cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Lost 19 Referrals in a span of 24 Hours - POOF!

atan2003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, 

On 11/26/19 9:51 AM, I received a text from PM indicating I have successfully referred a friend. Unfortunately, I did not receive the $20 referral credit after 72 hours. I contacted the MOD to investigate. After two days, they respond and say "none of them have activated in the past few days nor weeks" and by the way, your active referrals are 21 referrals.

I check my payment history and my referrals have been 23 in August, 29 in September, 40 in October and 40 in November to 21 on Dec 3, 2019. On Dec 1, 2019, I recalled the list was still 40. I regret contacting the MOD. Can someone help? I keep chatting with the MOD but they seem to unable or unwilling to help - this after I spent all this time referring more than 40 customers to Public Mobile.

Here is my payment history for anyone that is able to help. I am hesitant to refer any more customers to Public Mobile given this experience. 

Capture.JPG

29 REPLIES 29

am7777

I suggest you should contact a moderater to help you with that to get your referals back 🙂

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am a "list and records" person so naturally started a list of my referrals as one day I know I will lose someone and will wonder who. I have to admit it is miserable trying to track referrals now with the new xxx-xxx-1234 format. Can anyone figure out the sort order on the list? Not newest on top or bottom, not sorted numerically by the last 4 digits and I can find no evidence that they are sorted numerically left to right (starting with area code). In my world we would have the ability to add a tag to each entry if we wanted to.

Good info and recommendations here. I too would worry about making too big a deal about this. There are lots of other ways they could slow this down.

AE_Collector

I don't keep a master list. But each time I get a referral reward I print my over view sheet and put the details against that one NEW number xxx-xxx-1234. I guess I could make a master list from an overiew sheet (but that would be work!!) or even an excel sheet might be a good idea too. 

I am a "list and records" person so naturally started a list of my referrals as one day I know I will lose someone and will wonder who. I have to admit it is miserable trying to track referrals now with the new xxx-xxx-1234 format. Can anyone figure out the sort order on the list? Not newest on top or bottom, not sorted numerically by the last 4 digits and I can find no evidence that they are sorted numerically left to right (starting with area code). In my world we would have the ability to add a tag to each entry if we wanted to.

Good info and recommendations here. I too would worry about making too big a deal about this. There are lots of other ways they could slow this down.

AE_Collector

atan2003

@Bradleypaul read @will13am 's post in this thread

Bradleypaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd say talk to a mod 

Bradleypaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Talk to a mod

atan2003

Good luck having Public Mobile honor your lists. They would just claim that your referral is no longer active.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Even a record of a referral is of no use.  Suppose I submit a number for them to look into because the number no longer be on my referral list.  They could tell me this number is still active with Public Mobile.  So what does that prove in terms of referrals made by me?  Absolutely nothing!  My record keeping counts as zero in the discussion.  That list is not the official list.  This is why I have never kept records, well the other practical reason is the sheer number of referrals and potential real churn.  Being a long term customer, my referral churn rate is virtually zero as these customers probably have many referrals of their own and are earning loyalty rewards.  There is nothing it in for anyone to leave.  

Once you get more than a handful of referrals, it would be interesting to see someone try to keep track of these. Even if you could, if your referrals found out about this, some could see that as sort of inappropriate and take offense to this.

I do, not hard to keep track of and why would I tell anyone...and they would take an offence........who would care? When I get a referral credit I print my over view page and write their name, date, and email, if I know it, against the newly added number. I then file the paper copy. 

@will13am wrote:

Even a record of a referral is of no use.  Suppose I submit a number for them to look into because the number no longer be on my referral list.  They could tell me this number is still active with Public Mobile.  So what does that prove in terms of referrals made by me?  Absolutely nothing!  My record keeping counts as zero in the discussion.  That list is not the official list.  This is why I have never kept records, well the other practical reason is the sheer number of referrals and potential real churn.  Being a long term customer, my referral churn rate is virtually zero as these customers probably have many referrals of their own and are earning loyalty rewards.  There is nothing it in for anyone to leave.  

Once you get more than a handful of referrals, it would be interesting to see someone try to keep track of these. Even if you could, if your referrals found out about this, some could see that as sort of inappropriate and take offense to this.

atan2003

@will13am wrote:

@atan2003 wrote:

How convenient is it for them to "reset" my referrals list every so often? 

I have never had a reset because someone in the back office doesn't like me or want to help reduce the reward payouts.  There is no conspiracy theory here as far as I can tell.  The reset happens when I raise a discrepancy to the moderators.  One of the natural responses in the troubleshooting process is some sort of account reset in hopes of clearing the problem.  The reset exacerbates the problem unfortunately.  This last time when I lost 13 referrals, I expressly asked that no reset be undertaken and to simply give me a fund credit equivalent to the discrepany between the actual reward payout and the expected reward payout as provided in the text message from "100".  Nope, they reset my account.  I think I have said enough as I am truly fearful of big hammer coming down on this program.  

I doubt the big hammer will down. Just take my example, my 40 referrals may equal conservatively 40 x $25 = $1,000 / month. They give me a referral credit of $40 leaving them with $960. 

If they are long term customers like you said, then even for one year, PM is billing $12,000 with a cost of $480 referral credit / year.

It's sad to think that they are whittling me down to $21/month and not even investigating the matter adequately. I am one long term customer that won't be supporting them any longer. 

