cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I buy add-on with rewards?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If I have auto pay / refer a friend / community reward ready for next renewal can I use them first / before renewal for an add-on?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO. 

@dna2016 what made you revive this topic from last September??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkgirl

Additionally...there's a window of opportunity between the rewards being converted into Available Funds and then the actual renewal. It could be that during that in-between time you could buy add-ons. But then the status is suspended so probably not. But as we know...futzing around in the account at renewal time is risky.

@Anonymous I don't think she's waiting for a solution any more and has already changed plans.  That said, I'm not sure I'd try this.  We all know how "robust" (NOT) PM's renewal system is.  I wouldn't put it past the renewal failing due to insufficient funds if you tried this--depending if it's smart enough to calculate the AutoPay top-up amount right at the time of processing the payment or whether it's done just after converting the accrued rewards to available funds.  I wouldn't want to be the one to try it, but feel free to experiment 🙂

Dunkgirl is a regular here so I wanted to add to the discussion.

As I was writing, it occurred to me that it likely wouldn't work anyway as the account is in suspension status anyway. I also commented on the risks of being in the account on renewal night.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO. 

@dna2016 what made you revive this topic from last September??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkgirl

Additionally...there's a window of opportunity between the rewards being converted into Available Funds and then the actual renewal. It could be that during that in-between time you could buy add-ons. But then the status is suspended so probably not. But as we know...futzing around in the account at renewal time is risky.

@Anonymous I don't think she's waiting for a solution any more and has already changed plans.  That said, I'm not sure I'd try this.  We all know how "robust" (NOT) PM's renewal system is.  I wouldn't put it past the renewal failing due to insufficient funds if you tried this--depending if it's smart enough to calculate the AutoPay top-up amount right at the time of processing the payment or whether it's done just after converting the accrued rewards to available funds.  I wouldn't want to be the one to try it, but feel free to experiment 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO.  Rewards are only used towards your cycle payments, now technically if you add your add-ons at the same time as your plan cycle payment date, then I guess your rewards are technically going towards your add-ons, lol, but in general you can't allocate your rewards to add-ons.

It's not a bad idea though, but I don't want PM to turn into FIDO, where all these rewards can only go towards add-ons.  I'd rather keep it the way it is, since add-ons are generally only temporary.  I'd rather have my normal bill taken down every month.

Would be nice if rewards could be applied to both monthly cycle and add-ons.

dna2016

@Dunkgirl definitely a great question, but fortunately PM does not operate like FIDO.  Rewards are only used towards your cycle payments, now technically if you add your add-ons at the same time as your plan cycle payment date, then I guess your rewards are technically going towards your add-ons, lol, but in general you can't allocate your rewards to add-ons.

It's not a bad idea though, but I don't want PM to turn into FIDO, where all these rewards can only go towards add-ons.  I'd rather keep it the way it is, since add-ons are generally only temporary.  I'd rather have my normal bill taken down every month.

Dunkgirl

ADD-ONS canno't be purchased with rewards. Ok thanks

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like you got a lot of rewards going which sounds great!  More rewards means better plans... for free!!!

Dunkgirl

I will just upgrade my plan to a more expensive one.

EdmondY

There's no way you can purchase an add-on with those rewards and it should only work for plan renews.

Dunkgirl

Ok makes sense. Thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No, because any amounts you see on your rewards page will not be converted into usable available funds until the day of your renewal.  They can't be used in the meantime, because these amounts can still change depending on your activity before the renewal.  For example, if referrals leave PM before your due date, your referral reward will decrease.

EdmondY

Sorry but it doesn't work that way.... 😞

The rewards only payout at the time of your plan renewal.  You can use your account balance (if any) or fund your account to purchase the add on.  Keep in mind that the add on don't renew and said function that you purchased will stop working once the allotted usage runs out.

Need Help? Let's chat.