Did you mean: 

Loyalty Pays

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Loyalty Reward

How does it work?

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.

Loyalty Reward Amount Earned

30-day plan

90-day plan

After 1 year

$1/30 days

$3/90 days

After 2 years

$2/30 days

$6/90 days

After 3 years

$3/30 days

$9/90 days

After 4 years

$4/30 days

$12/90 days

After 5 years and onwards

$5/30 days

$15/90 days

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

109 REPLIES 109

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@jaswest2754

Saskatchewan has competition from a 4th provider Sasktel.

In Ontario we only have Bell Rogers and Telus.

jaswest2754
Ya I know in ontario we get gouged hard my brother got 15GB 85 buck a month plan in Saskatchewan and even got a discounted phone in the deal. How does that make sense when Saskatchewan is spread out in terms of population if anything Ontario should be cheaper.

@ftasouls I dont think Fido or any other company can actually give any better offer then the latest promotion, a lot of people with grandfathered plans moved for a reason,well at least not in Ontario

ftasouls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I'm customer since three years I got nothing any reward ... I'm thinking to change my service going back to join Fido at least they give me more data in the same amount and good service

@sonimurtaza wrote:

I have a $25 Canada-wide Talk + Text plan since, March 2012. How do I receive my loyalty rewards?

@sonimurtaza legacy plans are not reward eligible

sonimurtaza

I have a $25 Canada-wide Talk + Text plan since, March 2012. How do I receive my loyalty rewards?

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I think it is very generous of PM to allow users on grandfathered plans to accumulate tenure. Very welcome surprise to see that my mother's PM account (which I pay for) automatically qualified for a $2/month discount when I switched her to the current 90-day 12GB promotional plan. She was previously on a $19 province-wide talk plan so, combined with the autopay discount, for $17/month extra, she gains text and a monthly average of 4GB of LTE data. Not a bad deal at all!

nhanken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
On your second year with one of the new plans, you will save $2/month instead of $1/month on your first year

nhanken
Loyalty Rewards is $1/month starting on your second bill cycle (you have to pay the full price on your first bill). I think Public Mobile only considers you the Loyalty Rewards the moment when you switch to their new plans. I was with Public Mobile for over a year before Telus bought them out and introduced the new plans. I'm with Public Mobile for over 2 years now but my Loyalty Rewards is only $1/month because I gave up my old grandfathered plan ($25/month voice & text only plan) for one of the new 90 day plans less than a year ago.

Alexo

@78Lauragreen wrote:
I have been with public movie since before the switch over and just changed my plan to an eligible 90 day plan, since my account was activated before the date do I now receive the rewards or do I receive them after the first year on the plan?

Also interested to know!

78Lauragreen
I have been with public movie since before the switch over and just changed my plan to an eligible 90 day plan, since my account was activated before the date do I now receive the rewards or do I receive them after the first year on the plan?

@TechMobile wrote:

Any tips or guides to get referalls? 

Laugh every time a Wind fanboy has no service and you do (alternatively laugh at how much faster your data is)

Public's biggest downfall is noone knows about them (even before Telus bought them)

Most people who try them will stay 

TechMobile

Any tips or guides to get referalls? 

Kawsarmirdha
I hope stay for five more years so that get the $15 discount.

Thank you, @imm1304.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @PublicEcho,

The discount takes place before taxes.  Your amount owed is calculated after subtracting the discounts, and then tax is calculated on that final amount.

Also, please pay attention to @7789849803's post above.  Thanks. 

@PublicEcho This question of yours was already responded to in the other thread by a senior community member, and you acknowledged this response as well. By double-posting this question to another thread, you are:

(1) Violating community norms by spamming.

(2) Being disrespectful to community members who are already assisting you on the other thread and have already given you a valid response, which you have chosen to ignore instead.

Please be sure to refrain from engaging in such behaviour again.

PublicEcho

Does the discount take place before or after tax?

Old PM may have led us to the present, But New PM is our Undiscovered Country as well as the Future

tetrion27
The old pm is not really the same as the new pm. The lack of unlimited data sucks, but the rest is great. We earn rewards for just about anything

PublicEcho

Is the Loyalty Pays reward just adds up by $3 or does it add up?

For example on Year 2 would I be saving $9 since you are adding another $6 + $3?

Patty
Been with public mobile for 2 yrs and will stay forever. They are the best value for cell phone service anywhere!

Patty
I have been with public mobile for 2 yrs now and will never switch to another server.. They are the best!

Absolutely. That's Power, $$$$$$$$ saved for something sweet

Angelic_Fille90

Get to save more money for sticking with Public Mobile over the years?! Cat Very Happy

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Caroline_B
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chanie, @Martin a raison et aussi les personnes qui ont changés de forfait depuis le 27 janvier 2015 y ont droit.

Vérifiez nos nouveaux forfaits via notre site web pour voir combien cela vous coûterait par mois, et si cela est bon pour vous, contactez le Centre d'appels au *611

Martin
Legend
Legend
Bonjour,

Seules les personnes qui sont devenus des clients après le 27 janvier 2015 résident droit à des récompenses.

chanie
On as pas le droit ça l'air... Ça devrait être le contraire

chanie
Ils me disent que je ne peux pas changer de forfait et ça me coûte 100$: mois de rajout de données a chaque mois car 1go....j'en ai pas assez.

chanie
Ça fait 3 ans que je suis avec public mobile et jamais reçu de récompense
Need Help? Let's chat.