cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How successful are you with Referrals?

samanthaburton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New user here that just closed my first month! Outside family and friends, what techniques have you been using to get outside referrals? Is there any portals where sharing your referral code is permitted? I have a very small social circe and would really like to save a few dollars if possible. 

9 REPLIES 9

countonalex

I got 3 referrals under my belt (2 family and 1 off another forum). I've been with PM since March. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@samanthaburtonI find offline referrals are often easier than online. You can also gague whether the person is suitable for Public Mobile. I know a few people who get more referrals than the cost of their plans, so they just get more phone lines.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kselmak wrote:

I'm no Reddit referral list

It's a random selection I got contacted 5 times since December only two resulted in referral as some people want it instantly and if you don't respond within 20 minutes they move on and find it someplace else.

The mod who works on the bot is trying to make it more automated now that we use referral codes rather than phone numbers. Once it's ready you won't have to reply to people; they will be sent your referral code automatically. It should help! Also the mod recently added a feature that should help remove some of the scammer accounts that were joining.
I've only been with Public Mobile 1.5 weeks so I haven't got any referrals from there yet but I'm hopeful! 😄

samanthaburton

@darlicious 

I love the hustle! 

I think if you are passionate about the savings on pm and not shy about speaking up you can get a few referrals under your belt. I referred my boyfriend and my own second number. I've been teasing my room mate into switching on how it would suck to reduce his phone bill by 80%....in fact I'm going to march him down to "go mobile repair" this afternoon since he's just being lazy. While I was waiting to speak to the assistant manager at London drugs a couple from the U.S. were mulling over their options for their vacation in Vancouver I had to speak up when they started to gravitate towards Rogers. I upsold them both to the $40 plan as well. I won't get the reward because the only need it for a month but I was happy to deny Rogers the sale. I just think the ridiculousness of the cost of cell service in Canada needs to be changed and it only takes the power of individuals to do it. Just like voting if you become apathetic the system will never change. I just keep my ears open and when I hear a conversation I open my sometimes big mouth. Plus I like to save money and I want to save other people money too....all this in 3 weeks of being part of the pm community.  Best of luck and enjoy the savings you've already earned by switching to Public Mobile.

samanthaburton

Has this been successful?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samanthaburton wrote:

New user here that just closed my first month! Outside family and friends, what techniques have you been using to get outside referrals? Is there any portals where sharing your referral code is permitted? I have a very small social circe and would really like to save a few dollars if possible. 

While neither forum allows open posting or offering of referral codes, being actively helpful here in the PM community as well as the RFD forum (when they post about PM deals) can sometimes result in spontaneous referrals without asking/offering.

There have been postings on Kijiji, craigslist, etc. advertising referral codes, sometimes in conjunction with SIMs, if you want to go that route.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I'm no Reddit referral list

It's a random selection I got contacted 5 times since December only two resulted in referral as some people want it instantly and if you don't respond within 20 minutes they move on and find it someplace else.

I also posted on Kijiji but it kept being taken down. During a promotion back in spring it got me 6 referrals over that weekend my bill got to 0 so I upgraded to 15 plan 🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@samanthaburton 

Some people sign up for the reddit PM referral generator.

Slowly introduce PM to friends, co-workers, and family.  There has not been a recent $25 friend referral promotion for both parties.  That is a great time to be more aggressive in your marketing.  

Sometimes helping out on this forum, you can get a random request for referral.  A nice bonus.  

Need Help? Let's chat.