cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you save a month from the Community?

mary_emma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m thinking about getting a plan with Public and I was wondering how difficult it is to save money through the Community Reward. 

15 REPLIES 15

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Savebig2 

There is no hard and fast rule or anything. It would ruin this if people tried to gain the system. But to get $2 I would say good quality answers and replies will get it pretty easily.  bad quality answers and spamming will be way harder to get any reward. 

kakunia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's great!  Even $1 or $2 adds up!

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How much do you figure for $2 off a month for posting and replying thanks 🙂

@hongduong wrote:

how active you are to get $2 from the community

Spend as much time as you can trying to help out. The actually amount of time needed to get $2 may be as little as few minutes per day, but that depends on how you participate.

@hongduong wrote:

If you were to read the Solution answer as supplied by @esjliv, you'll have a better idea of how to gauge the Community Rewards.

Welcome to PM.

hongduong

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jessar12 wrote:

You can technically save up to as much as 20 dollars every 30 days but it is very unlikely. To achieve this you would need to spend hours a day answering questions in the community. Although getting 1 or 2 dollars off is very much doable if you stay active.

It isn't possbile to earn a $20 Community reward unless Public Mobile assigns you to the rank of Oracle. This also isn't something that get evaluate monthly, so if you don't own that Community rank, the most you can earn is $15.

And they haven't appointed any new Oracles for over a year and a half.

@Jessar12 wrote:

You can technically save up to as much as 20 dollars every 30 days but it is very unlikely. To achieve this you would need to spend hours a day answering questions in the community. Although getting 1 or 2 dollars off is very much doable if you stay active.

It isn't possbile to earn a $20 Community reward unless Public Mobile assigns you to the rank of Oracle. This also isn't something that gets evaluated monthly, so if you don't have that Community rank, the most you can earn is $15.

@Jessar12 You know that this thread is two weeks old and has already been marked with a solution and has the same info that you just posted?

Jessar12

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm a new member since May. I frequent the forums (both in French and English) a few times per week. I have never given official solutions yet, but I have given my input on some subjects. I have received 2 $ for June, and 1 $ for July. It isn't much, for this forum is a great community, and you get to learn new things. It's interesting. I wouldn't go it solely for the only.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mary_emma wrote:

I’m thinking about getting a plan with Public and I was wondering how difficult it is to save money through the Community Reward. 

It's a lot easier to make/save money by using your referral code to sign up friends and relatives.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mary_emma ,

I wouldn't go into getting a Public Mobile account thinking you will be getting money off your 30 day plan through the Community Rewards route. Think of this Reward as an added perk, it you get it - great! 

Yes, as @gblackma says the $1 and $2 is a reachable reward if you are somewhat active within a 30 day period. But you will need to spend more time, and provide useful knowledge goodies to get the higher ones. Of course this is reachable, but more time consuming. 🙂

You will find the money saving will be finding the best plan that is right for you, plus

-$2 off per 30 days when signed up for Autopay

-$1 off per 30 days for Loyalty...off every year (after the first year) for up to $5 max (5 years)

-$1 off per 30 days for Referring a Friend (for as long as that friend stays with Public Mobile

@mary_emma 

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least several hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mary_emma the maximum that you can get is $15 and that was given to 2 members for the last 2 months. The smaller $1 and $2 rewards are doable. The higher ones harder. Here is an article on the community reward.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward .  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Need Help? Let's chat.