cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after joining can you refer someone?

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm looking to join PM and have a friend I would like to refer after.  Are you provided with a referral code to provide to others right away or do you have to wait?  If so how long?

12 REPLIES 12

deepatiwari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is immediate. Login to your account to get your code

@buiya wrote:

I'm looking to join PM and have a friend I would like to refer after.  Are you provided with a referral code to provide to others right away or do you have to wait?  If so how long?

@buiya wrote:

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Immediately

@Thibs627 wrote:

I set up my wife's phone online with a code she got from a friend then after her phone was set up I got the referral code in the online self serve to use for my own phone right away.

So your wife got a text for the code after activation?  Either way it's good to know it's available quickly.  Thanks:)

Thibs627
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my wife's phone online with a code she got from a friend then after her phone was set up I got the referral code in the online self serve to use for my own phone right away.

@Thibs627 wrote:

I can confirm it's right away. I just activated two phones and used the referal code from one for the other.

@Thibs627  That's really good to know.  Would you be able to share a few more details.  Was this an online or instore activation?   Was the referral code available in your online self serve account after set up, or did you receive a text with the code after activation?

Thibs627

I can confirm it's right away. I just activated two phones and used the referal code from one for the other.

@buiya wrote:

It used to be immedaite, but it's not quite that way any more.  Although a brand new customer is still immediately eligible to refer another person, you need the referral code.  You will first need to create a self-serve account for the first activation.  You could do that in the store borrowing their internet connection or using your cellular data, but you won't know the referral code until that self-serve account is created.  The store doesn't do that for you.

benmclean

I think immediately

KamWest

I made a redirect forward from my internet address.

www.mydomain/public

So now I just give that to my friends and it redirects right to the sign up page for public mobile with my referral code already entered.

Use this link if you want to do the same

Simply remove the word code and enter your code there for the working link

Pretty sweet and slick

edited by computergeek541:  (link removed) Public Mobile has stated that posting referal codes will be treated as spam and as against Community rules.  Please do not post codes, whether it's shown in the message or embedded within the website link.

buiya

awesome! thanks!

MByogi

Right away! You just log in to your account and there is a 6-digit “Sharing is caring” code to send to your friends. They save $10 off their first bill and you save $1/month (for as long as the friend stays signed up) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@buiya wrote:

As soon as you have activated your account and it's up and running. 

You used to be able to just use the first number activated, but now there is a unique referral code given for referrals. Maybe someone has recently done an activation and can confirm if the referral code is available immediately, I should think it would be.

Need Help? Let's chat.