cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Soon can referral rewards be received

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if you are a newbie to public mobile, how soon after activation can you refer someone else? for example if a husband a wife set up a new account, after one activates, can they refer that number right away to activate the second account?

9 REPLIES 9

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Another correction, starting July 24th for privacy using phone numbers for referalls has been discontinued and is replaced by a uniqure referall code. Log into "my account" and on the main page on the right hand side reveals your unique referral code or link to give out to friends when they activate a sim card with Public Mobile.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@goldilock, @Mountainmaxman this information as of today out of date.  refferals now use a referal code found in selfserve.  so you must have a self serve account created to refer people.  this is no problem if you activate at home, but retail activations do not create a selfserve account so you can not refer until you create a selfserve account.

also incorrect is that referals can be done after the ativation, the new account will just will not receive the $10 referal bonus 

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To earn the referall reward of $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to public mobile who are active subscribers, all that person has to do is enter your Public Mobile phone number in the Referral box during tjheir Sim card activation and they will also receive a one-time credit of $10. 

To get the referall reward, it has to be done when your friend activates their SIM CARD! They can do it online during activation of SIm card, they must enter your 10 digit public mobile phone number. If they do not do this at the time of sim activation there is no way to manuallyl apply the referall credit to your account so make sure you tell your friends and referalls to enter your phone number or referall code at time of sim activation! 

Lynneshia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As soon as your account is set up you can refer people ! I got my phone switched and did my husbands directly after and received the reward!

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

if you are a newbie to public mobile, how soon after activation can you refer someone else? for example if a husband a wife set up a new account, after one activates, can they refer that number right away to activate the second account?

I think you can. After I activated my account with PM and everything is working good, I referred my wife to PM.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As long as you have a self serve account. Then you can refer people right away.  Reversal code is found in selfserve upper right corner

If you activate in store then you need to go home and set up a selfserve account.

When activating get asigned a temp number first. Then port. If using the same credit card, best to activate on seperate days, to avoid payment issues on renewal date. 

greygoose22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After activation you should see a referral code in the top right of your "Account Overview". If you can see that code, you can use the referral code!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

@Mountainmaxman  Right away.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman hi as soon as your account is active you can refer anyoneSmiley Happy (another good reason to set up your self serve account)

Need Help? Let's chat.