cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How my Loyalty reward was applied in conjunction with my 30 day cycle payment.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

An anniversary date is every 365 (366 in a leap year) days

November 26 2019 - My Start date with  PM  and counts as my 1st payment. 

November 20 2020 - My Account Payment is Due my 13th payment. 

Here is the chronological order of my payment  6 days before my anniversary date. 

366 minus (12*30) = 6 days ahead of annual anniversary as 2020 has 366 days

November 19 Account Status 1:48PM BC Time - Active

November 19 Account Status 4:50PM BC Time - Expired

November 20 Account - Payment Taken (13th prepaid payment of the year)

November 20 Account Status - Active

November 20 Account - $1 Loyalty Reward Applied to account and goes towards your 14th payment and not your 13th 

(December 20 Next Payment Due (14th since start up) and the first $1 Loyalty credit will be applied to reduce payment. 

Edited to make more sense thanks to @kselmak actually thinking receive the loyalty reward in a year or 12 months but overlooked that 13 payments were made. 

65EA0B3E-0F2D-47F2-BE78-9B02B95CB1A2.jpeg

18 REPLIES 18

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats 

cheers

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

In December 2019 (My anniversary day was Dec 2, 2019) there was some sort of glitch for customers hitting their 1 year anniversary. Either no one received their $1 OR maybe just significant numbers of customers that signed up in December 2018 didn't receive it. 

In some self serve accounts, there is no loyalty reward line in the list of rewards. I've experimented wtih this before and after preforming a plan change to the $25 plan, the loyalty reward line started showing up. 

So maybe accounts that were started before some particular date didn't have the Loyalty Reward line and doing a plan change causes it to update to the new format.

Coincidentally last night was my renewal with me now about 10 days away from my 2 year anniversary. This year like clock work (unlike last year) my Loyalty Reward line incremented from $1 to $2 at renewal and will be put to good use in 30 more days. This answers the question for me that after the December 2018 new Customer Loyalty Reward Glitch was “fixed” in December 2019...it WAS actually fixed, not just patched. Good to see. We shouldn’t be inundated here over the next few months with customers saying they didn't step up to 2 years Loyalty Reward in December.

AE_Collector

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@LurganIeUk , happy anniversary!  I have many accounts under management and the only one that I have kept detail tabs on is my own account which is the oldest one.  The timing for the anniversary reward is as advertised.  The account is on a 90 day renewal cycle and so I have to pass the 365 days by a lot to get the first reward. 

All my other accounts are 30 day cycle and I have lost track of their start dates.  I try to go by the autopay rewards to determine when the loyalty reward should kick in.  I am not finding consistency using this approach.  Some accounts show the loyalty reward after reaching $24 in autopay rewards.  Some accounts don't show it until $26.  I don't understand why the difference.  At the end of the day, it is not worth sweating over missing a buck for one renewal.  

Try this online......https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html it should calculate for you. Since I knew my start date it worked, so if this works backwards from a current payment date...it should be relatively easy to find it. I am surprised that My Account does not give you the start date. 

Where any accounts suspended? Thus causing a later anniversary?

I don't remember all the start dates.  That is why I am going by the number of autopay rewards as a proxy for the account age.  None of the accounts were ever in suspension.  They were all on autopay without ever experiencing renewal failure.  Also, I have not done any lost phone/found phone toggles which apparently has impact on rewards.  We are talking one renewal difference which is not the end of the world.  

@AE_Collector wrote:

In December 2019 (My anniversary day was Dec 2, 2019) there was some sort of glitch for customers hitting their 1 year anniversary. Either no one received their $1 OR maybe just significant numbers of customers that signed up in December 2018 didn't receive it. 

In some self serve accounts, there is no loyalty reward line in the list of rewards. I've experimented wtih this before and after preforming a plan change to the $25 plan, the loyalty reward line started showing up. 

It does work backwards. 

