cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, replaced SIM - no more rewards?

vancity778
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After using the Lost Phone function, it seems AutoPay Rewards and Refer-A-Friend Rewards no longer apply. But I still receive Loyalty Reward. Is this normal?

7 REPLIES 7

vancity778

Moderator investigated and applied a $3 credit to my account this afternoon. Problem was due to "system issue."

Resolution took about 10 hours in total from ticket submission.

Uncertain why Loyalty Reward was auto applied but not Refer a Friend or AutoPay. 

@Fluidmax  Yes....especially since moderator service times have greatly improved. But there are still circumstances where one may still choose to use that option to restore service(s) based on need. But if you can wait a few hours for moderator assistance it is better. There is no guarantee that using the lost/stolen feature to restore service will work in your particular circumstances.

Fluidmax

@will13am wrote:

Use of the lost phone, found phone toggle does have an adverse impact on rewards.  At one time, it was popular for members to recommend is use to try and alleviate conditions no service in active accounts.  This is how we learned of this particular behavior.  Moderator team intervention is needed to fix the lost rewards problem.

Very good to know, so it's probably a good idea not to do it and just email moderators for help when someone experienced no service in active accounts?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Use of the lost phone, found phone toggle does have an adverse impact on rewards.  At one time, it was popular for members to recommend is use to try and alleviate conditions no service in active accounts.  This is how we learned of this particular behavior.  Moderator team intervention is needed to fix the lost rewards problem.

@vancity778  Yes unfortunately the system can't tell the difference between a temporary suspension and a real one for non payment. It then holds back your rewards until you pay for your service. So in this case you still deserve or earned your rewards so you have to ask that they be applied manually after your renewal. Interesting that the loyalty reward did automatically apply. I would love to hear why that one wasnt affected. After you have them applied by moderator please report back any findings.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes it is. If they don't appear again at the next cycle @vancity778 , do as @cellphoneuser1 suggests and contact a moderator. Welcome to PM .

@vancity778 wrote:

After using the Lost Phone function, it seems AutoPay Rewards and Refer-A-Friend Rewards no longer apply. But I still receive Loyalty Reward. Is this normal?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@vancity778 wrote:

They'll be back next renewal. Click the question mark and ask the moderators to manually apply rewards. 

Need Help? Let's chat.