cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Refer-a-friend Reward

sixthlawson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have two accounts with PM. I'll refer to them as "A" and "B" for simplicity. Account "A" has a refer-a-friend reward on it. I want to port out the number on account "A" while keeping account "B". Is there any way I can hang on to the refer-a-friend reward? It seems when I port out my number account "A" will close, and the refer-a-friend reward will vansih. Both accounts are mine but I must port the number associated with Account "A". If forced to choose between which number to port or forfeit the reward, I would forfeit the reward. In the end I will only have one account with PM and hopefully I will have found a way to maintain the refer-a-friend reward on it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8

sixthlawson

Yes, the referral is from an unrelated account.

And as an update, I have completed the account swap from A to C, then I ported the number from C out from PM (thereby closing C).

In 30 days time, I will finish by moving B to A (and hence close B). I am on track to salvaging the referral on A.

Thanks everyone, and a shout out to @Shazia_K for making it all happen seemlessly and expeditiously!

@pgallaway I think the referral is being applied to account A from some completely different accout unrelated to A, B & C. If that one is B, you are correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sixthlawson

Thanks Everyone,

Yes, I wish to keep both phone numbers. #A will move to my employer paid corporate phone plan which is not with PM, while #B will move to account A with the refer-a-friend reward. So I will do as you suggest, I will open account C, move the # on A to C while requesting a new number for A, then port out the # from C, thereby closing it, then transfer B to A (30 days later).

I'm weighing the cost, since it's a 10 to 15 month payout depending on whether it costs me $20 or $30 to open account C.

I assume that should my friend (upon whom the reward depends) leave PM, the refer-a-friend reward also ends, so I might touch-base with them first to see if they are currently making any moves.

Thanks everyone,

Mike

pgallaway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Isn't the referral only good as long as the referral remains a PM customer? So regardless of how you stack the cards, when the second line leaves, the referral reward is lost. From the post on refer a friend in this subforum by @Lachlan_M

Picture1.png

What is the Refer-a-Friend Reward?

If you are on an eligible plan you can get rewarded when the friends you refer become Public Mobile customers, and you will continue to earn rewards for as long as they stay with us.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Why do you want plan B?

If it's just to keep the phone number follow mimmo's suggestion and create a third PM account. Then you move #on A to C requesting a new numer for A. Then port-out C which closes it. Then transfer B to A allowing B to close. Now account A with the referral has the phone number from B. And it will cost you at least $20 to open account C.

Best write it out on paper to be sure you get the sequencing correct.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

it will cost you $30 but it is tecnically and i think 1 additional month of service.   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-port-out-my-number-and-still-kee...

also you might have to wait 30 days to port from b->a (as only one number change per 30 days is allowed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sixthlawson, it is possible to save the account.  To do so, the process is kind of like a slide puzzle.  You need to create a new account and have numbers moved around between accounts.  You would also need to have the moderator team involved in moving the "puzzle pieces".  If you are interested, I would suggest contacting the moderator team to confirm that they will play ball and then you can proceed with creating a new account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are right. As soon as you port out a number your account will be closed and all credits and rewards will be lost. So unfortunately your plan won't work.

Need Help? Let's chat.