cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Bonus

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

I have been with PM for over a year and a half and my 2nd anniversary will be coming up later this year on November 20th. 

I was wondering if there was anyway to get my 90 day renewals around the 20th. It looks like my renewal will come around the 15th of November, so if I renew then I go 3 months without the higher loyalty bonus for 2 years. 

Could I wait a couple days I guess before I renew to get that? I hope my question makes sense lol..if so just wanted to see if there was any suggestions.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Yeah at the end of the day it's not that big a deal, but if it was synced up right. Id be getting the full loyalty bonus on the time I've been here, as that will be 3 months I'm missing out on...lol but 3 dollars isn't the end of the world

Even if you managed to sync up your renewal to get that extra $3 of loyalty, you'd be facing the same problem all over again each "year", because your 90-day plan will always leave you short of your anniversary by 5 days.  It's really not worth bothering about, in my opinion.

I think the impact would only be for year 1 anniversary.  The following year would be after 4 subsequent renewals.

I was watching my account very closely and can tell everyone that the loyalty rewards don't line up exactly with a 1 year anniversary.  The loyalty reward will show up in your account on the exact date of your 4th renewal for those on 90 days plans.  So, this is actuallly less than a year.

However, the net result is that you can't start using any newly-earned loyalty rewards until the next renewal after that "anniversary" because that billing period's plan fees will be charged before the rewards have been added. 

Each subsequent "year" (up to 5), you'll be one full billing cycle behind before you can use the increased loyalty amount.

@SD08 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Yeah at the end of the day it's not that big a deal, but if it was synced up right. Id be getting the full loyalty bonus on the time I've been here, as that will be 3 months I'm missing out on...lol but 3 dollars isn't the end of the world

Even if you managed to sync up your renewal to get that extra $3 of loyalty, you'd be facing the same problem all over again each "year", because your 90-day plan will always leave you short of your anniversary by 5 days.  It's really not worth bothering about, in my opinion.

I think the impact would only be for year 1 anniversary.  The following year would be after 4 subsequent renewals.

Renewing a few days early doesn't make any sense. If OP renews early, his renewal date will go backwards. For example, 3 day early renewal will change his renewal to Nov 12th. There is only 5 days difference between anniversary and current renewal, and to get the loyalty rewards before the renewal, op needs to delay the renewal by not paying for it for 5 or 6 days. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL9 wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JL9, I suggest cooling the jets on looking for ways to pick up the loyalty bonus one renewal earlier.  We are talking about $3 here, hardly anything worth jumping through any hoop for, not even if the hoop is not fire lit. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Hello,

I have been with PM for over a year and a half and my 2nd anniversary will be coming up later this year on November 20th. 

I was wondering if there was anyway to get my 90 day renewals around the 20th. It looks like my renewal will come around the 15th of November, so if I renew then I go 3 months without the higher loyalty bonus for 2 years. 

Could I wait a couple days I guess before I renew to get that? I hope my question makes sense lol..if so just wanted to see if there was any suggestions.

Thanks

Who can earn Loyalty Rewards?

• Any customer who:

(i)  Is on a Rewards eligible plan with

(ii)  Has an active account in good standing is eligible to earn Rewards.

If your account is suspended for non payment / letting it expire even for a few weeks just to make you have a slightly older account so when you come back it might be an older sign up date seems pretty shady, like you're cheating the system, I am not sure what might happen, or if it's even worth it. To me that means you're no longer in "good standings".

For the few dollors, is it? Public mobile has been really good to us, they are already crazy cheap and give us ways to benifit without having to cheat. I feel like there is no reason to try and get them for a few extra dollors. If that couple dollors was very important help a little out in the community and you will be rewarded 🙂 They recently boosted the community rewards up huge!

If you are totally into doing it while staying 100% active and in good standings, could you switch to the 30 day plan for that time for 1 cycle then go back to a 90? Would that help but once again I am not sure if it's worth it.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could renew early to change renewal date but that probably isn't cost effective. 

I'm not sure if you would miss all 3 months or the credit would start coming to your account in the second month towards your next payment 

Need Help? Let's chat.