cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referrals

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was wondering how successful have PM users been at recruiting their friends.  Has anyone reached a bill statement of $0 purely on friend referrals?  Have you been actively seeking individuals or have events occur per chance?

I haven't had much luck on this end.

3 REPLIES 3

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Tiprix ,

For a while, I had 12 referrals. During the Fall2016 promo (12GB/90-days//$120), it was easy to get people to sign up.  I told everyone about the awesome deal back then, but I didnt really seek out more people since then.  

That number dropped to 4 when the Koodo migration deals started surfacing and people left PM for Koodo.  I think @will13am has had more referrals than me.  The alll-time record must be held by now retired Oracle 779 who I can't seem to tag anymore.. I think he had more than 25 referrals.   

Suggestion for you to get more referrals:  whenever a friend or relative complaints about their phone company/bill, bring up PM. Offer to help them with sign up process.  Good luck!  

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know some people on here have over $10 a month credit from referals. I think at a certain point its probably difficult to maintain a higher number, just because people sometimes switch providers or let their PM account go inactive.

Probably your best bet is family members like your parents. Or you could occassional put up a message on Facebook marketplace promoting something like the $25 credit PM recently had, and suggest people use you as their reference.

I've also seen blogs/webpages where someone has shown the steps for signing up for public mobile, and then at the end prompted the reader to use them as their reference (no idea how successful that is though).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiprix wrote:

I was wondering how successful have PM users been at recruiting their friends.  Has anyone reached a bill statement of $0 purely on friend referrals?  Have you been actively seeking individuals or have events occur per chance?

I haven't had much luck on this end.

I have not reached $0 although I am on a $120/90 day plan.  I have had some success and even with family knowing how much I am saving some just don't want to change.  I have been able to get 3 or 4 friends and then they refer their household.  I did get my nephews to switch about 7 months ago I guess (sister and BIL have company paid phones so they won't switch) and just last month was able to finally get my parents to switch saving them $90 a month for way more data.

I think the big issue is people are used to and have become dependent on getting that "free" phone ever 2 years.  Where as with PM you can save enough in two years to by the phone outright and continue to save.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.