cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change my number will I lose my refer a friend or any rewards?

b34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My line is used by one of my kids. I have $4 in Refer a Friend Rewards, $1 Loyalty Reward, and the $2 Auto Pay. Someone unknown to my child, randomly started texting them thinking they were someone else saying a lot of things that a child shouldn't see. They also tried to call. I blocked the number but I'd rather just change the number but wondered if I'd lose any of the credits. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@b34 

I did a number change on one of my self-referral account.

I listed the referees phone number using the following instructions before and after the phone number change.  Number of referees are the same except one of my list of referees with number changed.

1. Login to your self-serve account
2. Click on the "My Rewards" link on the overview page.
3. Click on the solid black triangle on the left of "Total Rewards earned" to show the list of referee of your friends' last 4 digits phone number.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, I just ported in my Telus number into my PM account that is 2 months old. No changes, all my referrals are in place. 

Dude_VM

Ideally, all the rewards are associated with your account hence if you change your mobile number, your account should still be active and same hence no impact will be on any reward.

Dude_VM

Ideally, all the rewards are associated with your account hence if you change your mobile number, your account should still be active and same hence no impact will be on any reward.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@b34  no you won't lose anything ,  the rewards are tied to the account  and not the phone number!  You can change your phone number once every 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.