Did you mean: 

I want to get $20 off every 30 days...

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can someone tell me how I can get $2

73 REPLIES 73

bobster69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

glad to find out that community rewards arn't the best way to get credits for my account.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove, I would think everybody would love $20 bucks off each month. Granted, the Oracles get this because they do, but the rest of the community, well, that's a different story. I would rather have a month of no payment, that be so cool too! 

• AutoPay gives you $2 off a month right off the bat!
  • You won't receive loyalty rewards. It will receive this in 2021 after 1 year with Public Mobile, you can earn $1 every 30 days. In the second year, it gets bumped up to $2 every 30 days. Maximum is 5 years, you will receive $5 every 30 days
  • Got a buddy? Get $1 per month for each friend you refer. This may be the one where you can take it as far as you can, maybe hit your family members first such as partner, spouse, girlfriend to mom and dad, his or her mom and dad, siblings and so on. If you have a blog, this could be a way where you can promote Public Mobile, and that the reader can get a credit of $10 if they sign up with your referral link.
  • Participating in the community forum. This ranges from $1 to $20. This can take a few minutes a day to hours. I would think the ones who are in the top 10 are people who are in the forum longer than a few hours, and from what I see, they are on all-the-time. Quick with their response time. I swear, I think they live on the edge of the seat waiting for a post from a user asking for help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonet 

Community rewards are reset monthly and put into account rewards at about the same day each month. Then, at renewal, all renewals are taken from Available Funds first. Rewards are converted from a reward designation over to Available Funds at midnight ET. Then autopay will charge what's needed after that. Then the other three rewards flip back and the community is zeroed out.

@Bonet wrote:

Does it show up before you pay or credits after your charged? 

Community rewards are given to all selected at the same time. How long you have to wait to be able to use these rewards depends on when your plan renews.

Bonet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does it show up before you pay or credits after your charged? 

Bonet

@Bonet   The community rewards are based on participation level.... so there's top 50%, 25%, 10%, 5%, 1% and their corresponding monetary rewards......$1, $2, $5, $10 and $15. Only oracles earn the $20 reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonet 

Yes. See this chart. Lower down there's 50% giving a dollar reward.

Bonet

Can you earn less amounts by less contributions? 

@Miwua wrote:

You can just post about anything at all? Or do you have to ask/answer questions specific to Public Mobile? 

I would say that random, no service-related topics shouldn't be posted, at least not in the customer support categories. This places is about helping people with geting their services working and about answering questions about the Public Mobile-related questions.

For off-topic and general chat, The Lounge is great for that, but this is why those conversations do not count when calculating Community rewards.

@Miwua  Pretty much anything in the lounge just remember it's pretty PG and PC on the community. Lounging does not count towards community participation. All the other categories are public mobile or mobile phone related. Ask questions, give your opinion or add commentary. When someone else asks a question that you don't know the answer to.....put it in the search bar and press go. Chances are the answer will pop up and you will learn it for next time the issue comes up. Bravo posts you like, make you laugh, teach you something or adds value to the community or helps another member out. Award solutions to members that answer your queries. Hang out in the lounge for some down time or if your bored and want to see what others do in their spare time or what they are talking about....you can check out the snowmageddon of Newfoundland pics under top contributors.....now snow pics!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Miwua

Yes, we can post about almost anything at all (within civilized boundaries).

But it's generally preferred to keep on topic and to keep threads relevant to the purposes of each subforum (Getting Started, Paying for Service, Rewards, Phones and Hardware, etc). Some distracting chitchat and sidelines are tolerated (and inevitable) but once a topic strays too far off the rails to be useful to PM's business/customers it will be relocated into a more suitable subforum - more often than not it's moved to The Lounge (the catch-all social hangout for unrelated topics).

@Miwua Well anything within reason in the lounge section way below. PM and phone specific questions under whichever of the other headings that best suits it. Welcome to the community.

Miwua
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can just post about anything at all? Or do you have to ask/answer questions specific to Public Mobile? 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi adamlove i get $2 off my bill with autopay.

@helenhelen

You keep any badges which have been issued. And you get the associated Reward (credited to account balance, once) each time you get a badge.

But you could get, say, Top 1% one month and Top 50% (or nothing!) the following month.

You could click on my profile and see s whole slew of Top % badges in basically random order. But please ignore the mess, PM's buggy system seems to like giving me too many badges (and flat $2 Reward, regardless of actual Community participation or lack thereof) every month, lol.

