cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If downgrading plan

sam2020XL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, If downgrading plan, what happens to the extra refer a friend credits

like if someone has a $25 plan and has $20 in refer a friend credits, they decide to downgrade to $15. What would happen to the extra $5 in refer a friend credits for that month and for on going months? 

thnx

9 REPLIES 9

Jasondimera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They just add to your account and you can use it whenever you want to. 

@kselmak wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I believe they are very much aware of it and eventually they may end up dealing with it, it all depends on the numbers i guess and not our discussions.

Again these are just credits that can be used towards service and add-ons and if anything they may guarantee long term stay, so they would probably think twice before fixing this problem. Today you may be on 15 plan and be collecting slowly, but tomorrow you may need much more you are very likely l to stick around if you have a nice pile under you. And even if you deplete it you will not easily give up your account.

A customer such as in @sam2020XL 's example isn't really costing Public Mobile $20. It's costing Public Mobile $1 per 30 days (and a one-time $10 credit) to gain another customer, for each of these new customers. That's a bargain for Public Mobile. 

@HALIMACS 

I believe they are very much aware of it and eventually they may end up dealing with it, it all depends on the numbers i guess and not our discussions.

Again these are just credits that can be used towards service and add-ons and if anything they may guarantee long term stay, so they would probably think twice before fixing this problem. Today you may be on 15 plan and be collecting slowly, but tomorrow you may need much more you are very likely l to stick around if you have a nice pile under you. And even if you deplete it you will not easily give up your account.

On the other hand, Available Funds can only be spent within the account, so no point in PM making any effort to stop the accumulation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @HALIMACS . It's why I say "officially" when partially answering these kinds of questions and go on to say that things happen around here.

I think the place is being monitored. I'm also sure they're well aware of these matters anyway.

Hey @kselmak  & @Dunkman 

It's been proposed by a certain 'user' that bringing attention to these items may not be in everyone's best interest.

Do PM staff actually read these forums, though, unless they're tagged?  

I wonder???

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You would be accumulating the difference in your balance.

Apparently it is for supposed to happen bit it does for now. It may change though in future.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sam2020XL 

Your refer-a -friends rewards, loyalty and autopay rewards will not be affected when you downgrade the plan.  Official PM policy is that you will not get a credit each month if you have extra rewards, but in reality, you will be able to build up a balance of credit.  So, the extra $5 will go into your available balance each month going forward.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sam2020XL they will stay on your account and would accumulate further.

Need Help? Let's chat.