@popping wrote:

@atan2003 wrote:

I plan to file a complaint with Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS)

"http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/"

Referrals can't just disappear and the response be trust us - they were never there to begin with!

You need to prove that your referees is still staying with PM.  Start contacting your referees to determine who is still with PM.  If you don't have proof, it is your word against PM as their record shows that you have less referees.

@popping I think that is exactly the problem. PM's "cure" for a missing referral requires the "new" customer (not the reward recipient) open a ticket and ask the moderators to correct the account of "William, etc." who provided his referral code of "Xoooo".

If PM's systems were bullet proof there would never be an error. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

atan2003

For me, TRUST is hard to earn and easily broken. Public Mobile - I understand is made for the People. I am saying I don't trust them anymore...

Guys, it's still a free rewards we don't get anywhere else. None of my referrals came back to me yet and said PM is not for me, i am moving on. What we get for however long is still better than nothing. Unless i had to go through a lot of hassle to earn referral rewards, i would fight this too. But so far, it hasn't come to that Smiley Very Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@atan2003 

You are already contacted him by mentioning his username with @ in front of his username in your post.

atan2003

Sounds like a case of David vs Goliath. Should I engage @Dave_M from Public Mobile for some support?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@atan2003 wrote:

I plan to file a complaint with Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS)

Referrals can't just disappear and the response be trust us - they were never there to begin with!

You need to prove that your referees is still staying with PM.  Start contacting your referees to determine who is still with PM.  If you don't have proof, it is your word against PM as their record shows that you have less referees.

@atan2003 wrote:

I have never had a reset because someone in the back office doesn't like me or want to help reduce the reward payouts.  There is no conspiracy theory here as far as I can tell.  The reset happens when I raise a discrepancy to the moderators.  One of the natural responses in the troubleshooting process is some sort of account reset in hopes of clearing the problem.  The reset exacerbates the problem unfortunately.  This last time when I lost 13 referrals, I expressly asked that no reset be undertaken and to simply give me a fund credit equivalent to the discrepany between the actual reward payout and the expected reward payout as provided in the text message from "100".  Nope, they reset my account.  I think I have said enough as I am truly fearful of big hammer coming down on this program.  

atan2003

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am @atan2003 Without a record of your referrals' phone numbers it's imposssible to argue with PM's assertions. The only official repair procedure is for a referral to personally contact the moderators with your referral code.

Certainly suggests that very active recruiters must keep a record of every person/phone number giving a referral, or to whom a referral code is provided. Frustrating I know.

Good luck.

atan2003

I guess I will stop referring to Public Mobile then. They can't even keep track of my referrals. How can I expect them to keep billing me that right amount!

@atan2003 wrote:

Referral rewards are not covered by the wireless code.  I don't think there is a case here unfortunately.  So far I have sucked it up.  As always, I try also to look at the bigger picture.  I can complain ad nauseam and potentially create a worse outcome which is program cancellation.  

@will13am @atan2003 Without a record of your referrals' phone numbers it's imposssible to argue with PM's assertions. The only official repair procedure is for a referral to personally contact the moderators with your referral code.

Certainly suggests that very active recruiters must keep a record of every person/phone number giving a referral, or to whom a referral code is provided. Frustrating I know.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

atan2003

BTW, they won't allow you to post the "http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/" without putting it in quotes.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I'd say talking to @CS_Agent is your only option. Check your referral code, any chance a number or letter could be seen wrong, like 0, O?

I'm sure you are aware that when people leave PM your refferals expire. I can't see any other reason why they would dissapear.

I don't want to be presumptive, but you earned all these honestly right? There have been complaints recently of referrals being intercepted by store clerks and the like. @atan2003 Is there any way that your code may have been reported in this process? 

Sorry @atan2003 , I wish I hadnt posted that. If @will13am says it can happen to anyone, it can. It just didn't seem like something that should happen for no reason so I unfortunately stretch for a reason.

atan2003

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I'd say talking to @CS_Agent is your only option. Check your referral code, any chance a number or letter could be seen wrong, like 0, O?

This is the root of the problem unfortunately.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@atan2003 , I have a little more modesty about my referral record and so I will not post any records for public consumption.  Over the years, I have had issues from time to time with referrals and each time I contacted the moderators to look into it, something bad happens at the end.  They send my account to the back office to investigate and do account resets.  Each time this happens, the outcome is less referrals.  I vividly recall the first time this happened, my referral count went to zero.  Just a month ago, I lost 13 referrals because I was stupid enough to ask again about a referral reward payment issue when past experience tells me not to.  It was impossible to contest this as the rebuttal was "you probably lost those referrals".  Of course the new referral count and the expected rewards match.  The problem is the current referral count experiences a big drop coincident with the account investigation.  I tried to point this out in the past to no avail as it is a bug that no one wants to admit or investigate. 

All I can say is I feel vindicated after all these years that I was not imagining things.  I will never report any referral discrepancies ever again unless the problem is was very dramatic and there is no way things could get worse.  Anyway misery loves company.  Please report back if you are able to achieve any kind of success with this case.  

atan2003

The @CS_Agent has been less than helpful. They can't explain how 40 active referrals can all of a sudden disappear and become 21 active referrals without a trace in one day!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure you are aware that when people leave PM your refferals expire. I can't see any other reason why they would dissapear.

I don't want to be presumptive, but you earned all these honestly right? There have been complaints recently of referrals being intercepted by store clerks and the like. @atan2003 Is there any way that your code may have been reported in this process? 

Need Help? Let's chat.