cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I referred both my mom and stepdad and only got one referral bonus?

dumonte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I referred both my mother and stepdad to public mobile... but only one $10 credit came to my account. Not sure if that is normal? I thought I got $10 per referral? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

des1999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yeah it’s $1 per referral for you and $10 for who you refer!

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dumonte wrote:

Only the two lines were actually created that day... mine has been on for a couple of months... I got a text from Public Mobile a day after activation that stated

"Public Mobile here. Your account has been credited $10. Please login to yoru account to view your account balance."

Anyways if I only get the $1 per referral off then that makes sense... just thought the text was weird then.

I think I know what's going on here. I don't know your plan, but I assume that it's a plan that costs $30 or more per month. You say that yours was created a couple of months ago, therefore, you fell under the promo that was going on at the time:

"Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months"

So every month, for 6 months, you will be receiving a $10 credit, and this has no connection to the activations of your mother and stepdad. For both of those, you will only receive the regular $1 off per person/per month reward, and they will both receive a one-time $10 credit.

dumonte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Only the two lines were actually created that day... mine has been on for a couple of months... I got a text from Public Mobile a day after activation that stated

"Public Mobile here. Your account has been credited $10. Please login to yoru account to view your account balance."

Anyways if I only get the $1 per referral off then that makes sense... just thought the text was weird then.

@dumonte wrote:

I referred both my mother and stepdad to public mobile... but only one $10 credit came to my account. Not sure if that is normal? I thought I got $10 per referral? Thanks.

You got too much and were not supposed to get any one-time $10 credit.   Were all 3 lines activated on the same day? If either your mom or stepdad  activated first and then referred you, that would explain why you got $10.  As others have said, only the new customer who is referred gets $10.

If you are speaking about the $1 credit each 30 days for referring each person, you would get that if both people used you to refer them. If you didn't get both of those, is it possible that your mom referred your stepdad (or vice-versa) instead of using you to refer both of them?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you referred both of them, then you should actually be getting a $2 credit every 30 days that they remain active. $1 credit for each of their accounts. Only the referred people (your mom and stepdad in this case) are given the one time $10 credits.

@dumonte 

Your family accounts should get $10 each. You should get only $1 per month credit as long as family stay with Public Mobile. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dumonte wrote:

Double check that they both actually got a Public Mobile account.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dumonte wrote:

@dumonte 

The $10 referral credit goes only to the person you referred, not you. If you referred your mom and stepdad, they would be the ones to receive the one-time $10 credits. As the referrer, you would only get the recurring $1 per 30 days reward, for as long as they stay with PM.

Are you sure the $10 credit you received was not for something else, e.g. the $10/month x 6 month promo that was available earlier this year?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dumonte wrote:

Your mom's account gets $10 once within 72 hours

Your step dads account gets $10 once within 72 hours

Your account gets $1 (per referral) per 30 days for as long as they stay active.

"Sharing is caring! Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us!"

If after 3 days both of them do not have a $10 credit, send a message to the moderator team to look into it. Use this link to send a message to the moderator team.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@dumonte wrote:

Yes you need to see 2 10$ in your account. When did you referr them? On the same time? If yes write a private message to the moderator to let them know your problem here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is few hours to 2 days be patient.

EDITED...I was too much time away...Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.