cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referral code not applied to my new account

lucy_lucy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I used a referral code from my friend, and inserted this in the correct place on the activation page (and noted the green tick for acceptance of this). However, having gone past the payment and submitting pages - I did not receive another notification, or the $10 reward on my account for using it. Does this come later?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lucy_lucy  Hi - yes, it will come later, and be applied on your next month's bill. 🙂

cclark3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It can take up to 72 hours for your credit to be applied, in the next couple of days you should get a notification saying the credit has been put on your account

@lucy_lucy 

-The friend who’s referral you used should be able to see a $1 referral credit in their account almost instantly after you activated.

-Your friend would also receive a text message almost instantly though With late evening and over night activations The text is delayed until the following day.

-They say up to 72 hours for you to see the $10 credit online but quite often it is just the next day.

A possibility always is mixing up 0 & O, 5 & S, I & L etc in the referral code.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@lucy_lucy have your friend check their account as well to see if it applied. If you are their first referral during this time they will also get an additional $20.00 as long as they were a member before May 14th. 

If you do not see it apply in 72 hours just click the question mark in the bottom right corner and type Rewards not received.

Open a ticket with the moderators. 

only mention this because when I first started I used my sister's referral code and I didn't receive it after 5 days and had no idea what to do.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lucy_lucy wrote:

Hello,

I used a referral code from my friend, and inserted this in the correct place on the activation page (and noted the green tick for acceptance of this). However, having gone past the payment and submitting pages - I did not receive another notification, or the $10 reward on my account for using it. Does this come later?

Thank you

@lucy_lucy  If you saw the green checkmark then your account will get credited within 72 hours as others have already mentioned. The $10 bonus will automatically will be applied during your next plan renewal.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@lucy_lucy Yes, that's right, you will get it within 72 hours. Did your friend received SMS about referring someone and getting 1$?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Within 72 hours of activating your credit will be applied. If your friend checks his account it will likely show a $1 reward under My Rewards and likely received a text as well.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.