cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does porting over take?

Chantelleop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm coming from Virgin Mobile and I've been waiting for about half an hour. I know with most other providers it's either instant or takes up to an hour. What does Public state as a reasonable amount of time to be waiting. 

12 REPLIES 12

CWTA says it should be done, in most cases, within 2.5 hours. 

casperr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It shouldn't take more than an hour

j0nf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently ported over from Koodo and it took approximately 30 seconds. Most likely cause also from Telus network.

@Chantelleop wrote:

I'm coming from Virgin Mobile and I've been waiting for about half an hour. I know with most other providers it's either instant or takes up to an hour. What does Public state as a reasonable amount of time to be waiting. 

casperr

I have helped three of my 4 of my co-workers and three of them ported basically instantly. I was surprised. Like the moment I popped in the PM sim card, it is already using its phone number.

For myself tho, it took around 30 minutes

crazycolby

should be one hour

viviantung92

For me, it only takes like 2 hours

Smellyk

Just a few minutes for me! After done filling everything out etc and inserted sim and restarted phone, voila! It was done! Was quite impressed

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Put your old sim in. It should still get calls. Or if have a spare phone use both sims.

Contact mods if nothing happens after 2-3 hours include all relevant info sim number old account name and number and phone number and email used to sign up

@Chantelleop wrote:

Thank you. So that worked but now I only can make outgoing calls no incoming. 

That's a normal behaviour when porting processes. Wait a few hours and then you will get a text stating your port is complete. Power cycle your device and then check if everything is working. If not, you can reach out to the Moderator_Team and they will fix it if there is any problems. 

Chantelleop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. So that worked but now I only can make outgoing calls no incoming. 

mhaider

For me it was done within 5 minutes, the only reason why there might be a delay would be if there was an issue matching the account on Virgin side with yours. If it takes any longer contact the @CS_Agent to look into it and they should be able to resolve it asap.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Chantelleop!

Welcome to Public Mobile!

It takes from about half hour upto couple of hours.  Most frequently in my experience, it takes about 20 to 40 minutes.  

You can reboot and try calling your number from another phone.  It may be working already now.

Need Help? Let's chat.