cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone missing on keyboard

marilores
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to use microphone on keyboard for texting, instead of typing, but I cant find mic when I turn on my keyboard.

12 REPLIES 12

johnsonberry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone and I use voice instead of typing, so I m trying to enable the mic in this phone, but mic not showing when using the keyboard.

I contacted MS Surface Support for this issue but They did not resolve my problem.

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go into settings,go into apps,go into location and security,make sure Google text or Google speak box is checked off and activated.

marilores

Thank you

@marilores

On a Polaroid A600 running Android 6.0 ...

From the Home screen, click Apps > Settings > Personal (Language & Input) > Google Voice Typing > Automatic (should have a green check mark)

Restart the device

You should then see the microphone key at the bottom of the keyboard, between the smiley key and the spacebar.  The microphone key may be a touchscreen button instead of a keyboard button.

marilores

Thanks, I'll look for gboard app

marilores

I did,  google but their instruction not working

marilores

I just bought this phone, Polaroid A600.  I had  an iphone bfore and I use voice instead of typing,so I m trying to enable the mic in this phone,but mic not shoiwing when using keyboard

Thank you

marilores

Polariod A600.The mic is there but not on keypad.Yes, how can I enable voice input so the device "types" the words I speak ? I followed system instruction but still not showing as I use text

Thanks for reply

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suggest that you install gboard app if you are using an android phone.  The microphone is listedl on the top right corner.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Is this the correct forum for your microphone missing on keyboard? Have you just Googled it in the search engine to answer this question?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@marilores

Cellphone mic hardware is typically located near the bottom of the front panel, so that it's close to your mouth when you hold and speak into the device during calls.  Exact placement varies from model to model and most manufacturers attempt to hide "ugly" things like mic or speaker or plugs and ports, they want slick-looking "elegant" devices with unmarred glasstops ... so sometimes the mic isn't obvious (or isn't where you expect it would be).

But I suspect your question isn't about hardware, it's about software.  How to enable voice input so the device "types" the words you speak?  The answer depends on what brand/model phone you have, what operating system it runs, and whatever voice recognition app/software you may be trying to run on it (if any).  What kind of phone is it?

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

which phone are you using? did you try to turn off and turn on again? or restore a phone if the microphone works on keyboard before?

Need Help? Let's chat.