cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost referral rewards upon renewal

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello community, 

I found that I lost my $2 referral rewards when my account was renewed today. I didn't receive any notifications of the removal prior to this. How should I check the reason(s) behind it? 

TIA! 

24 REPLIES 24

@homer wrote:

Hello community, 

I found that I lost my $2 referral rewards when my account was renewed today. I didn't receive any notifications of the removal prior to this. How should I check the reason(s) behind it? 

TIA! 

For most cases of lost referrals that happened last Monday, I do suspect that that most of these were referrals that were caused by a bug in the system.  The removal of duplicate referrals was done in a large batch. Despite popular belief, this bug supposedly had nothing to do with referrals that left Public, but rather with the fact that certain events would cause extra referrals that never happened to be added to the reward amount.  Long time members who had referrals before the introduction of referral codes and who had never given out the code to anyone were reportedly gettting referrals out of no where which is literally impossible. There was a time when some customers were receiving 5 or more of these referrals a day. Some members posted about this phenomenon in the past.

This bug does show that it is possible for Public Mobile to make mistakes. However, customers are gong to have to prove that legitimate referrals were lost in this recent round of reward corrections.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr 

It was a truly collaborative effort between all of us. And these people deserve more credit 

@Naepalm @gblackma and @mpcdesign  

@brettster99 wrote:

@darlicious 

Ah you don't know. I sent $55 to a person in need as this person ex screwed her over and she was freaking out about her public mobile account. 

Basically she was on a promo plan of $35 for 5GB instead of the normal $45. And so I sent her $55. $10 for the sim and $45 for the month she was screwed out of.

Then out of nowhere @gblackma sent me an e-transfer of half the cost to help me out. @mpcdesign and @Naepalm were also helping but they weren't close to give there extra sim to as she was in Alberta. 

She used my Referal code lol. The night before the $20 credit for your first referall 

That's really very decent thing to do of all the parties mentioned...nicely done!

@brettster99 

Geez that's why you're here.....thats a big heart on your sleeve! Even if she activated after midnight they gave out special codes! Thats ok that stuff pays back thousands in good karma and positivity! As i said it has to come naturally.....just quicker than we thought!  tee hee!

brettster99

@darlicious 

Ah you don't know. I sent $55 to a person in need as this person ex screwed her over and she was freaking out about her public mobile account. 

Basically she was on a promo plan of $35 for 5GB instead of the normal $45. And so I sent her $55. $10 for the sim and $45 for the month she was screwed out of.

Then out of nowhere @gblackma sent me an e-transfer of half the cost to help me out. @mpcdesign and @Naepalm were also helping but they weren't close to give there extra sim to as she was in Alberta. 

She used my Referal code lol. The night before the $20 credit for your first referall 

@brettster99 

You've got up to tap into fellow students, seniors or lower income you know people on a fixed budget. I'll give you some more tips later to see if we can get you one with a bonus credit.

@Naepalm  Oh I've got a couple of them....im pretty much a death til us do part kinda girl!

@AE_Collector 

We've got to go slow with the brettster......you know it 'll be his first time. You can't necessarily rush these things. Hes got to let it happen naturally....but an extra $20 might speed things up for him! lol

@darlicious 

Yes Definitely were Ghosts for the Past.

E448C5E5-EEB3-461C-8514-58ED900C083E.jpeg

@brettster99 

Referrals are MUCH easier to get during promotions which have been few and far between since Covid started. Keep casually dropping hints and making PM comments then ramp up when a promo starts.

AE_Collector

@darlicious dead spouses...Im concerned now. LOL

brettster99

@darlicious @AE_Collector @gpixel 

I wish I had the opprunity of having lost a few referrals and still have a few others. I tried everything at this point. I think I am gonna haft to wait until a promotion / social comes on. 

@AE_Collector 

Yeah....i noticed yesterday I lost a couple myself but hey weren't really friends more like ghosts from my past. Maybe a couple of dead spouses?

I lost three referrals maybe a week ago. I am almost certain those referrals were no longer valid so in my case their removal was legitimate. 

With the arrow that opens the Drop Down Menu, you will see about 6 lines in that list and can click into it to scroll down further if you have more than 6 referrals listed there.

AE_Collector

@homer 

Have you ever taken a screenshot of your rewards page in the past? If you have you may have a record of the numbers ( last 4 digits) that you can check against your contacts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@homer wrote:

Thank you for the reply. The referral reward is now zero in my account webpage. I remember I used to be able to see a list of phone numbers I referred in my account. Has this feature been removed? The thing is I referred my friends long time ago and I don't remember who I referred... 

@homer   You can still check your referrals, just log into your account, select my rewards on the the overview page, then click the arrow next to total rewards earned and the last four digits of the numbers you referred will show.  If they don't show, then it's more likely that those people left PM for another carrier and you were inadvertently still getting the referal credit as there was a glitch in PM's system that has very recently been fixed.  Many people have lost referrals this week since the fix and it's because those rewards were being paid out in error. 

If you still see the referral numbers in your account, then do as suggested earlier and contact moderators.

@homer unfortunately this has happened to a bunch of users. there is no way to know unless you contact the people you referred. it's pretty sad actually, especially for the people who worked hard to get those referrals. 

homer

I read in other threads that people got notified before their referral rewards were removed. Is this always the case? 

homer

Thank you for the reply. The referral reward is now zero in my account webpage. I remember I used to be able to see a list of phone numbers I referred in my account. Has this feature been removed? The thing is I referred my friends long time ago and I don't remember who I referred... 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@homer 

Rule on Refer-a-Friend

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. 

Check whether your friend or family still with PM.

If no, PM removed your refer-a-friend reward because your referee are not longer with PM.

If yes, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages'

dude65

Check your self serve acct to see if the referals are listed. If the people you referred have left PM, you will lose that referal reward for each person. that has left.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire
@homer

Public mobile has been clearing referrals. If you know the people that you have referred get them to enter a ticket to add the referral code their account again. In the future maybe take a screenshot of your referral so you have a reference.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@homer Can you check with these people that they are still active users of PM? If not, then this is the case why you won't receive referrals from them anymore.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check if any amount is showing.  If you need further assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@homer  hi chances are your referals are no longer customers if this is not the case click on the ? and ask to speak with a human this will help generate a ticket to speak with a moderator

shaker

Not to worry.

Bring it to the attention of the moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Regards.

Need Help? Let's chat.