cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referral

ThePostman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I referred a friend but he did not have my cell number. How can I get the $10 referral and the $1 per month ? Thanks !

16 REPLIES 16

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is at the time of activation they have to provide your number to get the credit and it is already late. My suggestion is that send an email to moderator team explaining the situation and they might help you. Good luck!

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The person you're referring needs to have your number if you want to get the reward. If they already activated their sim it without it, it may be too late.  contact moderator they might be able to help.

The moderators were given the ability to set up the friend reward due to many issues of in-store reps not applying the reward at the time of sale and activation.  This is better than preventing the 'bad-blood' between friends when it failed.

The $10 award should be applied to the new customer and the $1/30-day reward to the referring subscriber.

Whether or not the Knowledge Base article is up to date doesn't matter, as the current process is available via the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos

That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.

I don't agree with that.  Things are set up this way for a reason. If people believe that it can be done later and it's announced as such, more people will fail to enter in the referral during activation.  This will cause even longer moderator wait times.

I hadn't understood that the credit wouldn't happen. If it's only the dollar then I think they should drop the whole after the fact thing.

Maybe they think of it as existing customer retention. How is it the existing customers' fault that the new customer forgot to use the number.

Ah...forget about it...snooze ya lose all around. Tough toodles. If the existing customer wants their dollar that much then make darn sure it happens. Even more so on the 25/25 promo. Make. Sure. It. Happens

chelsealzl

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos

That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.

I don't agree with that.  Things are set up this way for a reason. If people believe that it can be done later and it's announced as such, more people will fail to enter in the referral during activation.  This will cause even longer moderator wait times.

That's reasonable. I can see your point where extra work can be avoided when things are done right the first time. Just wishing that the info can be openly available and the people that accidentally missed it can know and still benefit from it.

@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

chelsealzl

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ThePostman wrote:

Thanks...sent a moderator a pm.

@ThePostman  Let us know how it works out when you hear back from the moderator.

chelsealzl

What I read from the reward article is that if he didn't enter your number in the beginning, they can’t manually apply the credit to your account. But doesn't hurt to contact the moderators and try. Good luck!

mimmo

My understanding is that with referrals added after activation, only the 1$/30 days will be added. Any other aspects are not retroactive. 

ThePostman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks...sent a moderator a pm.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ThePostman wrote:

I referred a friend but he did not have my cell number. How can I get the $10 referral and the $1 per month ? Thanks !

@ThePostman  You should ask your friend to send a message to the moderator. Note that if it works out then he gets the $10  credit and you will only get the $1 referral reward every 30 days. Provided of course that the moderator approves it.

popping

@ThePostman wrote:

Not much you can do if your friend did not use your PM phone number during activation.

But you may get it as a goodwill gesture if you send a private message to moderator.  YMMV.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ThePostman You will have to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.