DBCCCA6C-FE29-4CC4-B886-6CD18940A6D0.jpeg

@will13am wrote:

@LurganIeUk , happy anniversary!  I have many accounts under management and the only one that I have kept detail tabs on is my own account which is the oldest one.  The timing for the anniversary reward is as advertised.  The account is on a 90 day renewal cycle and so I have to pass the 365 days by a lot to get the first reward. 

All my other accounts are 30 day cycle and I have lost track of their start dates.  I try to go by the autopay rewards to determine when the loyalty reward should kick in.  I am not finding consistency using this approach.  Some accounts show the loyalty reward after reaching $24 in autopay rewards.  Some accounts don't show it until $26.  I don't understand why the difference.  At the end of the day, it is not worth sweating over missing a buck for one renewal.  

Try this online......https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html it should calculate for you. Since I knew my start date it worked, so if this works backwards from a current payment date...it should be relatively easy to find it. I am surprised that My Account does not give you the start date. 

Where any accounts suspended? Thus causing a later anniversary?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kselmak wrote:

Your first loyalty credit goes against your 13th renewal which is your 14th payment.

Don't forget that you pay at the beginning of cycle, on November 19th you have 12 cycles behind you, you will make your 13th payment on 20th and will be 5-6 days short of anniversary (depending if it's leap year) 

duh ....right......prepay.

Look at the bright side, after waiting 390 days for the first Loyaly Reward to lower your payment the following 4 Loyalty Increases will happen every 360 days. 

In December 2019 (My anniversary day was Dec 2, 2019) there was some sort of glitch for customers hitting their 1 year anniversary. Either no one received their $1 OR maybe just significant numbers of customers that signed up in December 2018 didn't receive it. A week or so after Dec 2 I contacted moderators who went through the usual spiel:

Moderator: “You don’t get it off your payment 5 days before your anniversary date, it goes towards your payment 30 days later”.

Me: ”Yes I know but I’m past 365 days now so it should show in my account waiting for my next payment but it isn't there”.

Both of us: back and forth a few more times until finally “I will look into it”.

A few days later I missed a phone call and got a voice mail from someone in eastern Canada from PM.... I know! ... A phone Call! Message said it was a glitch that has been fixed and I should see the reward in my account now. It was.

So as I approach “Loyalty Reward 2” I nervously look forward to seeing if it is actually “fixed” and arrives on time this year.

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your first loyalty credit goes against your 13th renewal which is your 14th payment.

Don't forget that you pay at the beginning of cycle, on November 19th you have 12 cycles behind you, you will make your 13th payment on 20th and will be 5-6 days short of anniversary (depending if it's leap year) 

@LurganIeUk ...in for the long haul now!

@esjliv wrote:

@LurganIeUk ,

Code cracked ! 😂

November is Cha Ching for it to just appear as a reward value. And for the actual loyalty caption to show up. 

But the BIG CHA CHING is in December when it actually reduces your payment. 

@LurganIeUk ,

Code cracked ! 😂

@esjliv wrote:

ah ha yes - Prepaid service may make it confusing...

1=Nov 2019

2=Dec 2019

3=Jan 2020

4=Feb 2020

5=Mar 2020

6=Apr 2020

7=May 2020

8=June 2020

9=July 2020
10=Aug 2020

11=Sept 2020

12=Oct 2020

November 2020 cha-ching!

Was the above a crackable code you were sending me😀?

I think perhaps the 30 day cycle vs just paying on the 15th of the month every month is what throws it out. Not that I care....PM gets us to "pay" for an extra 5-6 days per year. 

ah ha yes - Prepaid service may make it confusing...

1=Nov 2019

2=Dec 2019

3=Jan 2020

4=Feb 2020

5=Mar 2020

6=Apr 2020

7=May 2020

8=June 2020

9=July 2020
10=Aug 2020

11=Sept 2020

12=Oct 2020

November 2020 cha-ching!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk Happy 1st Public Mobile anniversary!

Yes keyword is AFTER. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk ,

Hey - congrats!

I believe the Loyalty kicks in after 12 cycles. This what happened, right?

Need Help? Let's chat.