cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work hard for referrals, Public Mobile benefits from it, then they slap me in my face.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

While there are lots of complaints about how the web site should be and be improved, I have always been an advocate to not ADD any improvements but make what is here actually work!!

I have been watching my referrals over the last month in My Account. While the number of phone numbers is constant the dollar value of the referrals bobs about up to what it should be and then down a dollar.....back and forth. I have not received a “lost referral” text and now not impressed. 

☹️Today my account was paid and my text for rewards used was on the “down bob”☹️

29 REPLIES 29

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

looks like the referral text is back!

Screenshot_20210416-163618.png

i sure hoppe that I don't start receiving this text message again for fake referrals.  if I do, that renders such messages useless anyway.

I wish I had of searched for this previously. I just posted on another post. 

I keep getting referrals showing up on my account monthly (but no phone number) for the past few months when I apparently really don’t have any! Only after paying my bill does my service shut off saying I owe more money and the referral has disappeared! Somehow every month for past few months there’s a glitch and it keeps happening! Now I see they are fake.

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 

I referred someone yesterday and received the text this morning. I confirmed the new number in my list, but as of right now I'm not seeing the extra dollar yet. I'm assuming one of my referrals is renewing with auto-pay today or auto-pay failed...

That could be anyone. I would not assume that the new referral has anything to do with the apparent loss (or no change) in the refer-a-friend credit.  Back when Public Mobile had a large scale problem with the erroneous refer-a-friend credis, I would often get a message about losing a referral but my credit amount would go up instead of down.

@computergeek541 

I referred someone yesterday and received the text this morning. I confirmed the new number in my list, but as of right now I'm not seeing the extra dollar yet. I'm assuming one of my referrals is renewing with auto-pay today or auto-pay failed...

@gpixel wrote:

i sure hoppe that I don't start receiving this text message again for fake referrals.  if I do, that renders such messages useless anyway.

@gpixel 

Then what's the issue? Suspend via lost/stolen at 8:55pm. Unsuspend a little over 24 hours later (9:01pm). Your plan amount will be taken from your balance. You contact the moderators to manually apply your rewards. You're back to even steven....

@darlicious 

yeah, I'll be covered for a few years... I still have those 8 Canadiancellsupplies vouchers on my account. it's been a year 👍

@gpixel 

Yeah I was thinking that might be the case....but not enough of a positive balance to cover your plan amount?

@darlicious 

I have a positive balance I would need to use the lost/stolen method. 

@gpixel 

Allow your autopay to fail ( put your card on hold). Your rewards will be applied to your balance. Then your autopay will fail to take the balance of your plan amount. Take your card off hold . Wait until 9:01 pm pt and make a payment and reactivate. You will lose about 15 hours of service (6am til 9pm) but will bump forward a day on your plan cycle.

@darlicious 

yes, but I will have to pay the full amount if I do that. ill ask mods in the near future for the credit.

@LurganIeUk 

I think @kselmak nailed the explanation of how the more recent "fixes" affects how you are notified of a loss except in the scenario that @gpixel  describes that I can confirm does occur. Sudpehsion via lost/sfolen removes the phone number and $$ amount from your rewards page. Suspension due to non payment keeps the phone number and $$ amount intact but deducts the reward$$ upon your renewal.

@gpixel 

Have you considered allowing your phone service to suspend and waiting a day to renew to change your renewal date so you no longer renew on the same day?

@LurganIeUk 

Does someone that suspends an account of if a payment issue, and PM suspends the account, does that change the next payments dates from their every 30 days based on their start date?  

• yes. if auto-pay fails and they don't reactivate the service on the same day than their plan starts on the day they reactivate

I have one referral that renews on the same day and I never get credit for them... for the ones that use auto-pay I notice the number dip when they are renewing and bounce back after. the ones that prepay, I don't see the number fluctuate

I could track my referral starts and build a calendar for their payment dates. 

Just one question. 

Does someone that suspends an account of if a payment issue, and PM suspends the account, does that change the next payments dates from their every 30 days based on their start date?  

But like I say originally the $'s bounced back and forth (actually for months) and this is the first time when the bounce was down 1 and I got caught short with referral reward dollars. 

@esjliv wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

While there are lots of complaints about how the web site should be and be improved, I have always been an advocate to not ADD any improvements but make what is here actually work!!

I have been watching my referrals over the last month in My Account. While the number of phone numbers is constant the dollar value of the referrals bobs about up to what it should be and then down a dollar.....back and forth. I have not received a “lost referral” text and now not impressed. 

