cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Account Age

textmedevo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
Was thinking I would have had the loyalty discount applied to my account this month, I thought I had signed up in September of last year. Of course I may be incorrect, but I can't seem to find my account age or date of sig up anywhere online.

17 REPLIES 17

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Search public mobile in your emails and see if you can find the welcome email 🙂 

@Korth wrote:

@textmedevo

I notice that my old phone is still full of "Public Mobile here..." texts. I never deleted any, lol, and the first/oldest ones ("Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account" and "Your payment has been successfuly added to your account") were sent on the date of my first Plan renewal (which for me was exactly 90 days after I first activated my old 90-day Plan).

The first message would be the one that says "your PIN is" and is received as soon as activated.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@textmedevo

I notice that my old phone is still full of "Public Mobile here..." texts. I never deleted any, lol, and the first/oldest ones ("Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account" and "Your payment has been successfuly added to your account") were sent on the date of my first Plan renewal (which for me was exactly 90 days after I first activated my old 90-day Plan).

Maybe your phone still has similar msg history from PM.

Maybe your phone OS has logged previous months of Call time or Data usage on your SIM card (or phone number). Maybe total logged Uptime is enough, if your phone was new (or factory-reset) when you activated on PM. Surprising how much useful info can be found in the useless junk. 

You can also read the service activation date with a USB SIM Card Reader. Surprising what's stored on SIM cards. And disturbing how much of it can be easily viewed (or copied/edited/wiped) with cheaply available consumer gadgets. 

@Korth wrote:

@darlicious 

One of the Mods advised sending the request to the Moderator Team (as a private message, I assume, since Simonbot lacks much capacity for processing new and unusual communications)... saying that they should be able to provide account details but they first require all the usual information is submitted to authenticate customer identity. 

If you choose the right options in the ticket, it lets you type explanation to problem.

@darlicious 

One of the Mods advised sending the request to the Moderator Team (as a private message, I assume, since Simonbot lacks much capacity for processing new and unusual communications)... saying that they should be able to provide account details but they first require all the usual information is submitted to authenticate customer identity. 

@dabr  Hey would anyone like to repeat the moderators suggestion since their post is now blank.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@dabr

True, the two accounts are separate, which is why I only suggested they could be the same date. Community join date is a good reference point (for most people) if no other history is available.

And the Mods offered a better solution above. 

Agreed:)

Lol, I just noticed who the moderators referenced after you posted!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@dabr

True, the two accounts are separate, which is why I only suggested they could be the same date. Community join date is a good reference point (for most people) if no other history is available.

And the Mods offered a better solution above. (Albeit addressed to the wrong person.) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@textmedevo 

Your profile says "Date Registered: 13-11-2018".  I'm guessing you created your PM Community account on the same day you created your PM Self-Serve account.

That's not necessarily true, I know because I didn't create my community account until several days after activating my account.  That was mostly because I didn't quite understand that in order to contact moderators, a community account was required even though I tried to do my homework before joining PM.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let say you started Sep1-18 for argument sake.

Remember, loyalty starts to count after 1yr (12 months) but your plan is only 30 days, so 12 plan renewals = 360 days, 5 days short of a year. So your loyalty will start on your first renewal payment after Sep1-19. But you would have just renewed Aug26 (no loyalty). Your first loyalty credit should appear on your Sep25 payment.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On the my account page, click on USAGE heading and try to reverse all the way back as far as possible and that may give you the account opening date.

@textmedevo 

Your profile says "Date Registered: 13-11-2018".  I'm guessing you created your PM Community account on the same day you created your PM Self-Serve account.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@textmedevo wrote:

Hi,
Was thinking I would have had the loyalty discount applied to my account this month, I thought I had signed up in September of last year. Of course I may be incorrect, but I can't seem to find my account age or date of sig up anywhere online.

If were postpaid at your old carrier, you could check when your last bill was if you ported to Public Mobile.

@Dunkman wrote:

@textmedevo 

You would have gotten a welcome email and text when you first signed up.  Maybe also can check your credit card billing history.  

You can check your transaction/payment history page, but I think that it only goes back 6 months.  (12 months)

Edit:  Just tried on my account, able to check back 12 month if you enter the calander dates.  

Usually, you will see the $1 show up by your loyalty rewards section in the overview page, then the next month, you will actually get the credit (13th month

Overview My Profile Payment Plan and Add-Ons.png

It seems to be all over the map.  I just tried on two accounts that are currently receiving $1 loyalty reward.  In both cases, I could not get an entire year of transaction data.  In one case, I got 6 months and in the other case, I got up to the beginning of this year. 

@textmedevo 

You would have gotten a welcome email and text when you first signed up.  Maybe also can check your credit card billing history.  

You can check your transaction/payment history page, but I think that it only goes back 6 months.  (12 months)

Edit:  Just tried on my account, able to check back 12 month if you enter the calander dates.  

Usually, you will see the $1 show up by your loyalty rewards section in the overview page, then the next month, you will actually get the credit (13th month

Overview My Profile Payment Plan and Add-Ons.png

GR
Mayor / Maire

@textmedevo the way I found mine was to go in payment history and check around when u think the account opened up. The 1$ loyalty will show up for the 13th payment 

Need Help? Let's chat.