cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey PM Theres A Refer a Friend Reward Ptoblen

Zeke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey PM. A few minutes ago myself and a another family member got a text from PM saying we had refered a friend. We have each our own accounts. I checked my account and I have 2 refer rewards. I should have just one. We didn’t refer anyone and we haven’t shared our refer link with anyone. You’ve got a problem. Heads up.  

28 REPLIES 28

The mystery continues...got woken up by a pm text msg...."Sorry but yoo lost a refer a friend reward due to account inactivity  your rewards will be $1 less." Dang it ! I knew this mystery referral was too good to be true...lol...  Thirteen minutes later ..? "Congratulations you have successfully referred a friend!'  $1 will be added to your rewards.  Still no phone number... There's a lot of give and take around here and some more give?......

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Why complain if getting extra? When Public shortchanges you, then say something.

@kselmak wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious You know that 5 is the maximum you can see without scrolling down inside the area where the numbers show?

Terry 

Yes I'm just not understanding how I do that...am I supposed to hit something in particular. Using a tablet so I can't hover over the last number?....

You can just scroll through them, just touch them and they should roll

You probably have five only if you can't

That's what I think thus responding to this thread that I'm benefiting from the pm mystery referral glitch....dont have 33 though.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious You know that 5 is the maximum you can see without scrolling down inside the area where the numbers show?

Terry 

Yes I'm just not understanding how I do that...am I supposed to hit something in particular. Using a tablet so I can't hover over the last number?....

You can just scroll through them, just touch them and they should roll

You probably have five only if you can't

@AE_Collector wrote:

Terry 

Terry 

@Zeke wrote:

Update. I have only referred one friend to PM but I’m getting credit for 2 friends. An extra dollar off my account every month. I contacted a moderator and he said everything is fine.  He said, If there was an extra credit I’d get $7 off each month not $5. What? Makes no sense. So for PM my account is awesome. Thanks for the extra dollar off PM. 

@Zeke Thanks for the update on the mystery friend referrals and pm's response to it. I've been following this thread with interest. And well wouldn't you know yesterday morning I got a text saying I successfully referred a friend. Excited that some of my hard work had paid off I logged into my account to see who? While the reward is there there is no number to tell me who it is. Just my original five referral numbers. Could it be like a badge? Refer your first 5 get 1 free? No complaints here. I'll just enjoy the savings. Thanks PM!

ACTravaux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Zeke wrote:

Hey PM. A few minutes ago myself and a another family member got a text from PM saying we had refered a friend. We have each our own accounts. I checked my account and I have 2 refer rewards. I should have just one. We didn’t refer anyone and we haven’t shared our refer link with anyone. You’ve got a problem. Heads up.  

I feel like Public Mobile is throwing a bone to some of its loyal members! Eh ill take it aha

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeke wrote:

Update. I have only referred one friend to PM but I’m getting credit for 2 friends. An extra dollar off my account every month. I contacted a moderator and he said everything is fine.  He said, If there was an extra credit I’d get $7 off each month not $5. What? Makes no sense. So for PM my account is awesome. Thanks for the extra dollar off PM. 

Exactly. Just enjoy the quirks and benefits that come our way. But I guess for your honesty, now you've informed them and you can feel better for it if they don't do anything about it. So all good.

Zeke

I got a couple of texts that from 100 that I successfully referred a friend but the new number doesn't show up on selfserve yet the $1 get added, so I have no idea exactly who the person is. I am not too fussed about it.. I rather Public Mobile fixes more immediate issues first.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zeke wrote:

Hi just ran into this thread...checked my account. No extras so probably not system wide but I'm new so maybe there's a cut off date I.e. account holders prior to 2019?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

@YVRHuh? Zeke's screenshot is just like mine https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Hey-PM-Theres-A-Refer-a-Friend-Reward-Ptoblen...

@GinYVR  I was playing around in Self Serve and read your post again. Found it is in the hidden menu asd you mentioned by clicking on the little arrow it expands and shows the numbers like you showed.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR 

FYI community members, with the new 6 character referral system it does not show the phone number.  On self serve, there is just a dollar value on the right side indicating the referral dollars.  There is nothing listed below like on your self serve screenshot in this thread

Correction: Under Rewards, clicking on the arrow next to Total Rewards earned

Shows the last 4 digits of the people that were referred

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you contact the moderators about it by any chance

wingin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zeke 

Do you really want this fixed?

Yes. It works both ways. When something costs us money PM is faithful to do what’s right. When it costs PM money, the same applies so they can fix the problem and make things right again for themselves so it doesn’t cost them money. 

Fair enough. Yes, when I get improper change back with that old-timey payment method called cash I say something. Sometimes they fix it. Sometimes they insist it's right and I walk away saying fine then. At least I was honest. The classic joke around here of bottle deposits...a store I frequent got in the habit of giving twice the proper amount on a kind of bottle. I say something. They look at some reference they have and say nope. Ok fine. Thanks

So your intentions are admirable. I'm not sure I would say something for a service that continually costs money and is owned by a much larger corporation than a little store though. But I guess you're more honest than me...and I think I'm pretty honest. Good on ya.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zeke 

@Anonymous I totally understand your point:

But I don't want to lose the privilege of having referrals because pm starts losing the money, if b one person subscribed bit 100 get credit for it it's gonna get tough. And many people don't like to be in a position where they're asked to pay back later.

If it was one off, that would be ok I would just assume somebody misspelled, would feel bad for the person who went through effort of referring them. But then I would think they will complain and it would be sorted out once they send the right code to moderators.

But if there is a glitch that credits lots of random people for one signup it will first eat into the perks money that is given to people after they had to suffer through a glitch, to retain customer, or into the allowance for some promotions (like 25 referral) 

Imagine if glitch like that happens during such promotion, that would be very costly as during those times signups and manifestations of such glitches really go up.

If it wasn't a misspell and is really a glitch I hope they deal with it soon.

It would be cool if they would let @Zeke keep that phantom referral for honesty and being such a good team player

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zeke ya I noticed this morning that I got an extra credit here as well, but I'll just enjoy it if they don't fix anything.  Suggest an Oracle remove this post and let's just all twiddle our thumbs and pretend nothing ever happened.  @Anonymous I agree with you.  Only mention issues in the forum if it negatively effects your account/service, lol.

I think this is now the second glitch in the last few months regarding credits, I think it was 2 or 3 months ago when people were getting extra community rewards credits by accident and PM honoured it for that one month.  If PM catches this also I hope they honour it also.  But for more than one month, lol.  

Zeke

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zeke 

Yes. It works both ways. When something costs us money PM is faithful to do what’s right. When it costs PM money, the same applies so they can fix the problem and make things right again for themselves so it doesn’t cost them money. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeke 

Zeke

E6621EC0-D618-42E7-A3AB-48329CF296D1.png

Heres a screen shot of my account so PM can see it. 

Zeke

Thanks for that. There is just one phone number which is right. And it’s the right phone number. But the credit is for $2. 

It's more like a win-win; PM did get a new customer, you got a referral. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ZekeClick on My Rewards and it should bring you to a page where there is a triangle and Total Rewards Earned.. click on that triangle and you should be able to see the last 4 digits of the phone numbers that had used your code, see if they make sense. However the number are not in any particular sequence or order.

Total RewardsTotal Rewards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeke 

There are several quirks around here and some go our way.

Maybe keep it to yourself?

Need Help? Let's chat.