☹️Today my account was paid and my text for rewards used was on the “down bob”☹️

@LurganIeUk ,

I know you have been seeing this happening for some time now. It is annoying, it happens to me to. I haven't lost a phone number yet though, but $'s go up and down, with no change to phone number list.

Perhaps the big Autopay failure that started April 2, 2021 affected some of your referrals and their suspended status messed up your rewards.  🙄

Now!!! That could be as well!!! Reason I say that....is when it happened to me on Telus I had no idea that it failed and would not have known I had no service. 

@gpixel wrote:

@LurganIeUk do you have a referral that renews on the same day you do?

Good point. I should check that!! But this has never happened before. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk ,

I know you have been seeing this happening for some time now. It is annoying, it happens to me to. I haven't lost a phone number yet though, but $'s go up and down, with no change to phone number list.

Perhaps the big Autopay failure that started April 2, 2021 affected some of your referrals and their suspended status messed up your rewards.  🙄

@LurganIeUk do you have a referral that renews on the same day you do?

@kselmak wrote:

I did get that message that one person has left. The message itself was late and the message for the previous person was missing.

Those messages were instant until about a year ago, this is when they solved the problem of ghost referrals and fake referral notifications. 

I agree the fix is not perfect. Color coding really would be great. No clue how complicated would that be

From what I understand is all they did was stop any text for a new referral of any kind, actual or ghost!!

Like I say self serve...then do it right!!!

It does not seem to be too complicated to put a sale on and change plans though?? 

It seems to me that second class is ok!!!

I did get that message that one person has left. The message itself was late and the message for the previous person was missing.

Those messages were instant until about a year ago, this is when they solved the problem of ghost referrals and fake referral notifications. 

I agree the fix is not perfect. Color coding really would be great. No clue how complicated would that be

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hear you....but.....I don't want take out my crystal ball or flip a quarter to see what's going on. This is plain mis managed. 

It is a self serve plan.....then the online information has to be correct.

And the more I am beginning to have a hunch is:

I have a referral in suspend status. 

But do I? The $ number is inconsistent day by day. 

Do you get a text about the loss of a referral in suspend?

Is it hit and miss?

When I see 5 xxx-xxx-1234 and $4. What am I supposed to think?

In the past I have had and had not a text. And I have had and not had the number disappear during the suspend. 

If it is truly in suspend...then another column needs to show 1 in suspend OR the xxx-xxx-1234 needs to be in RED or needs a ? to click against the xxx-xxx-1234 with an explanation. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

If somebody ports out and account is closed they will disappear from your list.

If somebody suspends the service they will also disappear from your list. That wasn't case before but was fixed recently i noticed.

If autopay fails the account gets suspended but it's treated differently and they will stay on your list but as the account is not active it will not count. That also charged recently it uses to be that you get to collect rewards for another 90 days after payment info is removed.

For some reason it will be going off and on, the number gets reset around midnight and it's not always correct but it will be correct on your renewal. If they are gone the number will disappear 3 cycles. If you have somebody that is away and is refreshing they're account every 85 days you will be annoyed and wish you didn't refer them, it should pass after they come back. I noticed this since we have a loaner phone at home that is now mostly inactive because of covid.

@LurganIeUk 

HALIMACS_0-1617901489637.png

In that last two referrals that I received a text message saying that I lost them. I lost two referrals in two consecutive days. 

Both numbers disappeared from my account. 

Both  $'s where adjusted downwards. 

$'s and referral phone numbers were in sync. 

One came back from suspend and the number reappeared and the $'s went up by 1. 

And no text from the one that came back from suspend. 

But since that:

No text messages for lost referrals. Not that I was expecting any. 

Referral phone numbers have remained unaltered and never fluctuate.

But $'s bob back and forth to match the number referral phone numbers to $1 less.  

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I usually have one referral which is a phantom that comes and goes.  When I actually check the numbers of my referrals it is always correct and the proper amount has always been applied at my renewal.  

@LurganIeUk Both texts are hit and miss.

Haven’t had a phantom for months. Last two lost referral texts equal 1 permanent loss and 1 came back from a suspend. And my friend on the suspend I knew about as he lost his phone. 

So so are you suggesting that the texts for a temporarily lost referral due to suspend (which is same text as a truly lost referral) are  hit and miss too?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is something that needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Isn't that the case when folks accounts may temporarily go into suspend/expire state, and they come out of suspend/expire state?

There have also been 'phantom' referrals whereby the dollar value exceeds the number of referral numbers.

Have NO IDEA how that happens, but it feels like winning the lottery, eh!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.