Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get $20 off every 30 days...

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can someone tell me how I can get $2

73 REPLIES 73

@HeartFollowers hang around and contribute enough for Public Mobile to in7cite you to be one. Here's an article on the Oracle's https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-it-means-to-be-an-oracle

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove sign up for auto pay. Thats it. Go into your self serve account, click on payment, scroll to the bottom click manage auto pay. Then use a Credit Card or prepaid Credit card to sign up.

Another card you could use is STACK its a prepaid master card with an app and perks.

HeartFollowers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gblackma how does one become an Oracle!?  That word is phenomenal, gr8 goal!!!  Tips and tricks?  Bless your heart!

HeartFollowers

Saw this after the fact, much love for the super detailed response @geopublic !

Great learning how to fully enable supporting others, links to click!  Duly noted for the future!

Bless you and yours all ways for all days!

HeartFollowers

I beelieve we sign up for autopay to get $2 off per 30 days!  Sweet and simple 🙂  Let me know if it works, I just signed up for auto pay!  Bless your Heart AdamLove!

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy

Yeah that is the best bet for getting rewards. 

@AdamLove 

The easiest ways to get rewards are in this Order

1. Autopay - Really simple to do and an automatic $2 off 

2. Loyalty - Really easy to do but it takes the longest. You need to wait a full year for $1 up to 5 years and $5 off. Anything over won't get you any more for loyalty no matter how long you stay. 

3. Referrals - This one I have not even got 1. This one does take work and convincing to do. But don't force it. Just bring it up casually saving "oh that sucks you pay that much. I pay x amount for the same level of service"

4. Community. This one takes a lot more work and to be honest that worth the reward for the amount of work. The Real reward should be helping others in need and if it gets you a $1 or $2 that is just icing on the cake. Also, you need to do every day and month after month. The community rewards are for the month you contributed only. 

@popping wrote:

Spend time(lots of it) to learn how PM system works.  When you know the answer to a question, post it.  Don't spam this forum for the sake of getting more post count.  PM is looking for good quality answers.

Spamming the forum with random messages just for the sake of increasing post count could actually be counter productive. While post count is definitely part of the Community reward forumula, that forumla could be adjusted at any time without notice. A large part of receiving bravos in the Community has to do with your reputation. If someone has earned the reputation as a post count padder, the member may actually receive less bravos.

@AdamLove wrote:

What's the fastest way to get Community Rewards...?

Well fastest is every month you get community rewards.

The "Fastest Reward" is :

1. ->actually setting up auto-pay (immediate on sign up),
  2. -->next would be the 10.00 credit for being referred (72 hours) although between this one and the next you could give a decent argument, -
  3. --->next would be referring a friend( immediate)
  4. ----> then community rewards (monthly/if you qualify)
  5. ---->then loyalty (annually up to 5 years). That would be the time from the fastest rewards to slowest in regards to receiving them in a timely manner. 

Hope you have a great day, look at the rewards page for more info:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=rewards

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AdamLove 

Community reward is awarded to participant around 6th of each month.  If your renewal date is before 6th of each month, you need to wait almost a month before getting the fund. 

Spend time(lots of it) to learn how PM system works.  When you know the answer to a question, post it.  Don't spam this forum for the sake of getting more post count.  PM is looking for good quality answers.

@AdamLove Give value to people and help the ones in need.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Come frequently to check if anybody needs help.

If you start helping somebody try to see it through, try not to leave until it's resolved or they sign off and stop responding.

@AdamLove I would try to participate as much as possible in the community forum probably the most sure way would be to get as many referrals as you can from friends or family

@AdamLove wrote:

Public Mobile isn't going to tell use the exact method used for reward calculation. I will say that it's extremely important to try to make quality message posts with correct information, and to try not to repeat others. It's not supposed to be about message quantity, but rather about quality.

You can post replies and solutions to the forum but it would require sometime on a daily basis.  You would be better off to get friends and family to sign up for an account and get referral rewards of $1/ referral.

Lanerdros

Just help people out by answering questions! It's based on how many votes, or "bravos" your comments get from others! Quite a simple system.  Here's some more details:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/td-p/415

AdamLove

(threads about same topic merged by computergeek541)

@Korth wrote:

And they have access to secret back room where they can gossip with each other about us lowly peons!

Plus, I think, a "direct" channel to some of the PM Moderators (staff).

There's no direct channel for Oracles to moderators. Oracles have to get in line just as everyone else does.

And they have access to secret back room where they can gossip with each other about us lowly peons!

Plus, I think, a "direct" channel to some of the PM Moderators (staff).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

So, who are the oracles? Just  out of curiosity, are they the first to ever be PM customers? Or actual paid staff? How did that come to be? 

They are customers just like everybody else here who had been extremely active here and extremely helpful to customers for some time. Then the company recognizes that or by nomination from the community they get promoted up to being Oracles. Then they get a fixed $20 reward for continuing to be helpful. The rest of us battle it out for the 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 dollar rewards. I think it's a bit of a marketing misnomer to say that we can attain $20 when it's really only by invite.

They are indicated by their username being bold and a gold star next to their name and a spiffy avatar and of course the title of Oracle. That's what we see. They also get a swell swag bag of stuff.

They also have a little more power around here to do some admin tasks like other forum moderators do.

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

So, who are the oracles? Just  out of curiosity, are they the first to ever be PM customers? Or actual paid staff? How did that come to be? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

Pawprints1986

@gblackma wrote:

The only way to get $20 off is to be an Oracle or to have two accounts. Stay safe.

But then they would want $40 off per 30 days.  They want the $20 off of their own account I am sure

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

The only way to get $20 off is to be an Oracle or to have two accounts. Stay safe.

Dylan3

You need to be very active on the forums to be able to get 20 dollars off your phone plan every 30 days

It takes a lot of time and dedication

Pawprints1986

Even the $1 amount is awesome, any little bit helps! Not counting on oracle or even the step under lol but who knows re the lowest rewards options 😁

@Pawprints1986  Although no one knows the secret formula that is loosely based on posts, bravos and solutions for your community participation. Going by the bravo leaderboard I would guesstimate that you are in the top 25% and will recieve a $2 community reward. In about a week they add it to your account and you will know for sure then.

@Pawprints1986  It all depends on your participation. In theory you could be in the top 1% and recieve $15 in community rewards. But you would likely be in the top 50% $1 or top 25% $2. The other badge levels are top 10% $5 and top 5% $10. Only the Oracle's get $20.

Pawprints1986

Is there a full listing? Like when do you begin earning the lowest tier reward? Is there a list like that? Just curious... 

In bc you would need to work about one hour and twenty six minutes at minimum wage to earn the monthly reward of an oracle and about one hour to equal the reward of the top 1% contributors.7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobster69 wrote:

glad to find out that community rewards arn't the best way to get credits for my account.

One should only really spend time here if one likes helping people. Then shortly after a new month you might be surprised that you will get a little something off your plan cost.

The old joke around here is that it's more profitable for time spent to collect bottles for deposit refunds.

Or work a minimum wage job for an hour or two:)

Need Help? Let's chat.