cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give a Gig Reward

Bregreb67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently activated a PM SIM card and purchased the talk and text plan. I used my friends number for a referral to receive the 1gb data reward (mostly doing it this way to see how much data I use as I've never had a plan that included it)

I understand that it may take up to 72 hours for the data to be applied. Can I use MMS during that time? I do not believe the data has been applied yet as I'm still getting a "Log in to network" message even though I've set up my APN settings.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Bregreb67 have you sent MMS in the past? From my knowledge, you need data to send MMS, even though it counts as text. So without data activated, it can't send the MMS, just SMS.

Another option while you're waiting, is to text the image like this! 🙂

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if it says you "need to login" im pretty sure i experienced this before when i first signed up and didnt have an active data line so my phone wouldnt even connect for mms. could be the same case with you. (and yes i am aware you dont need data persay for mms but could be related)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Since having data is not required to send/receive MMS, it should work.  You do still need to enable data and make sure that the APN settings are correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.