cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost a refer a friend reward?

BT89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred my mom yesterday and I see the rewards in my self serve account, but this morning I just received a text from 100 saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."

My mom just activated her SIM yesterday so I don't see how she could have left Public Mobile already.

64 REPLIES 64

tjam

I've experienced a similar thing. I didn't bother looking into it at the time. But after my last two auto-pays, the text confirmation reads: "congrats! rewards have been applied to your account: $-6 friend referrals, $6 auto pay...."

I'm not sure why it is negative $6.

thanks,

tyler

pksleung

Before reading this thread, I had no idea that I was to see referrals in my account.  I have several numbers with PM, and dutifully put in referrals but never saw them show up (one about 1.5 weeks ago, another one tonight)

To the moderators:  Knowing that this week must be terribly busy for you guys, should I wait a few days before PMing you guys with the info?  Would the referrals be backdated?

Thanks,

Paul

poloextreme

i have the samething that happened to me can i get some help too? thx

yan86

I had the same text too, I should have 2 friends referal now.

Cak3ry
Hello. Got the same text as well. Who can help?

kenobi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@rofo I have exactly the same issue as yours

@Shazia_K @Mary_M can you help me?

kenobi

Same issues here. 

I referred my girlfriend and another friend. When the second person activated his, my first reward got removed and I've got $0 reward by referring two people. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rofo wrote:

I'm wondering if the account setup with a PM number and then porting afterward process is causing all of these issues?  

I doubt it - I ported my wife directly on activation, lost her referral.  Had another referral sign up yesterday, same thing.  But three of my other friends that ported over directly on activation and used me as a referral, I didn't lose those ones.

tylerp_105

Hi

My rewards are also going a little funny.  Will wait a few days before PM-ing a MOD.  This post is just to lay out information describing the issue.

Ported my account a few months ago.

-A few weeks later created a new account for my wife.  No issues.  Reward is still there to this date.

-A friend signed up last week BEFORE the maintenance.  Reward credit looks like it is there but phone number is missing.

-Another friend signed up during the maintenance weekend.  Not sure if after the sunday maintenance.  This reward showed up correctly with phone number.  I now have $18 reward but only 2 numbers showed up.

-Another friend just signed up yesterday.  Check my rewards page and I did NOT get rewards credit for this one, BUT his number went into the slot  that had a credit but missing the phone number.

-This morning, my rewards went from what it was last night ($18/should be $24) to $15?  and 2 numbers are now missing.

hmmm... glitchy.  Will wait out the week and see how things goes.  Will PM later if it is not resolved by then.  Since it seems to keep changing, maybe the techs are working on this portion of the code.  WIll see.

rofo

I just checked my account, and 2 of 3 referrals were added back to my account.  The referral reward is so glitchy.  I'm wondering if the account setup with a PM number and then porting afterward process is causing all of these issues?  Weird thing is that my 1 missing referral wanted a new phone number and decided to keep using the PM assigned number.

rofo

I just got the text message that i lost one of my referrals.  The weird thing is that i still the my referral's number on my account (my rewards) but with a $0 referral reward.  

I also have 2 referrals that are not accounted for and was never applied to my account.  2 of 3 referrals activated the plan using a PM assigned phone number, and then later ported their existing number. the 3rd referral is still active and using a PM assigned phone number.  

I'll have 3 more referrals signing up in the next few days and I hope all of this is resolved.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

iam_immigrant

@hoyjoygang and @okaminer

I believe you should tag one of the mods here so that they know you're in need of assistance or private message one of them.

hoyjoygang

I also have received this message twice. All of my Refer-a-Friend rewards are now gone.

Can you please look in to this?

okaminer

Hi

I have also received a text like that. I referred my husband and he is a happy user as of yesterday. What should i do?

Thank you!

WearySky

@iam_immigrant that doesn't appear to be the reason.  Some people have reported losing referrals for that reason, but other people have reported losing referrals that have had accounts for months and months, no porting done at all.

iam_immigrant

I am experiencing a lost referral reward as well.

I believe it happened because when my friend signed up he did not port his number immediately. When he ported his old number in that is when I lost the reward but his account is still active.

@Mary_M could you please look into this for me? I will PM you our current phone numbers, thank you.

WearySky

@Slammer111 wrote:

@Mary_M can you please look into my account as well.  I have 3 referrals (they all joined in the last 48h), but instead of anything showing up in my Account, I received 3 texts telling me my friends have left.  Thanks in advance.  I've also messaged @Shazia_K.

Just an FYI - if you messaged Shazia, Mary will be able to see it too (all private messages and tags are seen by all mods).

Slammer111

@Mary_M can you please look into my account as well.  I have 3 referrals (they all joined in the last 48h), but instead of anything showing up in my Account, I received 3 texts telling me my friends have left.  Thanks in advance.  I've also messaged @Shazia_K.

david_l
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@WearySky wrote:

@david_l wrote:

I just got the same text message. I referred someone just yesterday and I see the $3 under the My Rewards summary but when you click the My Rewards button, it says $0 under the rewards summary banner. My referral has not left PM.

If you're still seeing it under the My Rewards summary I think you're fine.  The banner has never shown a referral reward for me, but I still see the correct rewards and correct estimated next payment.

Oh okay. I was just worried because of the text I got.

WearySky

@david_l wrote:

I just got the same text message. I referred someone just yesterday and I see the $3 under the My Rewards summary but when you click the My Rewards button, it says $0 under the rewards summary banner. My referral has not left PM.

If you're still seeing it under the My Rewards summary I think you're fine.  The banner has never shown a referral reward for me, but I still see the correct rewards and correct estimated next payment.

david_l

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @DaVibe

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This is a current issue we are experiencing, however can you please give the referral a few days to kick in? Check your self-serve tomorrow for the change 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

DaVibe

From - 100

Public Mobile here.  So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us.  See the details in Self Serve.

Having the same issue.  I BELIEVE the refer a friend is actually still applied (as I see a $3 credit under rewards) however in the colourful summary on the rewards page, it shows $0 in rewards, which reminds me of the message (above) that I received.

Could an admin look into this one for me?  Thanks in advance!

WearySky

@srlawren wrote:

@WearySky it will get corrected, I can assure you.  It can take several days for that paritcular fix, so please try to be patient.  

Oh yeah, I'm in no rush - they have about 86 days to fix it. 😛

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WearySky it will get corrected, I can assure you.  It can take several days for that paritcular fix, so please try to be patient.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

I had a similar thing happen to me, without the "your friend left" message.  Yesterday I had two referral rewards, today I only have one.  I know both are still with PM, as both only just joined... But already sent @Shazia_K a PM.  Hopefully my issue gets sorted soon too.  I have two more friends joining as soon as their sims arrive, so I want to make sure I track all of them correctly.

Edit: oh wait!  I did get the "So sorry" message, it only arrived at noon today.  I guess whatever job sends out those messages only runs at noon every day.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @brainfreze

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

Saray is not in today, can you send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone # and also the numbers you referred to Public Mobile? 

I will be glad to assist you shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

brainfreze

i just received a text with the same issue. what is best way to have this looked at? i recently added 2 friends; one was added 2 and a half months ago, and one just the other day.

It was after adding the recent friend that i received this 'lost friend' reward text, so i don't know whose number was rejected/removed.

Could i also PM you, Saray?

ryanwoo

Well, should we all track our own referral history if the system is not trustable especially when you have a few referral numbers?

Capzi

I'm in a simular situation, It doesn't show the missing number at all. I didn't even get a text about a new referall, just that I had lost one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.