Did you mean: 

Loyalty Pays

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Loyalty Reward

How does it work?

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.

Loyalty Reward Amount Earned

30-day plan

90-day plan

After 1 year

$1/30 days

$3/90 days

After 2 years

$2/30 days

$6/90 days

After 3 years

$3/30 days

$9/90 days

After 4 years

$4/30 days

$12/90 days

After 5 years and onwards

$5/30 days

$15/90 days

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

109 REPLIES 109

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After a year you will recieve $1 loyalty and every year after that until year 5 and you recieve your maximum of $5 loyalty off your monthly bill.You will continue to recieve your loyalty payment but they 

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

finally I got $3 loyalty pays for my next bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i love it Heart

joecamp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ya

zmawani

Just wanted to say that I'm super excited to now be earning loyalty dollars, my first year just passed - bring on the savings!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

thanks for the update, @pm_tl

Happy to hear the mods took care of you promptly.  

pm_tl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

It's all taken care of promptly via private messages.  Thanks to all PM moderators!  Cheers 🙂

imm1304

Hey @pm_tl,

90-day plans are rewards eligible.  So you should have seen loyalty reward already.

Send a privagte message to @CS_Agent with your public mobile phone number and one of the mods will take a look.  

pm_tl

Hi,

I'm with PM for a year from August 2016 on 90 days plan. Now is September 18, 2017 but my Loyalty Rewards is still 0.

When will the reward show up ?

Thanks.

pm_tl

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi syed51,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to assist you regarding your rewards, please send us a private message.

I am waiting for your response.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

daniela94

Like you said you been with this company for 4 years. The loyalty pay is for those not with the grandfather plan. If you want loyalty pays you would need to switch to the newer plans

syed51

I never get my Loyalty reward, I am with this company since more than 4 years.

imm1304

Hey @zmawani, the loyalty reward category will show $3 on your first renewal after 1 year with PM.  

My 2 year anniversary just passed 2 weeks ago and my loyalty reward is now showing $6.  

Wafik

The thread says you will receive your loyalty rewards one year after you signed up.  So you will not see anything until then at the soonest.  If you started service October 15th, you will see nothing until at least October 15th.  Because 365 does not devide perfectly by 30 or 90, you will likely have already renewed and the reward would likely go towards your next renewal.  I am also coming up on my first year around the same time, so I do not know for sure, but from everything I have read this is how I would assume it would work.

zmawani

Currently it says 0$ credit under my account for loyalty

zmawani

How will I know if the loyalty reward has been applied? I should be at 1 year on my next cycle - will it show up on that cycle or the one following? I started in October, so will I get the reward starting in October of this year?

imm1304

Hey @aaronsanto,

You have to be on a rewards eligible plan to benefit from any rewards, including the loyalty reward.  If you are still on one of the legacy plans from 2012, you will not get any rewards.

If you change to one of the current plans, then your will become eligible for rewards.  Loyalty rewards will apply from the time it was introduced.. so your years with PM will count for loyalty rewards if you changed plans.  

aaronsanto

hey guys great service been with the company since 2012 december but my loyalty plan hasnt kicked in...can you check please

Missy2cuti
Who can earn Rewards?
Only Public Mobile customers (i) on Rewards eligible plans, and (ii) who have active accounts in good standing:

Rate Plan eligibility:
All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015 are eligible for Rewards except for the 10-day plans that are not eligible for Rewards. Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.
Customer status eligibility:
Your account must be active and in good standing in order to earn Rewards. This means that your account cannot be in suspended (due to non-payment or if you suspended your service yourself due to lost or stolen phone) or deactivated status. For example, if you receive your Rewards and then go into expired status immediately after because you did not make a payment on time, you will not be able to use your Rewards. The Rewards can only be used once you add sufficient funds to your account to pay for you plan and become active again.

Missy2cuti
The last time that the loyalty program was updated in 2015!!!!

A lot has changed in the last 2 years. I am surprised that the cash back hasn't been raised yet

Missy2cuti
The last time that the loyalty program was updated in 2015!!!!

A lot has changed in the last 2 years. I am surprised that the cash back hasn't been raised yet

imm1304

Hey @Michael6,

The first renewal after 12 months is when your loyalty reward will kick in. Thats technically 4 plan cycles + 5 days. 

However, PM showed a bit of generosity and the loyalty reward showed up on the 5th renewal for one of my account.  PM rounded up and gave the loyalty reward 5 days early.  Look out for $3 Loyalty Reward in self-serve under "My Rewards" by clicking the small arrow to the left to view details.  

Michael6
I am on a 90 day plan and just renewed for the third time. Will I get my first loyalty discount on the fifth or sixth renewal??

Alexo

To clarify: the loyalty reward can only be applied to the new plans, but it is calculated since the day you joined PM.

daniela94
since you have your plan for 3 yrs so you have had your plan before the switch. the rewards such as loyalty referral and community only applies to those who join after Jan 29 2015. if you want you can switch your plan to the new plans so you can quality for rewards but you won't be able to go back to your old plan and you will lose customer care

Alexo

If you cannot find the emails, you could PM the moderators with your account number and ask.  They should have access to that information.

MonsieurX

I'm currently with a legacy plan so I don't have the rebate applied currently and can't seem to find that information anywhere in my account.

@MonsieurX wrote:

Is there a way to know the date I joined in with Public mobile so I can know the exact reward I'm eligible?

If you still have access to it, Public Mobile would have sent you an e-mail message within a few minutes that your account was activated.

MonsieurX

Is there a way to know the date I joined in with Public mobile so I can know the exact reward I'm eligible?

@Vickel SaskTel is government owned and as such it is being subsidized by tax payers in the province. 

They have been talking for months about selling out, laying people off, or raising the taxes

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/referendum-possible-on-selling-sasktel-premier-1.3973594

Manitoba has some of the best prices cross Canada with only 3 real players in the market (Bell already owns MTS)

Ontario also has TBayTel and Freedom as 5 real carriers

Need Help? Let's chat.