cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing rewards

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone else not get their rewards this month?

I had mine showing in my account and topped up the difference a few weeks ago but was charged the amount of my rewards via autopay.

I've been with public mobile for several months now and have been paranoid about autopay so I pay my bill ahead of time and this is the first time this has happened to me.

I have contacted the mods to look into this. 

19 REPLIES 19

VMT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Almost wholly inaccurate in my case -- 9 lost from 24 referrals in the past month and I'm 98% confident that I didn't get more than perhaps a single referral by a 'churn' of account lapses as suggested here. As there is little to no transparency on this issue it's impossible to argue however. Win Win for PM I guess if I still try to refer people to make up for the lost discount. It is more likely that they all left and it hasn't been counted until now but even that rate of subscriber churn for a very cheap amazing service is next to impossible to believe.

@Yash9974 

Holy cow! Have you referred 105 people and have never needed a community account until now? Thats an impressive feat on your part.....you must be quite the salesperson.

@Yash9974 

Many refer-a-friends rewards were the result of Public Mobile error. When the  service of friends were suspended for non-payment and then reactivated, the system would errorneously add extra credits each time. This has since been corrected.

Yash9974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had more than 105 referrals on my account and all of a sudden it is just showing me 30 referrals. I dont thing this many people left together. Can my issue be resolbed please?

@Chichi85 wrote:

Following 

@Chichi85 

There is no need to post to follow a thread.

You can go to the top of thread, click on 'Topic options', then select 'Subscribe' to follow.

Tav

@Chichi85 wrote:

Following 

This has already been resolved. Are you experiencing the same issue?

Chichi85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Following 

Tav

@darlicious wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

Here's the update: new issue affected renewals on October 23 and 24 2019.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-Progress-Select-customers-missin...

There is no need to contact Public Mobile.

PM is already aware. The rewards you earned are forthcoming.

Is public mobile still aware?  My neighbour wanted me to walk him thru a payment again despite not having to pay til december. So we went thru his account and at the end of wanted to show him where to find the "real" amount owing and went to rewards...and there's the error message as  pictured above. Should i be worried his rewards wont apply or is pm still monitoring accounts for this issue?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Select-customers-missing-Rewar...

@LovesToPM wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-Progress-Select-customers-missin...

Is public mobile still aware?  My neighbour wanted me to walk him thru a payment again despite not having to pay til december. So we went thru his account and at the end of wanted to show him where to find the "real" amount owing and went to rewards...and there's the error message as  pictured above. Should i be worried his rewards wont apply or is pm still monitoring accounts for this issue?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I have a couple of accounts that show the same screen.  Funny thing is the rewards are correct and do apply.  I just cannot see my reward totals.  Renewal of those two accounts were not done recently.  I suspect the ongoing issue is a different bug but could have ties to the rewards reporting bug. 

I have an account which showed correct rewards screen a few days prior to renewal, but after renewal (Oct 22) and lack of auto-pay reward, that error message started appearing.

I have another account due to renew tonight (Oct 24), and everything looking good/okay right now... will see if it breaks after tonight!  On top of auto-pay, this account has loyalty and referral rewards, so it'll be interesting to see what happens...

@CalgaryBen wrote:

I'm guessing everyone experiencing this will see an error banner in their self-serve account, suggesting that something in the system/account is broken!

Rewards ErrorRewards Error

Definitely worth reporting so that it can be fixed, but hopefully PM catches on that it's not isolated and isn't just providing one-off credits, but identifying root cause.

I have a couple of accounts that show the same screen.  Funny thing is the rewards are correct and do apply.  I just cannot see my reward totals.  Renewal of those two accounts were not done recently.  I suspect the ongoing issue is a different bug but could have ties to the rewards reporting bug. 

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CalgaryBen wrote:

I'm guessing everyone experiencing this will see an error banner in their self-serve account, suggesting that something in the system/account is broken!

Definitely worth reporting so that it can be fixed, but hopefully PM catches on that it's not isolated and isn't just providing one-off credits, but identifying root cause.

I believe this is not an isolated incident, I also get the same error when checking the Rewards Screen and my Rewards were also not applied. 

mh1983

I and my wife are seeing our rewards. Sorry to hear people are having trouble and hope it all gets sorted soon.

CalgaryBen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is definitely an across the board issue.  Likely those affected who haven't said anything have quietly contacted the moderators or are unaware of what's happened so far.

Tav

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I just checked my son's account that renewed a couple of nights ago and his did not get applied either. 

I may have misspoke when I said isolated. @Tav 

Another customer has the same issue as well. Oddly enough with the exact same dollar amount.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I just checked my son's account that renewed a couple of nights ago and his did not get applied either. 

I may have misspoke when I said isolated. @Tav 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Tav There have been a few reports of this recently but none of them were as tight as yours so there did not seem to be any reason for alarm. Yours sounds like a proven failure of the system.

I'm guessing it is an isolated incident as the others were. A mod will likely be able to help you and perhaps shed some light on why it happened to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.