cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/stolen (my rewards!) bug back? Edit: Yes it is!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

.Please see latest post in this thread for the update....

I have previously explored this issue with the bf's account and his autopay reward not applying at renewal. It was fixed generally in march 2020. Applied in automatically in April and then stopped being applied again but the moderators said it was account specific now......

But my two accounts just renewed back to back and i didnt really pay attention to the texts I recieved for a successful renewal. I logged in today into one account and immeadiately noticed a drop in my account balance. Logged into my other account same thing. Neither account had the rewards applied. For the first time earlier this month i had suspended both accounts  for about a day......has the lost/stolen bug returned? Contacted and awaiting a reply from the moderators. Has anyone else had this occur recently? 

I wont recommend using the lost/stolen feature for troubleshooting until I get an answer....... if others have experienced the same issue then I'll tag Catherine to look into it.

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous 

Yes agreed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not disagreeing at the effects. But two mods on two accounts helped me to a satisfactory conclusion. Recently. Although the second "fix" may come out with some peculiarities in the next day or three.

Perhaps when suggesting to do it (although I can't say as I've seen it very often of late) one could add a warning to be on the lookout for unpaid rewards at renewal

@Anonymous 

I only have two concerns...... the first was what i had raised with my original thread. The moderators making it an "exception" to add the rewards manually. This concept was disproved. You are entitled to your rewards regardless of the time suspended you just cannot access the most recent ones to use for renewal of your service. This has already been established so i dont understand the "exception part.

The second concern is the return of lost/stolen feature causing rewards to not be applied during renewal when used during your current cycle. This issue was supposed to be fixed back in March. As such we have been suggesting the lost/stolen trouble shooting technique with no warning of the possible consequences.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had two fine outcomes with two different mods.

Yes, I had used it thinking maybe it was my turn to get sim-jacked and did it on those two accounts. Then their renewals did not pay out the rewards. Any. On the second renewal, I also waited another day to see if anything would be paid.

And it's not just troubleshooting...it's attempting to protect ones account from another weakness in the system of not getting another confirmation of changing a SIM.

But I did get them without waiting long.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

As of 11/27/20 and possibly before this date the issue I first complained about in the following thread has indeed returned......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

The moderator was kind enough to make an "exception" and add my rewards to my accounts explaining to me the following......

Please note that if an account gets suspended within the 30-day cycle, even for a short period of time, the reward for that number will not be applied on the next renewal date. 

Note: I have highlighted and put in bold the statement the moderator underlined it for emphasis.

I currently have asked @Catherine_T  to look into this as @Alan_K has previously debunked this policy taken by the moderators and as its a completely unfair and ridiculous policy as the intention is only to prevent accounts suspended for non payment for a full cycle from using their rewards to pay for the renewal of their service.

To reiterate the inital warning.....do not use the lost/stolen trick for troubleshooting as it causes your rewards to not be applied upon renewal and then it is YMMV to have them applied manually!

@Anonymous 

So it seems this bug is back which is a major pain when troubleshooting..... best not to suggest it unless absolutely necessary. I helped a couple of my referrals using the lost/stolen feature recently i will have to tell them to check their accounts after renewal.

@Catherine_T 

Can you look into what happened to the fix for this issue? I was led to believe the bf's issue was account specific. We dont want to advise customers to fix problems with this method unless absolutely necessary if its going to affect reward application. thx   Previously explored here....   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-Issue-now-resolved/m-p/473410#M12005

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@darlicious mine is ok.. my available balance increased by $2 today which is the autopay credit.

@RosieR : Had you self-suspended before your last renewal?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious mine is ok.. my available balance increased by $2 today which is the autopay credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I had a week or so ago. Another customer a couple days ago. iirc one other. I fully expect it to happen again tomorrow night on another renewal.

A mod credited it fine. But that's always an unnecessary hassle.

Need Help? Let's chat.