mentioned here, only the Autopay and Community Rewards lines appear and that has always been the case for this account since activation in Dec/2018. 

Although, what I find strange, is when I click on My Rewards to see the accumulative rewards earned, it still only show a total for the Autopay Rewards (only autopay and loyalty applicable to this account) earned to date, and even though the Loyalty reward shows in Payment History and is correcetly applied, it does not get tallied for total rewards earned to date.   Maybe @AE_Collector  made a mention of the missing lines when he requested assistance from the moderators for his missing rewards.  However, I'm not too bothered about the missing lines as long as all the appropriate rewards are applied to renewal correctly. 

@CalgaryBen  wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I would tend to agree that there seems to have been an issue with new accounts opened in Dec/2018.

Yep, there does seem to be this correlation!

@CalgaryBen  At the risk of offending/irking @srlawren, who would probably say "correlation does not prove causation" (or words to that effect):), I would tend to agree with you on that point.

However, since moderators are generally very good about fixing any issues either promptly or in short order, I won't complain too much about the inconsistencies experienced at PM, and overall, I'm quite happy  knowing how much less I'm paying here compared to previous carriers:)

PS:  I have no idea why the font size suddenly keeps changing in this post...oh well!

CalgaryBen

@dabr wrote:

While the loyalty rewards since then gets applied without further assistance and shows correctly  under the payment history,  it actually never shows on the overview page.  The strange thing is under My Rewards, there are only two lines which show Autopay Reward and Community Reward.  In fact, I've never seen more than the two lines under rewards for this account.

Weird that it doesn't show up under the Loyalty Reward for you.  On my accounts, it shows up as below, and @AE_Collector noted in his post that it showed up once Moderators fixed it on his account.  I would definitely want to see a non-zero value going forward so you can calculate/anticipate amounts on each cycle.

My Rewards
Loyalty Reward ($2)
AutoPay Reward ($2)
Community Reward $0
Refer-a-Friend Reward ($6)

For me, I have 3-4 "reward" lines showing up on 4 accounts I have access to (regardless of whether they're $0 or not).  The "Refer-a-Friend Reward" line appears in 3 of my accounts, and only has a value on 1 account (and for the other 2 accounts is $0).  "Community Reward" line shows up for all 4 accounts, even though some don't even have a community login nor have participated in forums.  Point being that it's definitely very inconsistent from user to user!

@dabr wrote:

I would tend to agree that there seems to have been an issue with new accounts opened in Dec/2018.

Yep, there does seem to be this correlation!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Just as it should happen...Amazing!

I might have thought it would arrive there in 5 or 6 more days right at 1 year (365 days) but this makes it look as though it is all an automated process arriving on Auto-Pilot along with the rest of the regular monthly rewards right after renewal.

I would love to see the code/script/logic that drives PM's backend.  As a QA/Test engineer, it drives me crazy how "oddly" the system behaves, and how certain things are implemented (or not implemented, as the case may be).  But once it works, it generally seems to just keep working -- I imagine YOUR account should just switch to the $2 loyalty reward next December, and so on, now... but who knows with PM!

@AE_Collector wrote:

But.... I am a December 2018 New Customer (many/most of whom were messed up).

You would think that if PM could fix your issue, it means they knew what was wrong, and how it was caused... and therefore fix it for all customers affected!  I guess the way most of us would do things is not how they do things on the PM backend...

So as I mentioned just above, my wife's account hits 1 year on March 2. Renewal at 360 days just happened overnight and I am surprised to see that $1 Loyalty has automatically landed in her rewards area to move up with the rest of her rewards at next renewal in 30 days! Just as it should happen...Amazing!

I might have thought it would arrive there in 5 or 6 more days right at 1 year (365 days) but this makes it look as though it is all an automated process arriving on Auto-Pilot along with the rest of the regular monthly rewards right after renewal. Good to see and of course very different from the way MY 1 Year Loyalty Reward arrived. But.... I am a December 2018 New Customer (many/most of whom were messed up).

AE_Collector

@CalgaryBen wrote:

Figured I'd add another data-point to this thread rather than starting a new one.

I have 3 PM accounts directly under my control.

• 2 are into the first and second years, and enjoying $1 and $2 loyalty reward per 30 days, respecitively.  Reward appeared under "My Rewards" seamlessly and effortlessly on time.
  • A third account (opened Dec 27, 2018) still shows $0 for loyalty, and no credit was automatically applied for 01/21/2020 or 02/20/2020 renewals.  I've opened a ticket with mods and someone manually applied 2x $1 rewards, but as of this writing it still shows $0 for loyalty under "My Rewards".  I'm anticipating that this will get fixed in days/weeks to come (in time for the 03/21 renewal), but just thought I'd mention for others experiencing the same -- while mostly automated, it seems "the script" can/often breaks.

I really wish the anniversary date was visible from the self-serve portal (call me blind, if it is!).  I'd expect to see it in the "Overview" page, and if not, then maybe in "My Profile".  Instead, I've determined my sign-up date by searching my emails for a message with subject "Your Public Mobile Activation Details".

@CalgaryBen  I have also noticed the same thing with one account opened in Dec/2018, and yes the moderators had to manually apply the missing one year loyalty reward.  While the loyalty rewards since then gets applied without further assistance and shows correctly  under the payment history,  it actually never shows on the overview page.  The strange thing is under My Rewards, there are only two lines which show Autopay Reward and Community Reward.  In fact, I've never seen more than the two lines under rewards for this account. 

