cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I buy add-on with rewards?

@Dunkgirl

Additionally...there's a window of opportunity between the rewards being converted into Available Funds and then the actual renewal. It could be that during that in-between time you could buy add-ons. But then the status is suspended so probably not. But as we know...futzing around in the account at renewal time is risky.

Mayor / Maire

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO. 

@dna2016 what made you revive this topic from last September??

@z10user4 wrote:

@Dunkgirl

Additionally...there's a window of opportunity between the rewards being converted into Available Funds and then the actual renewal. It could be that during that in-between time you could buy add-ons. But then the status is suspended so probably not. But as we know...futzing around in the account at renewal time is risky.

@z10user4 I don't think she's waiting for a solution any more and has already changed plans.  That said, I'm not sure I'd try this.  We all know how "robust" (NOT) PM's renewal system is.  I wouldn't put it past the renewal failing due to insufficient funds if you tried this--depending if it's smart enough to calculate the AutoPay top-up amount right at the time of processing the payment or whether it's done just after converting the accrued rewards to available funds.  I wouldn't want to be the one to try it, but feel free to experiment Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO. 

@dna2016 what made you revive this topic from last September??

@z10user4 wrote:

@Dunkgirl

@z10user4 I don't think she's waiting for a solution any more and has already changed plans.  That said, I'm not sure I'd try this.  We all know how "robust" (NOT) PM's renewal system is.  I wouldn't put it past the renewal failing due to insufficient funds if you tried this--depending if it's smart enough to calculate the AutoPay top-up amount right at the time of processing the payment or whether it's done just after converting the accrued rewards to available funds.  I wouldn't want to be the one to try it, but feel free to experiment Smiley Happy

Dunkgirl is a regular here so I wanted to add to the discussion.

As I was writing, it occurred to me that it likely wouldn't work anyway as the account is in suspension status anyway. I also commented on the risks of being in the account on renewal night.