cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check and see my referals?

Carson1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With my time being a Public Mobile retailer for quite some time I have registered multiple people to the platform as well as set up their accounts, my contract has recently ended with telus, with that being said I am most likely going to be moving over to public mobile myself. how do I check and see my referals? as I had 'Refered' these people previous to my account creation.

Thanks for the help!
-Carson

19 REPLIES 19

@Carson1 wrote:

If you're talking about the security it is because the other carrier doesn't require an ID verification and is more easily paied in cash I believe you missunderstood me

If that reply was aimed at my previous post, I wasn't talking about the security, but was talking about the referrals, where you said, "It wouldnt be suprising to me to find out I can somehow recieve the referals I preformed".

Carson1

If you're talking about the security it is because the other carrier doesn't require an ID verification and is more easily paied in cash I believe you missunderstood me

@Carson1 wrote:

Ive worked as a retailer and an independent for telus for quite some time now It wouldnt be suprising to me to find out I can somehow recieve the referals I preformed because the 'budget' carrier options were Chatr and PM I decided to side with PM unless customers demanded having more security.

Well, good luck with that..... in any case, you came to the wrong place for that kind of advice, since we're all just PM customers here, and have zero knowledge of that sort of Telus/PM inner workings. You'd be better off contacting the Mod team here, or your Telus rep and ask them.

Carson1

Ive worked as a retailer and an independent for telus for quite some time now It wouldnt be suprising to me to find out I can somehow recieve the referals I preformed because the 'budget' carrier options were Chatr and PM I decided to side with PM unless customers demanded having more security.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Carson1 wrote:

Thats actually how the previous telus rep trained us to do in our specific area I am simply doing as I was told to. anyways thanks anyways

Your Telus rep doesn't know what he is talking about as that isn't how the PM system works

Kinda makes me wonder if it wasn't some "internal" Telus thing, whereby the customers would actually receive the $10 account credit, if input via a Telus/PM retailer, using their business phone number as the referral, but, of course, having no PM account, the retailer wouldn't receive a monthly PM $1 referral discount..... 🤔 

But the OP said it is his personal number that he is going to port over to PM soon?!?!?  Could have been a thing though who knows with how somethings work around here lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Carson1 wrote:

Thats actually how the previous telus rep trained us to do in our specific area I am simply doing as I was told to. anyways thanks anyways

Your Telus rep doesn't know what he is talking about as that isn't how the PM system works

Kinda makes me wonder if it wasn't some "internal" Telus thing, whereby the customers would actually receive the $10 account credit, if input via a Telus/PM retailer, using their business phone number as the referral, but, of course, having no PM account, the retailer wouldn't receive a monthly PM $1 referral discount..... 🤔 

Carson1

Probably the case we had a turnover pretty much monthly on our Telus rep 

@Carson1 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Carson1

I am actualy unsure I never had any customers coming back saying they haven't recieved the credit I would assume someone would've came in and said something since I was selling PM since the very start of the retail launch

@Carson1 wrote:

Yeah; so when I was registering I was provided my Telus number is there a way for me to recieve the referals back? A year ago I totally just put my number in... strange

You won't be able to get any referrals from times when you were not a customer.  Referal credits are for active PM customers.  You need an active account to earn the $1 even in the past if you entered your Telus number once they check that number and see it isn't a valid PM number there would be no referral.  Do you know if these people received a $10 credit for being referred.  I am betting they didn't

Carson1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carson1 

Don't be one of "those" retailers.

We read here about people saying the retailer ignored the customer provided referral code and used their own. The new customer gets the $10 credit either way but if they come in with a referral code then don't ignore it or say oh gee something went wrong.

Not nice.

@Carson1 wrote:

Yeah; so when I was registering I was provided my Telus number is there a way for me to recieve the referals back? A year ago I totally just put my number in... strange

No there is not.

However do you have a referral code now to use on your sign up. As you would get a $10 sign up bonus applied within 72 hours of activating.

@Carson1 

Carson1

@Carson1 wrote:

Regaurding this I am not yet actually a public mobile customer so I am unable to see for the referals I ended up putting down my Telus phone number which will be ported to PM probably within the week

Referrals are done via a code, not a phone number.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Carson1  Unless I misunderstood your question, I don't see how you'd have any referrals to look at, since you haven't been with PM until now.... or from what you said, soon, i.e. if you haven't had an account here, PM would have no account to add your referrals to.

Carson1

Regaurding this I am not yet actually a public mobile customer so I am unable to see for the referals I ended up putting down my Telus phone number which will be ported to PM probably within the week

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

They should be listed here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/rewards/ 

Click on the little triangle to expand

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you never had a personal account. You have no referrals.

When you have an active Public Mobile account. You have your own referral code that you give to people. When they use it. You get $1 off your 30 day bill as long as they're active and account is in good standing.

Need Help? Let's chat.