cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE service, New Reward.

hidjk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place? I'm hoping that the higher uppers who own public mobile who look into ways of providing Rewards and gaining new customers would see this...

An idea that I have for Rewards and also helping the company gain more customers would be to offer customers who promote the company and refer more than 15 refer a friends to have all their data switched from 3-g speeds to LTE service/speeds permanently as long as they have 15 refer a friends or more. I thought this was a good idea for the company to gain more users as well as to incentivize current members customers to promote the company to more people.

What do you think and can you make sure those in charge see this idea. 

Thank you. 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hidjk wrote:

My Bad, it's not an add-on its its own plan. But the point is the same they already offer 4G LTE not only 3G. Thanks for the clarification. Take care. 

@hidjk this may not be the case forever.  In the early days (at least after the Telus purchase), PM first offered only non-throttled (full-speed LTE plans); then at one point a few years ago they started offering "3G" throttled accounts, and offered both options for most plans (at differing price points).  However, in more recent history, they discontinued offering all non-throttled plans except for the one you mention, the $30 1GB data-only plan. 

This particular data only plan was really only brought out to satisfy the CRTC when they asked carriers to start offering some affordable options.  However, I think the $25 plan with 1GB of throttled "3G"-speed data and also unlimited texting and unlimited Canada-wide calling offers better value for just about any potential customer, and satisfies the spirit of the CRTC's requested affordable plans.  I would not be surprised to see Telus make that argument, and drop the full-speed LTE plan from the plan offerings.  However, I could be wrong.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hidjk

Thank you... 

I think it's good for them and for us. 👍

I'm hoping they like the idea... 👊

Take care and have a good one. 💪

@hidjk it's a great idea! keep suggesting. it doesn't go unnoticed! maybe pm might consider this or any other thoughts/suggestions you have

hidjk

My Bad, it's not an add-on its its own plan. But the point is the same they already offer 4G LTE not only 3G. Thanks for the clarification. Take care. 

@hidjk the $30 1gb is not an add-on.. that's a seperate plan which is data only. the data add-on we can purchase is for $15/1gb. 

hidjk

Says on their own page it's 4G LTE when you look at their plans and the add on at the bottom $30 for 1GB of 4G LTE service data etc. Look at the details under it. 

srlawren

@hidjk wrote:

Not sure what you mean by third-tier

@hidjk Each of the 3 big providers (Telus, Bell, Rogers) offer 3 brands:

Telus:  1st tier is Telus Mobility, 2nd tier is Koodo, 3rd tier is Public Mobile

Bell:  1st tier is Bell Mobility, 2nd tier is Virgin Mobile, 3rd tier is Lucky Mobile

Roger: 1st tier is Rogers Wireless, 2nd tier is Fido, 3rd tier is Chatr

In general, the 1st tier offers bigger data plans, more optional features, better selection of phones (if you're so inclined to purchase from your provider), and get the newest features first (recent examples: eSIM support, VoLTE, etc), but at the highest cost; 2nd tier offers somewhere in between in both features and cost; and the 3rd tier offers more affordable plans with fewer features, less immediate support, less/no phone purchase tab agreements, etc.  

@hidjk wrote:

They already do offer LTE service as an add on

@hidjk I've seen a few people think this recently.  Do you mind telling me where you got this incorrect assumption from?  Is there some misleading marketing material?  The data add-ons come at the same speed as your plan data, they are not automatically full-speed LTE.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hidjk

Yes that might be a nice reward for loyal customers as well which I personally have no problem with, but my point really was to get many new customers by having their new or old customers promote public mobile and refer as many friends as possible and as an extra incentive besides the $1 a month which I appreciate would be to gain LTE service etc... and things are moving 5G pretty soon so moving to LTE shouldn't be too bad or hard. Take care 

But some of the older plans are unthrottled LTE data. And the new ones are LTE throttled to 3 mbts as @Luddite points out. I'm more interestd in getting volte, so that in areas without 3g we can still make and receive calls. 

Full speed LTE is only available with the data only plan. All others are LTE throttled to 3 mbps, or 3G. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping

@hidjk 

I like the idea of getting full LTE speed.

How about offering full LTE speed for the subscribers after his/her 6 years anniversary?

You may ask why 6 years anniversary.  After 5 years, subscribers will get the $5/cycle anyway.  6 years with PM, I am sure that those subscribers are loyal to PM.  Just another level of achievement for the loyal customers. 

I am sure that full LTE will not cost PM too much as Canada is moving to 5G.  6 years down the road, Canadian providers will be slowly shutting down the 3G transmitters and replace them with 5G transmitters. Just saying...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@hidjk That's an interesting idea. Will see whether or not PM will improve its reward system further. For now, it is quite good.

hidjk

Not sure what you mean by third-tier, they already do offer LTE service as an add on so I don't see any reason why they can't do this and have their company gain many more customers, and besides 5G is starting to come out so maybe you can think of LTE as being third-tier in the near future. I'm happy with public mobile the way it is, but this is another way to improve it if they so choose. Take care. 

mimmo

Great idea  but it is not in the cards. PM is a  third tier, provider and they are positioning their offerings with that regard. If you want full speed LTE then you need to go to Koodo or Telus or similar.  All 3rd tier providers lucky and chatr only offer 3g.

Need Help? Let's chat.