cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got SCREWED out of my referral rewards

Redfisher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Very pissed off right now.  Sent son down to set up a Public Mobile account.  He phoned me to ask for my "code".  This was news to me as all my earlier referrals used my phone number.  Quickly went online to check my account for this "code" but.......the account link was dead, white screen of death....not working.  He waited around for 1/2 hour as I tried to log in but no success.  He set up his new account and I don't get the activation reward as I normally would.  Pissed off.  Any suggestions where I can take this to get my deserved reward?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Redfisher 

There seems to be lots of issues floating around, and they are probably not treating it as a priority as there is time before your renewal to do it and even if it's not done by then they will have to apply the credit manually. 

They also ask you not to message them about the same problem, but if you didn't get any response for 72 hours, please replay asking for follow-up

I hope it gets resolved soon

Redfisher

So over a week past a problem that I contacted moderators about and posted my feelings about online and crickets back from Public Mobile.  This process seems pretty mickey mouse from my end.  Still very ticked off that this drags out.

@Redfisher wrote:

You can call it what you want but... this used to be a simple referral process that is now more complicated.  I already am doing the "sales" piece on behalf of Telus......the rewards should come out easy.

The codes replaced the use of numbers so no one had to give out a phone number to get referrals anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Redfisher wrote:

You are "politically correct" with your response.  After listening to the "activation clerk"  tell me over the phone that I would not get any rewards without the code, I had enough.  I could have gone Don Cherry easily enough on this one too.

And look where that got him. Being "politically correct" is about being a decent civil human.

I keep any referral codes on my phone. Oh you need my referral code? Let's see. Oh here. It's this. Listen carefully.

Redfisher

So what you meant to say was...

"I didn't realized the referal code had changed from 10 digit cell number to a code and sent my son to transfer his service to PM. I couldn't get into my account to find my new "code" because it appeared to be down so he activated without it. Is there anything I can do to get the referral credit after the fact"?

AE_Collector

You are "politically correct" with your response.  After listening to the "activation clerk"  tell me over the phone that I would not get any rewards without the code, I had enough.  I could have gone Don Cherry easily enough on this one too.

Okay, gave it some thought and I will apologize for my input on this subject. I know one should never point out correct grammar or spelling mistakes on forums so we likely shouldn't try to correct blaming others for things either.

AE_Collector

So what you meant to say was...

"I didn't realized the referal code had changed from 10 digit cell number to a code and sent my son to transfer his service to PM. I couldn't get into my account to find my new "code" because it appeared to be down so he activated without it. Is there anything I can do to get the referral credit after the fact"?

AE_Collector

Redfisher

You can call it what you want but... this used to be a simple referral process that is now more complicated.  I already am doing the "sales" piece on behalf of Telus......the rewards should come out easy.

You didn't really get SCREWED Out of anything. You sent your son to a dealer without the required info to get a referal credit (this changed quite a long time ago now and everyone was emailed their new referal codes with an explanation) and he chose to go ahead without that info. Fair enough and you can likely get it sorted out after the fact but "got Screwed out of" is a little over the top IMHO!

AE_Collector

@Redfisher  Go to the bottom right of your screen and click on the (?) and submit a ticket via Simon  explaining your issue to create a ticket. Ask for a human or a rep to begin with and Simon will help you along the way.

@Redfisher wrote:

Need to message one but can't figure out how to.

Instructions on how to contact a moderators have been provided in the first reply of this message thread.  Is that method currently not working?

Redfisher

Need to message one but can't figure out how to.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes i can confirm the same your son will have to contact the moderators and give your referral code and tell them things went wrong, they can adjust it manually.

Rikus

I can confirm the referal reward can be applied retroactivly if your son as described above sends a note to the mods. It should not be a big issue to fix for them. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Redfisher  Once your sons account is all set up and he has a community account have him message the moderators with your new referral code and explaining the situation have them add it to his activation. They are usually pretty good about this and should add it you'll just have to wait a few extra days for the credits to appear.

@Redfisher wrote:

Very pissed off right now.  Sent son down to set up a Public Mobile account.  He phoned me to ask for my "code".  This was news to me as all my earlier referrals used my phone number.  Quickly went online to check my account for this "code" but.......the account link was dead, white screen of death....not working.  He waited around for 1/2 hour as I tried to log in but no success.  He set up his new account and I don't get the activation reward as I normally would.  Pissed off.  Any suggestions where I can take this to get my deserved reward?

I can confirm that the self serve site appears to be down for everyone at the moment, although I do not know how long is has been down for.

Both you and your son will need to will need to open seperate service tickets to ensure that all appropriate credits and rewards are issued. That can be done through https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "rep".

Need Help? Let's chat.