@helenhelen  the community rewards reset each month, the refer a friend reward stays as long as your friend has an account, and pays for it.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So does that mean your badges get knocked down to beginner level again each month? 
Seems it is more bang for your buck to get friend referral rewards :cathappy:

@helenhelen

Community Reward is evaluated every month. Past Community Rewards aren't relevant. (Although past activities and posts can still gain Bravos or be awarded Solutions - and they stay up on the search engines for a while so people keep finding them when looking for answers - which sort of creates a "momentum" that'll help Community Rewards rise or fall in a more consistently steady manner.)

Referral Rewards can also be lost when their PM accounts are terminated (because they port their number to another carrier or because they just don't pay to renew their plan too long and it eventually expires).

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Question: once you are at a certain level, is the reward constant every month or do you have to keep posting to maintain it? In other words, is it a one off reward or it is ongoing?

@AdamLove 

Keep up your participation on the community and spend some time reading up on how your account and other parts of public mobile work, common solutions and troubleshooting techniques. Learn about each plan offered, add ons and how rewards work. Review the activation process and  how the porting process of a phone number from one provider to public mobile works.

Buy a couple extra SIM cards to have on hand and sign up for deal alerts so you are informed when the next promotion is announced. Casually inquire among your friends and family what provider they are with and if they already own their phone or are still on contract. Find out if they are happy with their provider, how much they pay and whats included in their plans.

Start to mention how much you pay for your plan, compare the plans they have with public mobiles plans. Identify the people you know that may not have good credit, have a credit card or have a low paying job and anyone who is thrifty with their money or on a tight budget.

Once you start mentioning public mobile in your conversations, clear up misconceptions like not knowing pm is on the telus network or throttled 3G data speed is basically the same as 4G unless your watching HD movies. When the next promotion is finally announced you'll be ready to start switching the people you know to public mobile. You can suggest the best plan for them, the worst plan to get, the best plan to get with a promo offered....starting with a higher plan and switching to a lower one on the second month. Or choosing a plan with the right amount of data because changing it will cause the loss of the promo, how the $5/500min add on works with the $15 plan. Find out where to get free SIM cards, how to give out the link for your referral code and start helping people activate their accounts, join the community and learn about public mobile.

In no time at all your $2 autopay reward and maybe your $1 or $2 community reward will be joined by $1, $2, $5, $8, $9, $10, $15, $16 in refer a friend rewards and you will have that $20 off your bill.

I currently get $24 off my bill(s) after 7 months on public mobile......

nicofellow

Quickiest way is to convince friends to sign up for $18 per month + $2 autopay.  

@AdamLove

Setup AutoPay for $2 reward. Easy. Unless you don't have a valid credit card.

You can pay for service by depositing Payment Vouchers every month and still collect AutoPay Reward plus AutoPay bonus data. AutoPay only charges your credit card when there's not enough available funds in account. 

Start getting Referrals, each one is $1 Reward (and $10 credit).

First few are easy - we all have immediate friends and family, once they (eventually) see that your PM phone service is reliable it's easy to let PM's low prices do the rest. But then they become interested in getting their own Referrals so no more passed along and if you want more you gotta "work" to find them.

Community Rewards are worth a few bucks if you hang around and participate. But it takes a lot of activity (time) to move into the highest Top % tiers. And the Reward is basically random, you never know how many others are participating, you can't predict how often others will have problems you can solve, so don't bank on it.

Oracle is the highest tier. By invitation only, selected from the few who consistently lead Top% in Community for at long time, many months or a few years. Half hour per day isn't enough to Oracle. You'd do fare better earning twenty bucks somewhere else (even recycling bottles, cutting lawns, delivering newspapers) with all the time it takes.

Loyalty Reward just takes time. No payout for first year, full payout after five years. You can't rush it.

@gblackma wrote:

So, out of curiosity, what's the correct answer to this mess now?

Well I know that the OP marked one of his own posts as a solution in one of the threads and that won't be a solution

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

So, out of curiosity, what's the correct answer to this mess now?

@SD08 wrote:

@popping wrote:

Oracle please merge this thread with 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Be-a-oracle/m-p/513541

Thanks.

Done

I've also done some merging of a few different threads.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

Oracle please merge this thread with 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Be-a-oracle/m-p/513541

Thanks.

Done

popping

@AdamLove 

There is no hard rule on how long.

Last appointment is for members with over 1 year helping members on this forum.

@AdamLove 

@AdamLove wrote:

How long does it take to be Oracle...?

Nobody really knows.  I would guess at least one year of becoming a valuable contributor to the community.  Lots of bravos and solutions given and time on the community.  It is also the quality of responses that matter.  

popping
Need Help? Let's chat.