cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of a friends referral

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just by chance I have checked my account today and yesterday. Today I have 1 less referral and I was able to track it down to what one I lost. I also had lost one a month or so ago for which I had received a text saying so. I contacted my friend and he had put a suspend on his account for a week, so once the suspend was removed it showed. 

Does PM always  text when you lose (permanent or temporarily) a referral for any reason?

Does PM always or ever text when you gain a referral back? (other than a new referral)

15 REPLIES 15

And PM thinks no one is interested in keeping tabs on our referrals thus they cant do anything to improve our ability to track them since they stopped giving us the full 10 digit number in the referral list. Sheesh! 

AE_Collector 🙂

Here is what I do. 

I have an excel list of every referral I have ever had.

I have tags to indicate if the referral is active or in inactive

From there I have an extract of active referrals only

Then I copy and paste all my referrals from My Account to be inline with my excel extract

Then I audit every month by selecting a cell colour and first colour the copy and paste number and then find the matching number in my extract one at a time. Then if a number is not coloured in on my extract, then deal with it as canceled or suspended and I REMOVE it from the extract list BUT KEEP it in my original list of all my referrals and can bring it back if a suspension is removed and shows once again as a referral. If I can’t find a number in my extract and IS obviously in the copy and paste....then I have to assume it is an anonymous referral (but I would have been texted) or some one has changed their number and I need to update that one record or I have to find where I screwed up....which I have never done....so far. 😀😀

@AE_Collector 

Ok i only checked one account which I guess is coincidence that its sorted in order the other one is random....so much for that.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Assuming that all accounts are treated equal....my referrals are sorted by order of activation.

I keep MY LIST elsewhere in order of activation but the list in Self Serve isn’t remotely close to being sorted in activation order. Not for my account or my wifes account. And it isn’t because of churn, we have been lucky with no churn at all.

AE_Collector  

@AE_Collector @darlicious 

The order of partial phone numbers in the referral list is random. While they may be sorted in some way, it's not based on anything that you'd be able to conclude based on the given information.

@AE_Collector 

Assuming that all accounts are treated equal....my referrals are sorted by order of activation.

@darlicious 

Possible...I have never thought about that. Likely because every time I look at the list I wonder “what the heck order is this sorted in”? I cant begin to figure the sort order of the list. Definitely not oldest to newest or reverse of that. Not in numerical order by the last 4 digits and I attempted to determine if it is actually in 10 digit numerical order but quickly decided it wasn’t based on the full numbers that I know. Since the numbers must be there based on and tied to an account number it may be sorted by account number but if so account numbers aren’t constantly getting bigger or the list would appear as oldest referrals to newest.

Anyone have any thoughts?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Would those telephone numbers that changed not still be in their original positions? So chronologically they would match with your list? Unless you recorded them in some other manner? Even if your wrong you know to switch them around....

@LurganIeUk 

Yes once you get more than several referrals, keeping track other than the total number isn’t easy. I managed t get most of my retired Telus friends switched over quite soon after I made the move because I had always been their go to guy for better than normal deals on Telus plans. A simple “tag” field attached to each of the referred accounts would let us label them how ever we wanted. But after a Good idea, I will look into this” from Teanna some time ago the lack of any further reply makes it look unlikely. 

I keep a Separate list of each referral but once I logged in to find that TWO numbers had been changed since I had last checked so then there is no longer anyway to know which new number goes with which person. 

AE_Collector

So it appears the loss of referral text is hit and miss. 

As of today...no text.  

Suggest to do a manual verification monthly, if you have time. 

I believe @AE_Collector has suggested that PM add a manual option so we could add a nickname to each referral received. Similar to what some financial institutions allow for your accounts. 

@LurganIeUk 

I always get both when it comes to the bf. The two referrals I lost ( they were just visiting americans) I was never sent a text when i know 120 days were up and they remained on my account until  they were removed by a moderator fixing my very messed up account.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LurganIeUk 

In the past, when I received a text for suspended account, I also received this text upon reactivation.

"Cha-ching! You've just successfully referred a friend to Public Mobile, way to go! To view your current Rewards..."

There are no guarantees though.

So before I say hit and miss. I will wait to see if I get a text tomorrow morning.  I seem to always get them at 9am ish BC Time. 

I received a text for the suspended account but not when it was reactivated. 

Thank You

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Does PM always  text when you lose (permanent or temporarily) a referral for any reason?

Does PM always or ever text when you gain a referral back? (other than a new referral)

Not always, but only sometimes. These messages do not come in reliably. 

As for messages about when someone comes out of suspension, what used to happen was that you would get a text message. Then again, you would get your referral back at that time but also gain a ghost. It was a 2 for 1 special.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk  - I know that PM sends a text when you loose a referral.  I have never heard of anyone getting a message when a referral reactivates. 

Need Help? Let's chat.