cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry into prepay for 3 months and the associated rewards

Right_Stuff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm new here and just signed up to Public Mobile last month.  I was reading that if you have auto payments set up you get a discount added to the monthly bill and if you have it set up for 3 months prepaid, it increases.   How do I set up the 3 months auto pay so that the rewards get added to my account. I couldn't find that option as my account is only 30 days prepay now.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@Right_Stuff wrote:

Hi,

I'm new here and just signed up to Public Mobile last month.  I was reading that if you have auto payments set up you get a discount added to the monthly bill and if you have it set up for 3 months prepaid, it increases.   How do I set up the 3 months auto pay so that the rewards get added to my account. I couldn't find that option as my account is only 30 days prepay now.

Thanks!

There is absoutely zero truth to this.  While there is a small discount for subsribing to autopay, there is no such thing as a discount for prepaying for 3 months (actually 3x30 days) ahead of time for a 30 day plan. There never has been. While there used to be 90 day plans, those no longer exist.

If what you have read has been told to a customer by a salesperson, I suspect that this could be attempt by a salesperson to secure commission. While I am not sure of the exact commission structure for Public Mobile, some carriers will suppsoedly retroactively remove commission from a salesperson's pay if someone who has activated stops being a customer within the first 3 months.

@Right_Stuff Congrats on joining PM! Hope you are enjoying its service and savings. Maybe, 90 day plans will return in the future, but for now, there are no any.

Right_Stuff

Thanks everyone.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Right_Stuff  That's right. You can also decide to start the new plan immediately or have it change on the renewal date.

Carniam

Sometimes, though sometimes plan promos are only for new activations. There are benefits to monthly plans though, such as if you plan to move carriers you only have to wait a month, as well as around refer a friend rewards so I’ve read. It would have to be a good deal for me to switch

@Right_Stuff...go to the etop of this page and click on Get Help. Then type Autopay for info on how it works.

As long as you have a valid credit card registered on your account and Autopay enabled...you get the $2 Autopay reward every time your plan renews.

There are no longer any 90 day plans...they were withdrawn many months ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Right_Stuff wrote:

Understood.  Whenever one of those promotion plans pops up, is it possible to latch onto it while under a different plan at the moment?

You can future plan change when a promo comes up for existing customers. There aren't many.

Also, 90 day plans are no longer available.

Right_Stuff

Understood.  Whenever one of those promotion plans pops up, is it possible to latch onto it while under a different plan at the moment?

Carniam

Correct, though you must have autopay activated to receive the credit. Please look at community rewards and refer a friend credits for other ways to save money every month.

@Right_Stuff Correct

Right_Stuff

Thanks for the reply.  So it's dependent on the plan itself rather than it being an option I can toggle on and off in my account?

Carniam

Hi some promo plans in the past were for 120 days. Please note that they still only received $2 per month, though given it was a 3 month plan they received $6. Hope that helps

Need Help? Let's chat.