cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just registered new PM account at Walmart but didn't get the promised $20 or the PM $10 reward. WHY?

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

(1) Just registered new PM account at Walmart but didn't get the promised $20 rebate.

(2) I was also refered by a friend and according to the listed Public Mobile rewards I also did not get my entitled $10 reward.

9 REPLIES 9

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since you were not referred you will not get the $10.00 credit as this was a refer a friend promo. The $20.00 credit should be in your account in 72 hours. If it is not showing within that time frame please contact a moderator so they can assist further. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M... please use this link to communicate with them through private message. Please don't forget to include phone number and pin. This way they can help you quickly. When the credit comes through you should receive a text message too. 

shnaqawi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a $10 call and text plan for 30 days. I did not have a referer. The person at Walmart set my account up and he didn't mention anything about a referer being required. I did not pay for the sim either. 

ohitora

Don't worry the credit will eventually show up - I also activated two $10 plans at walmart and it took several days for the credits to show up.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shnaqawi which plan did you activate on? When you signed up did you put the referer's phone number in? If you failed to do these steps properly the credits will not show. 

shnaqawi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a PM sim from Walmart through the same deal and still haven't got anything in my account after a month. How do I reach customer support? 

prithwirajj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got $20 credit applied to my account within 24 hours of activation

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, you should receive the credits within 72 hours of activating your service. If you do not, you can send a message to the mods for them to take a look. Be aware that the $20 credit for activating at Wal-mart is only available for talk+text plans only (plans with data packages are not eligible).

Indeed it's a great deal! Hope you signed up for autopay (pre-authorized credit card payments) for an additional $2 off per month!

Welcome to Public Mobile.

ohitora

My friend has already received her ($1)reward.

So within 72 hours I will receive the Walmart $20 and the refer a friend $10 reward?  Sounds like a very good deal which means I will get 3 months free.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Please allow for up to 72 hours for the credits to be applied. 

Per the terms of these promotions:

Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.