cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Referral

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, is there a maximum number for the refer a friend reward or you can refer as many as you can and earn the 1$ per month reward each referrals?

36 REPLIES 36

@helenhelen 

Once your account goes thru renewal any rewards you have are applied to your amount owing. Anything extra left over will be applied to your balance as a credit. Once they are a credit they are as good as "cash" within your account for you to use. Officially rewards cannot exceed your plan but this policy is not enforced but can be changed at any time.

You cannot transfer your credit to other accounts officially but there may be exceptions made on a case by case basis ( usually in a charitable manner). You could switch your community email to match another's and that would direct any community reward to the account holder with the matching email.

@helenhelen yes, at the moment this is correct. the referral credits should turn into available funds if it exceeds your plan amount every renewal.

unfortunately this is not possible as public does not allow to share credits/rewards

helenhelen

so any referrals beyond the price of our plan stays in our account as a "credit," is that correct? I currently have a cheap plan but may switch to a more expensive one in the near future so I want to be able to apply these extra referrals later.

Also, if we did wish to share our credits with other accounts, how do we re-direct our rewards to them?

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great

Rewards and credit bring my phone bill down to a small amount compared to what I was paying in the past. 

Feels like free phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Werden203 wrote:

Hi! I don't understand what you mean about putting them in different accounts. Like get more than one number once I reach my plan cost from referrals, and therefore my maximum?

Many people "manage" several accounts for immediate family, extended family, friends etc. The official wording on rewards is that it only goes as high as your plan cost. If you're really successful with rewards or do lots of work here then you can "give" (ie. use the codes of those other accounts) those referrals to your other accounts or re-direct your community reward to them.

Or that once you hit 110 referrals, start using the codes of the other accounts.

But it doesn't seem right for them to cut off your reward earnings. And they currently don't. But it's not official and could apparently change at any time without notice. Or they change that wording.

Werden203
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The cost of your monthly plan is your maximum. That's it though! Cool.

Werden203
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I don't understand what you mean about putting them in different accounts. Like get more than one number once I reach my plan cost from referrals, and therefore my maximum?

@helenhelen....

@mimmo wrote:

Officially max rewards earned = plan cost.

If you have $20 in rewards and a $15 plan you will only earn $15 .

But there is a known bug that lets you earn the difference as available funds.  This bug can be fixed at anytime.  Like they did with the ghost referals.  So best to spread your referals out wisely.

...Mom's the word !!

helenhelen

if you go over the cost of your plan, do the referrals stay on your account in case someone leaves (then you have an extra one to fill their place) or you just don't get credited any of the new ones? I am $3 away from having a $0 account...

@Anonymous wrote:

@JeffW wrote:

thanks alot, I fixed my post

Welcome to PM. Love the enthusiasm.

And still...officially...rewards are only to cover ones plan cost. But this isn't in practice. And I don't see how that's reasonable.

Like with this community. Mortals can get a max $15. Say you're on the old $10 plan. Are you gonna tell me that I do all that work and "earn" $15 but you'll only use $10 of it and throw out the rest. I don't think so.

Or with referrals. I bring in a whole bunch of new customers giving the company more revenue but you'll only give me $10 again. I don't think so.

Then combine the two (or the others). Do all of that and only get the amount of your plan. I don't think so.

So they really should change the wording of the ToS to reflect reality.

Agreed!  😊

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@buang99 

@buang99 wrote:

Hello, is there a maximum number for the refer a friend reward or you can refer as many as you can and earn the 1$ per month reward each referrals?

Enjoy the referrals, Public Mobile sure is a great service provider with lots of appreciation for its loyal costumers

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

As per @computergeek541 you will not get credit for more than 110 refer a friend rewards per 30 day cycle account. Stay safe. 

It will be very very long time before I get 110.

PM needs to have $110  or higher plan for the 30 days cycle. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JeffW wrote:

Welcome to PM. Love the enthusiasm.

And still...officially...rewards are only to cover ones plan cost. But this isn't in practice. And I don't see how that's reasonable.

Like with this community. Mortals can get a max $15. Say you're on the old $10 plan. Are you gonna tell me that I do all that work and "earn" $15 but you'll only use $10 of it and throw out the rest. I don't think so.

Or with referrals. I bring in a whole bunch of new customers giving the company more revenue but you'll only give me $10 again. I don't think so.

Then combine the two (or the others). Do all of that and only get the amount of your plan. I don't think so.

So they really should change the wording of the ToS to reflect reality.

JeffW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As per @computergeek541 you will not get credit for more than 110 refer a friend rewards per 30 day cycle account. Stay safe. 

JeffW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Using this plan, as example, but seems to work on all current plans:

Public Mobile Unlimited Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 500MB + 500MB Bonus for $25 per month

Discounts:

• $2 off per month with auto-pay. Almost no effort “Easy”
  • $1 off per month, per referral (110 limit, but at that point your far past having $0/month).
  • $1 off per month, per year of service (up to -$5 max after 5 years)
  • $1 (to $20!) off per month from Oracle help forum bonus, 

Giving 1 helpful answer every week, or so, per month you can normally save $1 (or $2) per month like this, posting answers or by adding info to a post

2nd month bill can be $3 ($22 on example plan), or more, off per month with just auto-pay and either 1 referral or community bonus. All the way to $0/month for service

A total of $0 per month, on any qualifying account, IS POSSIBLE

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

You can try to get 40 referrrals and see.  😄   

there should be no limit to this.

@LurganIeUk 

Not erased every month.....@darlicious is accruing and accruing......

With rewards for loyalty, community, and referrals  if I hopefully get to having surplus, I would consider upgrading my plan or add ons. It would be nice to see them accrue with some kind of expiry after a period of time vs seeing them erased every month.  

@gpixel wrote:

shhhh...

@gpixel They already know. I promise.

@gblackma 

It doesn't really matter if the rewards are Community, autopay, loyalty, or refer-a-friend.  Customers are not supposed to get more than the plan fee (but do).

Only the comunity reward is a true reward. The others are credits. 

shhhh...

popping

But it does not hurt to have couple of extra refer-a-friend rewards just in case some of your referee leave PM or go for couple of months holiday outside North America.

mimmo

Officially max rewards earned = plan cost.

If you have $20 in rewards and a $15 plan you will only earn $15 .

But there is a known bug that lets you earn the difference as available funds.  This bug can be fixed at anytime.  Like they did with the ghost referals.  So best to spread your referals out wisely.

buang99

@computergeek541 rewards are converted into credits however. Which means, any extra credits can be used later.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1

Maximum rewards currently are not limited to your plan cost.

"The max rewards that can be applied to your account are whatever your plan costs are."

Is this not a correct statement ?

@hairbag1 The help pages in this matter are inaccurate.  We should remember that any extra rewards higher than the plan fee could stop at any time.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1

"The max rewards that can be applied to your account are whatever your plan costs are."

Is this not a correct statement ?

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 what happened to number 111? 

@gblackma You won't get any credit for the additional referrals.

@computergeek541 what happened to number 111? 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@buang99 wrote:

Go crazy, dude...get as many as you want. The max rewards that can be applied to your account are whatever your plan costs are.

@hairbag1

Need Help? Let's chat.