cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing friend referral reward when I shouldn't be

Agro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi so I have 3 people referred on my account and they're all still on PM with auto pay, yet for the past couple months I've been slowly losing the rewards. It doesn't make sense as they're still with PM and are active users who pay their bills. They're still on my account under the refer-a-friend rewards section as well.

16 REPLIES 16

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@geogolem wrote:

I could see the phone numbers listed, but the amount of the referral wasnt reflecting the number of phone numbers there.

That was exactly the symptom I was experiencing.  3 numbers listed, but only $2 reward.

I have a theory... 2 of the numbers are under my direct control and on true auto-pay with a real credit card, so they shouldn't ever lapse.  The third number is owned by someone who has a reloadable Visa or a "Visa Debit" linked to a bank account... I'm guessing that her available funds dropped and the auto-pay didn't go through one day so she briefly stopped being an active line (and indeed I got a text message saying "Public Mobile here. Just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friends' account inactivity.").  I'm guessing she got an SMS notifying her about the account lapsing so she made a manual top-up, and thereby became active again.  Meanwhile, I think a bug in the system is causing the re-activated referral reward not to kick back in (so I never got a "Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend..." message.

Of course, this is just a theory.  I won't dare to ask the person (my ex-wife) about her bills and finances. 😜

i thought that might be a possibility as well. but in my case, 2 of the three numbers that were not being counted, were family members that have autopay with a credit card setup, but still buy vouchers and their phones never lapsed in any way shape or form.

I'm not quite sure what is responsible for the reduction in friend referrals but I was happy it got resolved.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geogolem wrote:

I could see the phone numbers listed, but the amount of the referral wasnt reflecting the number of phone numbers there.

That was exactly the symptom I was experiencing.  3 numbers listed, but only $2 reward.

I have a theory... 2 of the numbers are under my direct control and on true auto-pay with a real credit card, so they shouldn't ever lapse.  The third number is owned by someone who has a reloadable Visa or a "Visa Debit" linked to a bank account... I'm guessing that her available funds dropped and the auto-pay didn't go through one day so she briefly stopped being an active line (and indeed I got a text message saying "Public Mobile here. Just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friends' account inactivity.").  I'm guessing she got an SMS notifying her about the account lapsing so she made a manual top-up, and thereby became active again.  Meanwhile, I think a bug in the system is causing the re-activated referral reward not to kick back in (so I never got a "Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend..." message.

Of course, this is just a theory.  I won't dare to ask the person (my ex-wife) about her bills and finances. 😜

geogolem

the phone numbers in the referral list were in fact still with public mobile but for some reason my referral amount in $'s no longer reflected that. After a PM to a MOD. they eventually fixed it.. before my next renewal it showed the proper $ amount for the referral reward and everything worked out.

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Agro,
Sorry to hear for your trouble, if you had multiple friends from before that might have left public can be one issue? but if youre sure all your friends are still with PM then please contact @Moderator_Team and let them resolve the issue. The mod team is there to fix any issue that is internal.
Hope this helps, enjoy your day!

Felixbthe1

Please contact a moderator, they will be able to give you assistance and answer and questions you may have. Have a great night.

CalgaryBen

@Anonymous wrote:

@geogolem wrote:

something similar happened to me. I PMed the mods and they fixed it.

@geogolem 

Do you possibly know what they did?

When this happened to me, and I contacted the mods, they informed me that they opened an "ERemedy" ticket (internal ticketing system) for the backend team to do something.  I check my self-serve account regularly, and low-and-behold, one day it was just fixed.  Unfortunately I get the sense they muck around in a database and workaround the problem, rather than actually fixing the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geogolem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geogolem wrote:

@geogolem 

As far as I know and can see, they re-added my referrals back to my account. 

And you had the same thing with seeing the referrals listed but just not getting the reward?

geogolem

@Anonymous wrote:

@geogolem wrote:

@geogolem 

As far as I know and can see, they re-added my referrals back to my account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geogolem wrote:

@geogolem 

geogolem

@mcassell wrote:

just tag @CS_Agent to your thread or you can click to send a message and send it to moderator_team 🙂

I would just send message.  They have to fix and talk about account in private, so why wait for response to tag?

mcassell

just tag @CS_Agent to your thread or you can click to send a message and send it to moderator_team 🙂

mcassell

You need to contact a moderator to fix that problem because we can’t do anything at this point.

Agro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you know how I would do that?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@sunflowershine  Is right, you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sunflowershine

@Agro wrote:

Hi so I have 3 people referred on my account and they're all still on PM with auto pay, yet for the past couple months I've been slowly losing the rewards. It doesn't make sense as they're still with PM and are active users who pay their bills. They're still on my account under the refer-a-friend rewards section as well.

@Agro , you have to contact moderator only. 

Need Help? Let's chat.