cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does pausing an account effect rewards and balances?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I temporarily pause my account am I still eligible to earn community and referral rewards?

Also what happens to any existing promotional balances that are already in my account?

How does pausing an account affect the 1$ "Loyalty Pays" anniversary discount? 

5 REPLIES 5

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

It depends on how you pause your account.  If you disable autopay, if there is no balance, your account will be suspended after 30 days.  If you have balance, it will take the money out of your balance still.  You can pause the account also by reporting it lost/stolen phone status and then the balance will be left alone.   But, after 90 days of suspended state, your account will be closed forever as well as your phone number.  

From suspended state, I am pretty sure that you will not be eligible to earn community or referral rewards.  Somebody else can correct me if I am wrong.  Not sure about the calculation of the loyality bonus though...

------

@popping wrote:

I disabled one of my plan and removed my credit card.  My account was suspended and it still got the autopay $2 credit even I disabled the autopay.  That account currently has $2 available fund.  It may be a glitch on PM system or PM want to give subscribers incentive to re-start the account again.

The referral on that account is still showing the correct number of referrals.  This means I will get my $1/cycle/referral back when I take that account out of suspension.

So if I don't need my account for the next 30 days the best option would report my device as lost/stolen to not lose my balance and rewards?

In that case what happens to my plan?  When I "find" my device again does my plan resume where I left off or does it start on a new cycle?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I disabled one of my plan and removed my credit card.  My account was suspended and it still got the autopay $2 credit even I disabled the autopay.  That account currently has $2 available fund.  It may be a glitch on PM system or PM want to give subscribers incentive to re-start the account again.

The referral on that account is still showing the correct number of referrals.  This means I will get my $1/cycle/referral back when I take that account out of suspension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley wrote:

If I temporarily pause my account am I still eligible to earn community and referral rewards?

Also what happens to any existing promotional balances that are already in my account?

How does pausing an account affect the 1$ "Loyalty Pays" anniversary discount? 

will13am explained it in this thread.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley

It depends on how you pause your account.  If you disable autopay, if there is no balance, your account will be suspended after 30 days.  If you have balance, it will take the money out of your balance still.  You can pause the account also by reporting it lost/stolen phone status and then the balance will be left alone.   But, after 90 days of suspended state, your account will be closed forever as well as your phone number.  

From suspended state, I am pretty sure that you will not be eligible to earn community or referral rewards.  Somebody else can correct me if I am wrong.  NOt sure about the calculation of the loyality bonus though...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i believe the loyalty rewards are delayed by the amount of time the account is left expired.

edit : Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2

community rewards and refral rewards are not awarded when an account is expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.