Customers hitting one year this past December seemed to have many failures of the 1 year loyalty rewards appearance. Maybe it was everyone, not just some. They quickly and cheerfully fixed mine but that doesn't mean the glitch is fixed and I won't be surprised if I don't increment to $2 this coming December. Next up is my wife's 1 year anniversary with PM on March 2.

AE_Collector

CalgaryBen

Figured I'd add another data-point to this thread rather than starting a new one.

I have 3 PM accounts directly under my control.

• 2 are into the first and second years, and enjoying $1 and $2 loyalty reward per 30 days, respecitively.  Reward appeared under "My Rewards" seamlessly and effortlessly on time.
  • A third account (opened Dec 27, 2018) still shows $0 for loyalty, and no credit was automatically applied for 01/21/2020 or 02/20/2020 renewals.  I've opened a ticket with mods and someone manually applied 2x $1 rewards, but as of this writing it still shows $0 for loyalty under "My Rewards".  I'm anticipating that this will get fixed in days/weeks to come (in time for the 03/21 renewal), but just thought I'd mention for others experiencing the same -- while mostly automated, it seems "the script" can/often breaks.

I really wish the anniversary date was visible from the self-serve portal (call me blind, if it is!).  I'd expect to see it in the "Overview" page, and if not, then maybe in "My Profile".  Instead, I've determined my sign-up date by searching my emails for a message with subject "Your Public Mobile Activation Details".

I had a voice message from a person at PM saying that the failure of Loyalty Credits to arrive in accounts on time was a known issue and at least mine has been fixed. Wish I had answered that call, would love to have had the opportunity to chat a bit!

AE_Collector

Look what materialized in my Rewards this morning! My 1 year Loyalty Reward incremented from $0 to $1. I was expecting it one week ago on Dec 2 but it is here now with 2 1/2 weeks to go before my next renewal. Something has glitched with my start date "defaulting"(?) to Jan 1 rather than Dec 2.

Now to get the Community Reward box populated, it seems to get later and later each month.

AE_Collector

09FF3543-D38B-4DB9-B1C6-85E3E40A5078.jpeg

I have contacted a moderator about the lack of a loyalty credit showing up in my account on my anniversary a few days ago. The initial response was that my anniversary date is Jan 1 so it will show up next month. I knew that my anniversary date was Dec 2 so the moderator dug a bit deeper and found evidence of that. So she has opened a ticket to see why the date that will be used for the loyalty credit is Jan 1 and to get it corrected.

AE_Collector

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Happy Anniversary. Looks like everybody is getting a treat on your anniversary😉

@lorilori 

You didn't notice when it showed up in your rewards? The only thing that "is off" in my mind is that it didn't show up virtually on my anniversary date. Yes, everyone rebels at day 360 and the loyalty reward happens at day 365 so everyone then waits 25 days to see their $1 reduce their next bill. I have a hard time believing that they have to manually apply this reward so if IT IS automated, why didn't it appear on the anniversary date?

I just started a moderator enquiry. 

AE_Collector

lorilori
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that's how it works. I started with PM late November last year, didn't get anything off for November, but there is a 1 dollar loyalty reward in my account now, which will be applied for december. 

Yes everyone would be handled exactly the same here since 30 day and/or 90 day plans bring everyone to a renewal and payment at 360 days yet the anniversary reward doesn't arrive until day 365.  Thus even if the reward lands in your rewards area (just like referal credits and community rewards) you wait for the next renewal which is always going to still be 25 days away unless you are on a 90 day plan when it will be 85 days away. 

I figured the $1 credit would land in my rewards area on about day 365 (December 2) but it is still AWOL.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Another data point:

IIRC, I got the loyalty reward on my overview page on my first anniversary date or shortly after.  I received the first loyalty payment on my next renewal after my anniversary date.

@Anonymous wrote:

Iirc I had my first year later this past Spring. The $1 showed up in the rewards area in my 12th month. I had a renewal. It didn't deduct. It did for the next renewal after that.

That's interesting if it appeared at least 5 days before your actual 1 year anniversary date but didn't apply to your renewal at day 360. Sounds sort of like it was manually applied when someone got to it ahead of time but coded to not be usable for payment until after day 365.

I am past my day 360 renewal and past my day 365 1 year anniversary now. Maybe they are done manually and in the case of 1 year anniversary there is always 25 days to get it done before the real complaints begin (next renewal).

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iirc I had my first year later this past Spring. The $1 showed up in the rewards area in my 12th month. I had a renewal. It didn't deduct. It did for the next renewal after that.

mfizz55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It gets added only after the renewal. It doesn't save you any money until the next time.

@mimmo 

Not a day in suspension or limbo of any sort. And yes as indicated in my initial post I fully understand the 360 versus 365 day aspect of this. On day 366 it should have appeared in my rewards area if it's application is automated and yes, one then has to wait a further 25 days for the next renewal payment (30 day term #14) to actually make use of the $1.

AE_Collector 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector I can't recall my exact experience, but if you spent any time in suspended mode that might affect the dates.

But in general iirc you get the reward on your 13 month, and the reward is applied to the 14th month.

Doing some research before posting about this I note that this trips up many people, even bringing out some howling with indignity at PM for applying Loyalty credits on day 365 a few days after a payment was due at day 360 then having to wait until the next renewal to be able to use them! The inhumanity!! 

AE_Collector

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There's 30 days in a cycle and 365 days in a year.  I think you might need to wait 13 cycles for one year.  

Need Help? Let's chat.