cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you guys referred any friends? What do you tell them?

Hello Guys, 

Have you referred any Friends? 

What has worked for you ? ( Online, Offline, Social Networks, plain old word of mouth? )

For me I would love to referr my friends and family, I tell them "Its Wind-like prices, but with great TELUS coverage! (Plus LTE Speed!)" but for some reason they are hesitant.

Anyways, just curious on what has been your experience with your referrals.

Maybe you guys could help me convince my friends. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

JL

Legend

Re: Have you guys referred any friends? What do you tell them?

Hi,

I haven't referred anyone, and won't entertain the idea until the chronic problems are no more. Imagine convincing someone to join, and then the individual posts his problems in the community. Will your credibility survive?

Food for thought!
Mayor / Maire

Coverage is the key word here. Really that is the main reason to sign up with Public.

We all know and accept Wind is cheaper (but Wind zone coverage is TERRIBLE in the Toronto area)

Less known is Chatr (Rogers) who really seems like Public's main opponent. I am still mystified at why Rogers bought then crippled Mobilicity and yet at the same time has made Chatr such a great voice+txt+unlimited data option.

But back to Public's strength is the shared Telus/Bell network (far superior to Rogers) and no stupid zones / city restrictions etc. 

Mayor / Maire

I've referred 3 people already, but there are atleast 2 others that I know I can convert to paying PM customers right away if I can assure them that they will have a hassle-free experience 100% of the time, once they're signed up and onboarded. In all fairness, I cannot do that currently.

@kav2001c I had Wind and could not get signal inside my office!

I had to get out of the building to make a phone call or send a text.

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

The beta ticker is more likely to make people hesitant.  

Sharing your personal positive experience would be effective towards building confidence but as Martin said, if a well known bug disrupts their service, it would make a bad 1st impression and also create awkwardness for you.  

Thats why I have not tried to convince people.  I go with the full disclosure route if someone asks... that things can go wrong and it may take time to resolve.  

@7789849803  To be honest with you I havent got much trouble.

The only problem I had was that signal was dropping, but that was my OP X fault, not PM.

But you are right, still to many issues to be able to confidently referr.

What is the TOP advantage you tell your friends when talking about PM?

JL

@imm1304 Yeah, the lack of normal channels of support is a dealbreaker for some people.

I personally love the forum and community, but for instance I dont think I could convince my mom if there is no physical place to go when things dont work.

I could never convince her to even try Tangerine, her logic is "I need to know where my money is" ( well mom, if you are reading this know that your money is only 111's and 000's in a bank computer )

What is that thing that you like the most about PM?

Thank you,

Jairo.

Legend

Hi @jairolevi,

What impresses me the most about PM is the community team's honesty and openness. That's the reason that I cannot become a shill for the company. It would be hypocritical.
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jairolevi!  

Most people understand their needs and those who need a real store and phone support will never consider PM.  Its also generational.. the younger generation is more accepting of chat/forum/email based customer service.  

The best thing I like about PM is that I am on the Telus network. Reliable national LTE coverage.